Opposition Views aka Answer Questions for Chelsea Fans/Ask Them Questions (1 Viewer)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
You have 5 hours to make this right, while we discuss how long your ban will last.
I am his cousin and I help run talkchelsea and I invited him onto it. To help me back in the day haha. I am the guy that come and posted photos for you guys after Juve won the title!

Hopefully it's a good game guys. Honestly think you will win or we might sneak a draw. We are in some bad form at the moment so you couldn't be playing us at a better time.

There you go Gords :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Hello everyone, Chelsea fan here.
I would first like to apologize to the admins if this thread does not belong here. I am a moderator on TalkChelsea.net where we do, before every match a section called “Opposition Views” where I get opposition fans thought’s ahead of the game. If anyone is interested, kindly take the time to answer the following questions:

1. Let’s start with an easy one: How long have you supported Juventus and why?
2. You have, as expected, made a great start to the season in the Serie A and are sitting comfortably at the top of the table, how confident are you of retaining the title?
3. Does everyone’s expectations of you to win the Scudetto add pressure or confidence to the team?
4. How has the team been affected by Conte’s absence from the touchline?
5. You have recently lost you unbeaten run in the league to Inter, was that demoralizing or is there a renewed vigor about the team after the defeat?
6. What did you make of Chelsea’s Champions League conquest last season?
7. Our previous meeting was a very tight affair; it really could have gone either way. Did you find the result fair and do you expect a similar match this time around?
8. Chelsea can afford to draw this match while Juve probably have to win in order to qualify to the last 16 round. How do you think that will affect the match?
9. Who has been your best player this season, and who should we look out for?
10. If you can pick one Chelsea player to play for Juve, who would it be?
11. What is the likely formation and line-up that Mr. Conte will put out on tomorrow?
12. Finally, predict the result.

Thank you for taking the time to answer the questions. I, of course, will gladly answer any inquisition you have about Chelsea ahead of the match.

1.Since 1994-95 season, Used to watch Uefa cup/cup winners cup ties couple years before that, and the shirt caught my eye, but also mainly Baggio and even more the emergence of Il Capitano sealing the deal (plus the need to be opposite of a Milanista father).
2. Should win rather comfortably, only obstacle is our attack and how we juggle CL with league, but we dominate resultwise despite the former, and I dont think we will be in the latter long enough for that to be issue.
3. It adds both, but mainly confidence, I think our players are quite accostumed to the pressure of the league by now (Europe is another matter).
4. Conte has prepared the team well enough in his how to approach games before hand, and he generally didnt sub much different then his assistants have so far (except he allways subbed in Giaccherini first it seems...), except for one major difference. His mental coaching for games, huge difference there, last season you sensed the clear effect of half time talk or his sheer presence in the sidelines, and as a result we consistently were more hungry and aggressive in 2nd halfs last season. Not the same pattern this one, in general lack bit of intensity this season compared to last. Most of it is IMO due to his absence during games, but also not being underdogs this season but top dogs, more likely to be complacent.
5. Renewed vigour. It allways sucks to against Inter, but as said above, less intensity and getting too settled into routine of being unbeaten, things became to safe. Much prefer if loss came against anyone else, but the team needed the reminder that came with it.
6. Very opportunistic win. Reminded a little of Inters CL win, tactical organisation and hard work, plus some well timed form from key players sealing the deal.
7. Result was fair, even if there was more to be had from Juve's part on the 2nd half. I expect a similar match up, hopefully one where Chelsea's defense is more open as it has been in the league without Terry.
8. Hopefully make our players considerably more hungry and aggressive, as they have been in last 3-4 games. Chelsea of last season would been comfortable defending deep and playing it safe, and expect to see little of that with needing only a draw, but I'm not sure if this seasons Chelsea is capable of that.
9. Everyone take him for granted, but Pirlo obviously. And who to look out for is Vidal defenitely IMO. His insane work rate combined with his box to box abilities will be key in this game.
10. Instant reaction is Hazard, one of my favourite players by far for last 3-4 years, but Mata has been too majestic this season to not pick him first. Anyone who says Torres should Edward Norton up their own face :p
11. Everything about the lineup is obvious except wether he will go for Lichsteiner who has been benched for 3 games now, or Isla who is more attacking. I'm guessing the latter, but wouldnt be suprised if Licht makes his comeback.
12. Afraid of a draw, but this being the biggiest game of the season I think we'll be able to make it 2-1 despite our horrible attack, hopefully. More of a wishful thinking. Praying for early goal (and Mata to suddenly be out for the game :p).

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hello everyone, Chelsea fan here.
I would first like to apologize to the admins if this thread does not belong here. I am a moderator on TalkChelsea.net where we do, before every match a section called “Opposition Views” where I get opposition fans thought’s ahead of the game. If anyone is interested, kindly take the time to answer the following questions:

1. Let’s start with an easy one: How long have you supported Juventus and why?
2. You have, as expected, made a great start to the season in the Serie A and are sitting comfortably at the top of the table, how confident are you of retaining the title?
3. Does everyone’s expectations of you to win the Scudetto add pressure or confidence to the team?
4. How has the team been affected by Conte’s absence from the touchline?
5. You have recently lost you unbeaten run in the league to Inter, was that demoralizing or is there a renewed vigor about the team after the defeat?
6. What did you make of Chelsea’s Champions League conquest last season?
7. Our previous meeting was a very tight affair; it really could have gone either way. Did you find the result fair and do you expect a similar match this time around?
8. Chelsea can afford to draw this match while Juve probably have to win in order to qualify to the last 16 round. How do you think that will affect the match?
9. Who has been your best player this season, and who should we look out for?
10. If you can pick one Chelsea player to play for Juve, who would it be?
11. What is the likely formation and line-up that Mr. Conte will put out on tomorrow?
12. Finally, predict the result.

Thank you for taking the time to answer the questions. I, of course, will gladly answer any inquisition you have about Chelsea ahead of the match.
1.) Since 97. Always heard the announcers refer to them as the "Old Lady" (and curiosity took over) and loved their jerseys as a kid. Instantly hooked
2.) I think we stand an excellent chance considering how well our team unity is...as others have mentioned our attack really struggles to put the ball in the net so that worries all of us I think.
3.) I don't think so, honestly since Conte has taken over pressure really seems to just dissipate when the going gets tough. He has done really well with the teams psychological aspects of the game.
4.) It would appear to be very little to most people, but there are times when direction needs to be given and a sense of composure that he gives. Tonight will be the biggest test to see how the boys do without him on the sidelines.
5.) It demoralized us. :D But as you can see the team has responded well. A loss tonight might be different come the weekend.
6.) Was a fantastic fun. Great to not see a Barca or Real team win it. Congrats on that, hopefully we can feel it this year. :)
7.) I think our nerves got to us in the beginning (again, the Conte affect missing on the sidelines) and I think this time around we will be more composed. Chelsea did well to get the early goals and we had to crawl back into the game. I think it was a fair result. Good goals were scored at both ends.
8.) We will attack.
9.) Vidal/Pirlo...our midfield is our best area by far. Defense I'd keep an eye on Barzagli. We have some big game players that we are all waiting to step up to the plate still this season (Marchisio & Vucinic)...really need them on their game.
10.) Hazard. :depressed
11.) 352: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Isla/Lichtentsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah, Vucinic, Quagliarella
12.) 2-1 la vecchia signora. Sorry, its just an absolute must win for us.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
1. '96.
2. Very.
3. Both.
4. It's OK, he dug a tunnel in the Juventus Stadium leading into the dressing room.
5. Renewed vigor, after trolling inter into believing they can challenge.
6. Hard work and luck made it happen.
7. That result was very unfair indeed. Yes, I expect a tight match.
8. C'mon. We all know you're gonna park the bus.
9. To me, our best player has been Pirlo. Look out for Storari, he can rip your head off when he gets excited.
10. Ivanovic.
11. 3-5-2: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Lichtsteiner, Marchisio, Pirlo, Vidal, Asamoah, Vucinic, Quagliarella
12. 2-1 Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)