Opposition Views aka Answer Questions for Chelsea Fans/Ask Them Questions (1 Viewer)

CHOULO19

Nov 19, 2012
Hello everyone, Chelsea fan here.
I would first like to apologize to the admins if this thread does not belong here. I am a moderator on TalkChelsea.net where we do, before every match a section called “Opposition Views” where I get opposition fans thought’s ahead of the game. If anyone is interested, kindly take the time to answer the following questions:

1. Let’s start with an easy one: How long have you supported Juventus and why?
2. You have, as expected, made a great start to the season in the Serie A and are sitting comfortably at the top of the table, how confident are you of retaining the title?
3. Does everyone’s expectations of you to win the Scudetto add pressure or confidence to the team?
4. How has the team been affected by Conte’s absence from the touchline?
5. You have recently lost you unbeaten run in the league to Inter, was that demoralizing or is there a renewed vigor about the team after the defeat?
6. What did you make of Chelsea’s Champions League conquest last season?
7. Our previous meeting was a very tight affair; it really could have gone either way. Did you find the result fair and do you expect a similar match this time around?
8. Chelsea can afford to draw this match while Juve probably have to win in order to qualify to the last 16 round. How do you think that will affect the match?
9. Who has been your best player this season, and who should we look out for?
10. If you can pick one Chelsea player to play for Juve, who would it be?
11. What is the likely formation and line-up that Mr. Conte will put out on tomorrow?
12. Finally, predict the result.

Thank you for taking the time to answer the questions. I, of course, will gladly answer any inquisition you have about Chelsea ahead of the match.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I would first like to apologize to the admins if this thread does not belong here. I am a moderator on TalkChelsea.net where we do, before every match a section called “Opposition Views” where I get opposition fans thought’s ahead of the game. If anyone is interested, kindly take the time to answer the following questions:

2. You have, as expected, made a great start to the season in the Serie A and are sitting comfortably at the top of the table, how confident are you of retaining the title?
3. Does everyone’s expectations of you to win the Scudetto add pressure or confidence to the team?
5. You have recently lost you unbeaten run in the league to Inter, was that demoralizing or is there a renewed vigor about the team after the defeat?
7. Our previous meeting was a very tight affair; it really could have gone either way. Did you find the result fair and do you expect a similar match this time around?
8. Chelsea can afford to draw this match while Juve probably have to win in order to qualify to the last 16 round. How do you think that will affect the match?
11. What is the likely formation and line-up that Mr. Conte will put out on tomorrow?

Thank you for taking the time to answer the questions. I, of course, will gladly answer any inquisition you have about Chelsea ahead of the match.
1 - 95/96, fell in love with the blue and yellow jersey, had no idea what the club was and who the players were but it was love at first sight.

2 - 100 percent confident, it is our Scudetto to lose.

3 - I would say adds pressure as we are now expected to win and win convincingly.

4 - The results may not reflect but yes, his presence is a great morale booster and an important reference point, and the players have admitted to that.

5 - Renewed vigor, it has taken the additional pressure of the 'unbeaten streak' off the team's back.

6 - Very fortuitous, but I guess it was karma as they had had their share of misfortune of the past few years in CL.

7 - Juve were the better team on the night, and should have won the game if they had been more clinical in the first half.

8 - Juve always stands up to be counted in the big games and when all is on the line, it should bring out the best in us.

9 - Arturo Vidal has been sensational and been scoring goals for fun, you'll need to try to keep him quiet.

10 - Fernando Torres.

11 - should be the same team that played in London, with Quagliarella starting ahead of Vucinic who is down with illness. Isla may start ahead of Lichsteiner at RWB.

12 - Juventus 2 - 0 Chelsea.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
1. My family are Juventini, so basically since I was old enough to understand.
2. Quite confident, although we are having issues playing in both competitions, as it is a new experience for this team.
3. A bit of both, everyone is trying to knock us off the top.
4. In terms of results, difficult to say it has. But he adds something when he is there, he's a very intense man.
5. It was both demoralising and invigorating, no one likes to lose to Inter, and you can see that response in the players.
6. Tactical, clinical, and with the luck required to win it.
7. I thought the result was fair considering we were 2-0 down, but we seemed to be the better team until Chelsea struck with two blows from nowhere.
8. Di Matteo will most likely set the team up the same way he did for many of the big games last season, which I suppose is a worry.
9. Bonucci, Marchisio and Pirlo have been amongst the best, but watch out for Quagliarella and Vidal (again).
10. Tough to see better for our formation, Torres might seem obvious given our strikers, but if we were to play a back four then Juan Mata, Eden Hazard or Ashley Cole would be obvious choices.
11. 3-5-2, almost certain.
12. 2-1 (heart), 1-1 (head).

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Will Lampard play?
What is this talk of Torres being droped for this game and who do you think will take his place if that happens?
How come you only chant "Chelski Chelski" during the match, is it so hard to think of something different?

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
1. Juve has been my favorite team since around '00, but it wasn't until '05 that I started to follow them actively. Basically I became a fan because of Del Piero. I got a Del Piero shirt as a birthday present before I had even heard about him, and that was when I started to become a fan.
2. I'm pretty confident. We are definitely huge favorites and even with the loss against Inter I still believe that we are going to win the title. We have to fuck up big time to lose the title.
3. Of course it does. It was definitely an advantage last year that we came out of nowhere. Now there's a lot more pressure, but I don't think it's too much pressure for us to handle.
4. I think our team has lacked an extra boost of motivation when we were in trouble on the pitch, but the players are professionals, they are managing fine without him. Our results have been as good as we could hope for in the Serie A.
5. At first I thought it would be demoralizing, but in the end I guess it really turned out the other way. At least we managed to score 10 goals in the two games after.
6. I think Chelsea has the necessary luck to go all the way, but that doesn't take anything away from the tactical brilliance of that campaign. Furthermore, I liked the fairytale story about your Champions League run.
7. The outcome of the first match was definitely fair. I don't expect this game to be the same at all since the group stage is almost over and now Chelsea will be more than happy with a draw. I expect this game to be much more tactical than the first one which was basically a very well played football game.
8. Well, I mentioned this a little bit in my previous answer, but I think that will mean that Chelsea will approach the game a bit more defensively that they otherwise would have. At the same time I think Juventus will be motivated as never before. I expect them to play like it's the last game of their life, basically.
9. I think Marchisio has been our best player so far, but what you should be afraid of is our midfield trio. Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal are most likely going to be the key to winning this game for us.
10. Even though we desperately need a striker, I think Torres is too much of a choker, and I've not been impressed by Sturridge. We also need a left wingback, but I personally don't like Ashley Cole too much. I guess that would mean I would go with either Mata or Hazard.
11. We are definitely playing 3-5-2 just like the last game. I expect this to be the line-up:
Buffon
Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
Lichtsteiner - Vidal - Pirlo - Marchisio - Asamoah
Giovinco - Vucinic​
However, it is possible that Isla will be play instead of Lichtsteiner and that Quagliarella will play instead of Vucinic.
12. Juventus is going to win 1-0.

OP

CHOULO19

Nov 19, 2012
  • Thread Starter #10
    Thank you again for taking the time to participate. You can see the thread and the member's comments on it in the article section of TalkChelsea (can't post link)

Will Lampard play?
    What is this talk of Torres being droped for this game and who do you think will take his place if that happens?
    How come you only chant "Chelski Chelski" during the match, is it so hard to think of something different?
    Lampard is still out injured as for Torres, rumors are that RDM was furious with him after the last match and that he will be dropped tomorrow. Sturridge or Moses are the only options to replace Torres.
    As for the chants, we at Chelsea believe that getting the basics right is better than trying anything fancy. Check our CL campaign last season if you want proof ;)

Völler

Always spot on
    May 6, 2012
    By the way, I have been lurking on the Chelsea forums, and yours seem to be the best one. Dunno why you have 5 similar Chelsea forums though. :p

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003

These guys are coming out of the woodwork now...

1. Juventus picked me about a decade ago.
    2. Moderately. The quality is there, unlike most of Series A. But things can fall apart quickly. There's no safe bets.
    3. A little of both probably.
    4. Subs have been a little more dubious, but not too bad. Motivation in the locker room at halftime doesn't seem the same. Otherwise not much difference.
    5. Glad to get that over with so we can shut up about it already and get back to business.
    6. Smart. Executed well to strategy that compensated for weaknesses and emphasized strengths. Some luck always involved no matter who wins, of course.
    7. Fair, though if anybody should have pulled out the win in the end it was Juve. And unfortunately I do expect another draw.
    8. Chelsea can wait and see a little.
    9. Best player this season? Still have to go with Pirlo right now. But Marchisio is on a good streak, and Vidal is coming back from some weaker spots.
    10. I do like Oscar. Maybe Mata. The rest are OK.
    11. 3-5-2, which I disagree with.
    12. 1-1 draw.

STEV3O

Sep 6, 2009
    You have 5 hours to make this right, while we discuss how long your ban will last.
    I am his cousin and I help run talkchelsea and I invited him onto it. To help me back in the day haha. I am the guy that come and posted photos for you guys after Juve won the title!

Hopefully it's a good game guys. Honestly think you will win or we might sneak a draw. We are in some bad form at the moment so you couldn't be playing us at a better time.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005

Ever since i got into club football,16 years ago? Juventus-bologna (the Inzaghi scudetto winning hattrick) 1997-98 season
    We will comfortable cruise to the win
    People already know we are winning the Scudetto and so do the players, the pressure is simply to perform on the match at hand, the one they are playing. Coz win the match or lose it we already know the title is ours.
    He's still the coach and only difference form last year is that they are not able to hear him shout instrustions. He still calls the shots but yeah his absence is felt during hard games, but not much really.
    Definitely pissed off the boys just like the fans and as much as it sucks to lose to the trannies it actually helped.
    Lucky and Drogba.
    The result was fair last time around, inspite of our sterile forwards we are going to destroy you in Turin.
    You will park the bus and we will crash through it, there will probably be another heated discussion on why we need a WC forward coz all our goals will come from the MF.
    Vidal, strange you even ask :D
    Oscar if he is ready to be benched and fight for it with Pogba.
    2-0
    Vidal,Pirlo

There you go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)