opinions on LUCA TONI (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Luca Toni has impressed me almost every time I have seen him play, so in my opinion he a very good forward. He is very good with the ball at his feet for a big man, he has good strength and ariel ability, his finishing is very sound, and his positioning in front of goal is great as well. Toni is the prototypical all-action targetman who can do it all up top, and now at Fiorentina he will have lots and lots of service with Fiore and Jorgensen on his wings, so expect perhaps more goals than last year from the guy. In Italian football right now I would certainly take Toni over Vieri and any other forward besides Gilardino, thus warranting a starting role for the National Team.

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #24
    cassano would qualify as a del piero type player.
    i think andy was talking abt the goal scoring department in the team,which yes,shud belong ot gilardino and/or toni.
    cassano should be the supporting striker.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    sports.it call him the "Italian Van Basten". What's up with Marco these days? A week ago, Zlatan was the new Van Basten, now it's Toni... who's next?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I always saw Toni a little more in the vein of Pippo Inzaghi than a Van Basten, given his opportunism and finishing. What he doesn't wow you with running down the pitch he makes up for with his presence in front of goal.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    In all his years in Serie A I always thought he was an okay player, not special at all. But last year with Palermo was convincing, scoring a lot of decisive goals.. :undecide:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I thought he was good in his last couple of matches....he's a good finisher, ofcoarse not like trezeguet but still he's good....He still got enough time infront of him to prove more...

Tifoso_old

Aug 12, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    In all his years in Serie A I always thought he was an okay player, not special at all. But last year with Palermo was convincing, scoring a lot of decisive goals.. :undecide:
    I think that his last season with Palermo was his first in Serie A .. no?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    This bio doesn't mark the league but it's my opinion he's been playing in Serie A since 2000/01: http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/fo/profiles/10000000000000000000011776.html

Luca Toni (born May 26, 1977 in Pavullo nel Frignano, Modena) is an Italian football player. He plays as a striker for ACF Fiorentina and the Italian national team.

He started his professional career at Modena in 1994.

After a good Serie B season with Treviso in 1999, he moved to Vicenza Calcio, playing in Serie A for the first time. He then moved to Brescia Calcio and played for two seasons alonside Roberto Baggio.

He joined Palermo in 2003 and helped the team to win Serie B by scoring thirty goals during the season, consequently gaining his first cap for the national team. In the following season he scored twenty goals.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luca_Toni

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)