OpenMoko - Free Your Phone (1 Viewer)

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #21
    Kick ass :lol:...all of it is applicable, but how the hell will it calculate how much beer you consume??
    Oh come on, a little bit of user input couldn't hurt.

Failing that, it could use the accelerometer to calculate how much your body is swaying, and if you just input your height, weight and gender once, derive your blood/alcohol content from that :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    Oh come on, a little bit of user input couldn't hurt.

Failing that, it could use the accelerometer to calculate how much your body is swaying, and if you just input your height, weight and gender once, derive your blood/alcohol content from that :D
    Or we could design an arm pouch, where we put the phone in. Using the accelerometer, it should calculate how many swigs you take. Multiply it by 200 ml or whatever average you decide...and you got yourself an app...and much more applicable than yours :p

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #24
    Or we could design an arm pouch, where we put the phone in. Using the accelerometer, it should calculate how many swigs you take. Multiply it by 200 ml or whatever average you decide...and you got yourself an app...and much more applicable than yours :p
    See, that's the beauty of open source. We've got a workable application idea, and it's already in v1.02! :D

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    See, that's the beauty of open source. We've got a workable application idea, and it's already in v1.02! :D
    Then install a tracking device on your car keys linked with the phone, so when you drink a certain amount and the car keys is less than 1 meter close to you, the phone scrambles the electronic circuits in the keys so the car doesn't start :D

Solution for drunk driving :D

V 1.03

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #28
    I was trying to think of a better way of tracking the car/keys, and it actually led me to a decent idea. The accelerometer could track your movement speed, and when it detects that you've parked your car and you're on foot, it could record the location of your parking spot. That way you'd never get lost in a carpark again :D

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #30
    How on earth would you be able to track the number of electronic devices around you? :)

Of course there are ways of detecting whether the user is sitting in traffic or walking, the simplest of them being that the accelerometer detects movement typical of human walking, which is very different from the movements of a vehicle.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #32
    Ahh yes, the superconductors... how could I forget... :shifty:

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    ßöмßäяdîëя;1482105 said:
    ...no, solution for me putting my phone in the back seat so I can drive.
    Damn you Micheal Burke. Didn't think of that :oops:

I was already daydreaming of the perfect slashdot headline :D

Apr 15, 2006
    Then install a tracking device on your car keys linked with the phone, so when you drink a certain amount and the car keys is less than 1 meter close to you, the phone scrambles the electronic circuits in the keys so the car doesn't start :D

Solution for drunk driving :D

V 1.03
    no, more reason for a drunk guy to get pissed off even more! :disagree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)