On this day in history... (1 Viewer)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
That was my first season as a Juventino ( i wasn't one during the CL triumph and i lost 3 CL finals in my life as a Juventino) and that match remains my all time favourite. :touched:

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
umm .. we won over Inter in SanSiro 2:1 with that DP cracker freekick on my birthday :D ..

Guys, poll who's better :p ..

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
Wow Attelio Lombardo .... I totally missed those days... Sony shirt!
It was a pure honesty and loyalty between guys...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
ßöмßäяðîëя;1605511 said:
DUDE! Who is that 60 year-old bald-headed guy in the last pic with Vieri? It looks like Moggi without glasses.
That's Lombardo.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
One of the greatest Juve teams ever. Great memories :touched:
For me it's the greatest of all the teams we had in last 10-15 years. Even better than the team that won the CL the previous year.

That's the season where we bought Zidane, Vieri, Boksic, Montero.
With Vialli and Ravanelli leaving the team, Del Piero had the main roll in our attack, while Jugovic had an amazing season and played on the same level as Zidane.

We started the season by beating.....no, sorry.....by literally destroying Paris Saint Germain in the European super Cup, where we beat them 9:2 on aggregate :shocked:
In Italy we were dominant , while in Europe we started the way we finished the previous season. We had 5-1-0 record in the group and we've beaten Manchester United at Old Trafford and Delle Alpi, keeping a clean sheet in both matches.
Then in December, Del Piero brought us the Toyota Cup and we became club world champions.

During the spring we humiliated Milan at San Siro (6:1) and in the CL semifinal we humiliated another European giants, Ajax, beating them 2:1 and 4:1.
We comfortably won the scudetto 4 rounds before the end.

That's why that defeat in the CL final hurts so much.
We were 3 classes above every single team in the world but we couldn't put the icing on the cake.
:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)