On this day in history... (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2005
For me it's the greatest of all the teams we had in last 10-15 years. Even better than the team that won the CL the previous year.

That's the season where we bought Zidane, Vieri, Boksic, Montero.
With Vialli and Ravanelli leaving the team, Del Piero had the main roll in our attack, while Jugovic had an amazing season and played on the same level as Zidane.

We started the season by beating.....no, sorry.....by literally destroying Paris Saint Germain in the European super Cup, where we beat them 9:2 on aggregate :shocked:
In Italy we were dominant , while in Europe we started the way we finished the previous season. We had 5-1-0 record in the group and we've beaten Manchester United at Old Trafford and Delle Alpi, keeping a clean sheet in both matches.
Then in December, Del Piero brought us the Toyota Cup and we became club world champions.

During the spring we humiliated Milan at San Siro (6:1) and in the CL semifinal we humiliated another European giants, Ajax, beating them 2:1 and 4:1.
We comfortably won the scudetto 4 rounds before the end.

That's why that defeat in the CL final hurts so much.
We were 3 classes above every single team in the world but we couldn't put the icing on the cake.
:(
Exactly. This was the team that made me to love Juve, and that's why it's difficult for me to accept the today's situation.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
For me it's the greatest of all the teams we had in last 10-15 years. Even better than the team that won the CL the previous year.

With Vialli and Ravanelli leaving the team, Del Piero had the main roll in our attack, while Jugovic had an amazing season and played on the same level as Zidane.

We started the season by beating.....no, sorry.....by literally destroying Paris Saint Germain in the European super Cup, where we beat them 9:2 on aggregate :shocked:
In Italy we were dominant , while in Europe we started the way we finished the previous season. We had 5-1-0 record in the group and we've beaten Manchester United at Old Trafford and Delle Alpi, keeping a clean sheet in both matches.
Then in December, Del Piero brought us the Toyota Cup and we became club world champions.

During the spring we humiliated Milan at San Siro (6:1) and in the CL semifinal we humiliated another European giants, Ajax, beating them 2:1 and 4:1.

We were 3 classes above every single team in the world but we couldn't put the icing on the cake.
thats the happiest and the saddest thing i have ever read. fuck thats really saddening. :flag2:

OP
Rhizoid
Oct 3, 2004
  • Thread Starter #23

So true, definitely one of the strongest Juventus sides I'd ever seen.

And IMO, the Ajax 1-2 Juventus match was the pinnacle of OWNAGE football that I've ever seen in my life, despite the scoreline not reflecting that.

That match had it all, blind passing, one-twos, free-flowing football. They barely got a sniff. I still remember, never bieng so impressed with Juve and football team in general, since watching that game.

Good old days, I wonder if we'll see them again.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007

And IMO, the Ajax 1-2 Juventus match was the pinnacle of OWNAGE football that I've ever seen in my life, despite the scoreline not reflecting that.

That match had it all, blind passing, one-twos, free-flowing football. They barely got a sniff. I still remember, never bieng so impressed with Juve and football team in general, since watching that game.

i sure hope we do!

god i miss when we played like that,

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q7X14Md9DV4&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RNBGAFgAVy4&feature=related

Omair

Herticity
    Sep 27, 2006

and people ask me how come I hate Capello when he won us two scudettos ..

Mafia

Pinturicchio
    Jul 21, 2006
    Those were the days for sure, but i have faith that we will return to that top tier soon enough, cuz we're juve and thats what we do, own :)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

The optimistic side of me wants to believe that we're building towards that dream squad we used to have:

Giovinco will become Zizou hopefully,
    Marchisio for Deschamps,
    De Ceglie
    for Toricelli / Pessotto / Zambrotta,
    Camo is the new Di Livio, only 5 times better,
    Chiellini = Ferrara+Montero,
    Momo will be our new Pitbull (Davids).
    We still have Nedved for Jugovic,
    Sneaky forward on the bench Amoruso is Iaquinta.
    Vieri = Amauri (?)
    Peruzzi's replacement is world's greatest Gigi,
    and we still have Del Piero and of course the Juve spirit will always be there...

:xfinger:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)