OP
Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #23
    Byrone said:
    Why the negative attitude Rob? Its not over until the next 90 minutes are over.Just look at it as the first half only,now just for the pep talk.;)
    on the plus side
    1-paul hartley the heartbeat of the team will be back and running box to box again which is what we needed
    2- jullien brellier will be back, the strong man in midfield that we needed to add steel to the middle of teh park
    3- edgar jankauskas will be fit and ready to play 90 minutes by then
    4-we are a strong team in defence and with these players back we are perfectly adapted to hit hard and fast which is what we need
    5- we can really go all guns blazing as we at least have the UEFA cup to fall back on
    6-abslutely no way will we play as badly as this, this is the worst we ahve played ina long time but tbh, if it wasnt for the red card( which was enver a booking0 then we might ahve held on

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Bozi said:
    on the plus side
    1-paul hartley the heartbeat of the team will be back and running box to box again which is what we needed
    2- jullien brellier will be back, the strong man in midfield that we needed to add steel to the middle of teh park
    4-we are a strong team in defence and with these players back we are perfectly adapted to hit hard and fast which is what we need
    5- we can really go all guns blazing as we at least have the UEFA cup to fall back on
    6-abslutely no way will we play as badly as this, this is the worst we ahve played ina long time but tbh, if it wasnt for the red card( which was enver a booking0 then we might ahve held on
    Was that a home or away match Rob?

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Byrone said:
    They suprised a lot of ppl Aaron,pool are lucky not to be 2-1 down btw.
    I haven't seen one bit of the game so I couldn't say. Our form has blown as of late so I'm not surprised.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    Bozi said:
    on the plus side
    Well i dont expect another performance like that & besides they were nervous.The onus is on Hearts to bring the game to AEK,so its gonna be an interesting return leg.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    Enron said:
    I haven't seen one bit of the game so I couldn't say. Our form has blown as of late so I'm not surprised.

The maccabi keeper has had a stellar performance & their defense is rather strong.

Mark Gonzalez just came on as a substitute.On a side note,did u know that Gonzalez is South African born?

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Byrone said:
    The maccabi keeper has had a stellar performance & their defense is rather strong.

Mark Gonzalez just came on as a substitute.On a side note,did u know that Gonzalez is South African born?
    Yes and thats part of why I like him so much besides telling Chile to fuck off.

OP
    Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #32
    Enron said:
    Was that a home or away match Rob?
    home game and we were pummellled first half but they never looked like scoring, we got the goal and enarly got a 2nd, then the ref sent off bruno for dropping the ball behind a player when teh free kick was awarded and we looked a bit shaky, they got a great header late in the 88th minute and a lucky deflected 93rd minute goal:faq1: :faq1: :faq1:

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    Enron said:
    How did it go? Im relying on BBC text. There's a bit of a delay.

Cross from Pennant,Gonzalez got a hold of it but stumble over it,gained his footing & neatly tucked it into the top righthand corner.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Bozi said:
    home game and we were pummellled first half but they never looked like scoring, we got the goal and enarly got a 2nd, then the ref sent off bruno for dropping the ball behind a player when teh free kick was awarded and we looked a bit shaky, they got a great header late in the 88th minute and a lucky deflected 93rd minute goal:faq1: :faq1: :faq1:
    Sounds like you guys should easily win 2-0 in the next match.

OP
    Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #35
    Enron said:
    Sounds like you guys should easily win 2-0 in the next match.
    well we can hang onto teh fact that AEK have a shocking home record in europe in recent years so there is always a chance

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Byrone said:
    Cross from Pennant,Gonzalez got a hold of it but stumble over it,gained his footing & neatly tucked it into the top righthand corner.
    Nice. Talk about a super sub. If he can play like he did for Real Sociedad we're in for a good season.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    Enron said:
    Nice. Talk about a super sub. If he can play like he did for Real Sociedad we're in for a good season.

Bellamy,Pennat,Sissoko & Gonzalez have looked superb.Sunday's tie should be an exciting affair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)