OMG, not again: Leeds players suspected of sex assault! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Soccerage:

Leeds United Helping Police Investigate Sex Attack

10/07/2003. Leeds United Football Club have said they are helping police investigating an alleged serious sexual assault on a woman in Leeds, the BBC has revealed.

Two men have been arrested in connection with the attack on the 20-year-old woman on Monday night.

Leeds United said they had been informed of an ongoing investigation by West Yorkshire Police and were offering their full co-operation.

A police spokesperson said: "We are currently investigating an alleged serious sex assault on a 20-year-old woman in Leeds last evening [Monday 6 October].

"Two men have been arrested and are currently being questioned in connection with the incident."

In a statement the club said: "Leeds United Football Club has been advised by West Yorkshire Police of an on-going investigation.

"In line with club policy, full co-operation has been extended to police.

"No further comment can or will be made by the club until the police investigation has been completed and the club informed of the conclusion."

------------------------------------

Leeds Sex Assault Investigation: Update

10/07/2003. A number of reports have confirmed that one of the men arrested and currently being questioned by West Yorkshire police in connection with an alleged serious sexual assault of a 20-year-old woman in the city of Leeds is a Leeds United footballer.

A second man, also thought to be a professional footballer, has been detained by West Yorkshire Police following the alleged attack on Monday night.

The alleged victim has been questioned by police and will probably have been tested for DNA samples, such as blood or semen, left during the assault.

Leeds United Football Club have offered their full co-operation to police in connection with the sexual assault inquiry.

--------------------------------

BBC.com

Leeds United player arrested
The club has promised its full co-operation with the investigation
A Leeds United footballer has spent the night in police custody after being arrested in connection with an alleged serious sexual assault.

The footballer is being questioned about the alleged attack on a 20-year-old woman on Monday night.

A second man has also been arrested in connection with the alleged attack, but it is not believed he is connected with the club.

It is understood a second player from the Leeds United squad is helping police with their inquiries, but has not been arrested.

Leeds United said they had been informed of an ongoing investigation by West Yorkshire Police and were offering their full co-operation.

West Yorkshire Police have confirmed the arrest of two men in connection with the alleged incident but would not clarify how either of the men are connected to the club.

A police spokesperson said: "We are currently investigating an alleged serious sex assault on a 20-year-old woman in Leeds last evening [Monday 6 October].

"Two men have been arrested and are currently being questioned in connection with the incident."

Forensic examination

The player, who has not been named, is being questioned at Chapeltown Police Station.

In a statement the club said: "In line with club policy, full co-operation has been extended to police.

"No further comment can or will be made by the club until the police investigation has been completed and the club informed of conclusion."

Meanwhile, police confirmed they were examining a lay-by on the main A58 Leeds to Wetherby road as part of their investigation.

The area has been sealed off and forensic officers are at the scene.

Leeds Utd players arent really angels. Now, I dont want to speculate, but I think it's the blonde attacker guy with a bad temper (I just dont want to say his name, but you all know who I mean ;) )

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
:rolleyes:

let's not get started with this again, apart from the fact that we're all sick of this happening in football...

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
Leeds Utd players arent really angels. Now, I dont want to speculate, but I think it's the blonde attacker guy with a bad temper (I just dont want to say his name, but you all know who I mean ;) )
I would certainly hope not...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++

you dont mean Viduka now do you:(

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    No, I ment Alan Smith, but it was in fact somebody else, I cant remember his name now. He's not so famous.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)