Olivera ready to fight for place (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The first time i saw him captaining the uruguayn sub 20 NT, he was class.

I still think he have potential, but he needs t change some of his game.

He specially needs a coach who understand his weaknesses and strong points, and a chance.

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
Olivera is a class player with loads of potential. I think it's great that he is willing to fight for his place.

I reckon Dechamps will be good for this kid.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Capello was stupid, he played olivera as a winger in the pre-season where he performed well and then left him on bench for 3 months straight after that. When Juve needed a central partner for Emerson beofre last season, he didn't give Olivera a chance.

Olivera is perfect for the central role just behind the forwards. With Zanetti behind him defending the midfield, Olivera could actually start playing his better position and we could really do with him in that role. Noone of the Juve supporting strikers are true midfield creators, hence, another reason why olivera should stay and play that role.

--------------zanetti

--march---------------nedved/kapo

-------------olivera

------X------------------del piero

that looks good enough for me.

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
I watched Olivera in Pinzolo at a training game (one half 22min.) and he was great. Many action went over the right side (Kapo and Rossi) but when Ruben gets the ball he was always dangerous!

And he is good on corners and FK! (he scored a beauti in the match!)

give him a chance!

Forza Olivera!

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Andy said:
Olivera was on fire against Atalanta in 2005 and that was probably his best match for Juventus thus far in his career. He scored a very sublime goal and was a danger every time he touched the ball.

The kid has talent, however he is simply too inconsistent for Juventus. We have, however, never really given him a real chance and keep playing him out of position, so perhaps we should finally give Olivera a good spell before shipping him off.
Totally agree, he also saved our asses in front of Parma, only to ruin it with a stupid red card...If he wants to get anywhere he has to work on his temper. I say give him a chance in B, I could see him weaving magic there...

I also seen him playing some good matches in the WCQ last year with Uruguay..

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
Rami said:
Totally agree, he also saved our asses in front of Parma, only to ruin it with a stupid red card...If he wants to get anywhere he has to work on his temper. I say give him a chance in B, I could see him weaving magic there...

I also seen him playing some good matches in the WCQ last year with Uruguay..
yes, and I was so dissapointed that uruguay lost the final match to qualify for the WC!
it had been such a big step for Olivera, but maybe then he wouldnt be at Torino anymore...:agree:

Forza Olivera
give this kid a chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)