Olivera ready to fight for place (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Uruguayan midfielder Ruben Olivera has declared his desire to stay with Juventus and fight for his place in the Serie B side, despite rumoured interest from Sampdoria.

The 23-year-old was watched by Samp coach Walter Novellino at the weekend, but insists he is concentrating on completing the job he came to do with Juve when he signed from Uruguayan side Danubio FC in 2002.

He said: "I really want to play now, even though I know it is not going to be easy to get a place in this team. Pavel Nedved, Marco Marchionni and Olivier Kapo are all rivals for my position, but to train with them is a pleasure and a motivation."

http://www.givemefootball.com/news.html?newsID=42086&type=international

---------------------------------------------------

Whatever he says, I'll always hate this guy...

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
why ? hes not so bad ...hes young and didnt get his chance for a while now..this will be his chance to shine.The guy has talent

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    sateeh said:
    why ? hes not so bad ...hes young and didnt get his chance for a while now..this will be his chance to shine.The guy has talent
    Well, I don't want to seem pessimistic, but I never understanded why he's playing for Juve for all this time...

He is great in giving passes to Juve's opponents...

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    He's often dissapointed, but bear with him he was injured for a long time and spent most of the time on the bench due to the presence of Nedved, Camoranesi and later Mutu. I still think Olivera is a raw diamond(everyone can remember his excellent form during same patches in season 04/05). Having said that, it's time for him to finally start delivering.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    He has never really been given the chance. Its to early to ship him off. Give him a chance. He is certainly good enough for serie b, as a starter or on the bench. He wont hurt the team.

di_vladi

Jul 11, 2006
    I don't know. I have some doubts about this youngster. I used to think he would become a great player, but he hasn't developed at all for 3 or 4 years. Very disturbing.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Dominic said:
    He's often dissapointed, but bear with him he was injured for a long time and spent most of the time on the bench due to the presence of Nedved, Camoranesi and later Mutu. I still think Olivera is a raw diamond(everyone can remember his excellent form during same patches in season 04/05). Having said that, it's time for him to finally start delivering.
    Olivera was on fire against Atalanta in 2005 and that was probably his best match for Juventus thus far in his career. He scored a very sublime goal and was a danger every time he touched the ball.

The kid has talent, however he is simply too inconsistent for Juventus. We have, however, never really given him a real chance and keep playing him out of position, so perhaps we should finally give Olivera a good spell before shipping him off.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    pavelnedved said:
    I remember Olivera scoring a winning goal in the competition and getting a red card later on.
    Yes, that was against Chievo I believe. Olivera and Potenza (I think) were scrapping all match, and our own Ruben decided to elbow the Chievo defender higher up in the face, if I remember correctly.

But the funny part of the whole ordeal was after the ref showed Olivera a red card and the Chievo players were still fuming over the whole incident... the guy sprinted off the pitch and into the tunnel before he himself became a 'Grilled Ruben.'

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    ReBeL said:
    Well, I don't want to seem pessimistic, but I never understanded why he's playing for Juve for all this time...

He is great in giving passes to Juve's opponents...
    yeah i know he is very inconsistent. But he didnt get a good spell of playing a number of games back to back.So now he will get the chance and if he didnt do well he will be benched then possibly shipped off.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Andy said:
    Yes, that was against Chievo I believe. Olivera and Potenza (I think) were scrapping all match, and our own Ruben decided to elbow the Chievo defender higher up in the face, if I remember correctly.

But the funny part of the whole ordeal was after the ref showed Olivera a red card and the Chievo players were still fuming over the whole incident... the guy sprinted off the pitch and into the tunnel before he himself became a 'Grilled Ruben.'
    Haha I remember that, that was so hilarious. Olivera truly did honour to his 'chicken' nickname.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Andy said:

:lol:
    :pint: for Grilled Ruben

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)