Old Maresca on his way back (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Maresca's Agent: No Italy Move Afoot

In the past days, speculation has been rife that Sevilla midfielder Enzo Maresca could return to Italy, with Juventus expressing an interest in their former player.

Candido Fortunato, Maresca's agent, has categorically denied the possibility that his client could be on his way back to Italy in January or even next summer.

"In Italy, there were some interviews in which Enzo apparently said that he wants to return to Italy in January and wear the shirt of an Italian team," began Fortunato, speaking to Radio program 'Unico Grande Amore'.

"As far as I know, my client has never said these things."

Fortunato then went on to talk about the possibility of Maresca playing in the European Championships for the Azzurri.

"With regards to Euro 2008, Donadoni is taking him into consideration, but I think that it will be difficult for him to be in the list.

"With regards to the league, it is possible that he leaves Sevilla, but I believe that he will remain in La Liga, where the clubs have more financial power."

goal.com

Jul 5, 2005
Angry Enzo ponders future
Tuesday 25 March, 2008

Sevilla’s Italian midfielder Enzo Maresca could return to his homeland this summer after admitting his frustration at being benched.

Maresca’s career has taken an unconventional route since he graduated from Milan’s youth system.

Having failed to make the grade with the Rossoneri, the 28-year-old went to West Bromwich Albion to learn the ropes before joining Juventus in 2000.

After five years with the Old Lady mostly spent on loan to clubs including Bologna, Piacenza and Fiorentina, Maresca moved to Sevilla.

Although he has become a regular at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium in recent times, Maresca was dropped to the bench by Coach Manolo Jimenez for the last game against Atletico Madrid and was dismissed for a head-butt after entering in the second half.

I couldn’t understand why I didn’t start,” he told Spanish newspaper Marca.

“I hoped to play, but it was the Coach’s decision. When you play badly you can’t complain, but I thought I had played well, although obviously not well enough.

“It’s hard when you know you are better than someone but they are playing instead of you.”

The summer will be here soon. I still have a year on my contract, but it is time to decide whether to stay or go.

“I want to remain with this club, but if it stops me playing football then I will have to leave.”

A number of Italian sides are said to be keeping an eye on Maresca, including Napoli and Fiorentina.

channel4

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Enzo back to Juve
He is a good player which would add creativity but he lacks something
I believe we could get a better player even tough He is one of my favourite players

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
There is absolutely no way that he would return:

-Too old now, we will either sign a world class starter or bring in a promising youngster for back up

-Juve has never bought back a player we sold

-He needs a quaranted starter place and he wont have that in Juve

-He is angry with Juve and he has the right to do so, he has more options to consider...

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Would not mind him coming back .. although not awfully spectucular :gsol: , he is definately decent.

Plus he is the sort of Box-to-Box midfielder that CR likes.

He is not really that old though .. i reckon he is like 3 yrs Zanetti's junior

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Come on guys, 28 years is not that old. I'm 29 and still feel young, and hopefully, so will you if you're not there yet!
28 is very much young in a normal life sense as is 34, but in football it isnt the same at 35 you are considered old.

and thats not the point we need more quality players than maresca i mean he is fine back up but we need quality starters we already have back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)