Okay, I am getting fed-up now with those stupid, racist Lazio fans!!! (1 Viewer)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Dammit. It is fustrating. Lazio always have a section of fans who are racist. Nearly every game, if not all, they boo the black players and make monkey noises.

I am not black myself, but I think it is unacceptable and intorelable. This is madness. Something must be done, but what can be done?

I feel like going and kicking all their racist asses. I mean, it is one of the main reasons why Liverani never performs. Being booed by your own "fans" because of your skin colour!!! Come on!!

Here is what I read recently on lazioworld.net.

Big spenders Chelsea lost 2-0 to Lazio here at the Flaminio stadium in a friendly marred by the racial abuse aimed at the Premiership club's black players by large sections of the Italian crowd.

Chelsea's Dutch striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink suffered the worst treatment with nearly every one of his touches greeted by a chorus of monkey chants from the home supporters in a hostile first 45 minutes.

Many Lazio fans even taunted their only black player, Fabio Liverani, who understandably lacked confidence in possession and was withdrawn by coach Roberto Mancini for the second half.

Lazio have been in trouble before because of their fans' behaviour towards black players and the Rome-based club were heavily fined two seasons ago when supporters unfurled banners insulting Jewish fans of city rivals AS Roma.

Simone Inzaghi's 30th minute scissor-kick gave Lazio a deserved lead before Dejan Stankovic's downward header secured a comfortable win for the Serie A side at the stadium which usually hosts Italy's international rugby matches.

Lazio and Chelsea, who finished fourth in their respective leagues, have both qualified for the Champions League but must overcome a two-legged third round qualifying match to claim a place in the group stages.

Mancini was upset by the way the home fans turned on Liverani and booed Chelsea's black players.

"I'm very sorry, it's not pleasant," he said. "It spoilt what was otherwise an enjoyable evening."

Asked if there was a way of stopping the racists he replied: "There has to be. We have to keep trying."

Mancini said he was delighted with the condition of his players but refused to go overboard about the result.

"To beat a top team like Chelsea is always pleasing but let's not forget it was just a friendly," he said.

"We are all working towards getting into the Champions League and we have a lot of work to do in the next four weeks."

Playing under the watchful eye of new Russian billionaire owner Roman Abramovich, who bought the club two weeks ago and paid off its debts for an estimated total of 200 million euros (225 million dollars), Chelsea nearly conceded twice in the opening five minutes.

Only a last-ditch tackle by new signing Glen Johnson prevented Jaap Stam's goalbound effort from crossing the line before Serbian midfielder Sinisa Mihajlovic's looping free-kick hit the crossbar.

Apart from a half chance which was headed woefully wide by Mario Stanic, Chelsea rarely threatened and they were punished for their unadventurous approach on the half hour.

Lazio wing back Massimo Oddo found yards of space wide on the right after a Chelsea attack broke down and his waist-high cross was acrobatically diverted past Chelsea goalkeeper Carlo Cudici by Inzaghi.

The English visitors fell further behind six minutes after the break when Claudio Lopez's inswinging free-kick was met by Stankovic who headed powerfully wide of Cudicini at the back post.

Chelsea have been linked with a batch of star players since Abramovich took control, including Arsenal duo Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira, Manchester United's Juan Sebastian Veron and Inter Milan striker Christian Vieri.

The Russian has said he wants to build a Chelsea team capable of winning the Champions League in the next three years.

So far Chelsea have signed 18-year-old right-back Johnson from West Ham and Real Madrid's Cameroon midfielder Geremi, who spent last season on loan at Middlesbrough.

Chelsea have also agreed fees for Blackburn's Republic of Ireland winger Damien Duff and Southampton's England full-back Wayne Bridge who are currently discussing personal terms.

Buy on AliExpress.com

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
the worst part is that those tugs meet befor the game. There is approximately 3000 of them. Then they go to the curva Nord together, passing thorugh the gates and Never, ever buy a ticket. They just walk in as if they own the place. Several time Cragnotti tried to soothe them down without a success. His son thought that he can aply reason and compromise with them, without any succes (except that they gave up on really obvious racist banners. The yare still doing them, but you can not say that they are out-right racist. Same shit, nicely packed).

The core consist of 3-5 thousand hard core "fans" (cant find the better word, but the yare anything but fans of Lazio). Getting rid of them, without causing the riots is the issue.

OP
K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++
    the worst part is that those tugs meet befor the game. There is approximately 3000 of them. Then they go to the curva Nord together, passing thorugh the gates and Never, ever buy a ticket. They just walk in as if they own the place. Several time Cragnotti tried to soothe them down without a success. His son thought that he can aply reason and compromise with them, without any succes (except that they gave up on really obvious racist banners. The yare still doing them, but you can not say that they are out-right racist. Same shit, nicely packed).

The core consist of 3-5 thousand hard core "fans" (cant find the better word, but the yare anything but fans of Lazio). Getting rid of them, without causing the riots is the issue.
    So these guys don't even buy a ticket? What the hell? What is the security at the stadium doing?

Can't Lazio just ban them all from the stadiums? Yes it will cause a riot but fine them or arrest them all or something.

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    This issue is too big for security at the stadium.

The problem is that these kind of extremists exist with many Italian teams (both left & right wing extremists), Lazio just being one of them. (why Lazio is always in the media spot light in Italy is another story;) ). Police can not deal with Lazio "fans" only. The picture is much bigger.

So what they do they resort to fining clubs (Like FIFA & UEFA do) trying to make them take care of "their" fans behaviour. Tems have no power to actually deal with something that is way outside their reach, so they shut up and pay. The only one that benefit from the status quo are the extremists on the stands that care about the team or football as much as my Granma cares about basketball.

This is a cancer, but it reflect Italy's political situation. The decision to deal with this has to be taken on a much higher level.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    That's just horrible :( Doing it to strangers is bad enough, but to your own players! That's simply disgraceful! :down:

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    I hate those guys :fero:

I could never understand why guys like Liverani would ever consider joining Lazio, when those racist-pricks are around. And I never understood why the board has never done anything to stop it... obviously they have, but never got very far.

They make me sick... bloody racist arzeholes! :fero: They also ruin it for the real Lazio fans, they are also suffering.

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    Aca, I was always wondering how fining the club would actually make the racist fans go away.

It is no way the clubs fault, they don't deserve to be fined.

Hydde, maybe not throw the bomb at all the Laziale, only at the racist ones ;)

And Kaliman, if it weren't for our damn racist supporters I am pretty sure we would have Thuram before you.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

And Kaliman, if it weren't for our damn racist supporters I am pretty sure we would have Thuram before you.
    Yeah I know. I saw a program about the racist Lazio fans. They followed around some leader and also talked to some footballers including Lilian.

He said that some Lazio fans had just walked into Parma's training grounds demanding to talk to Thuram, cuz rumours were saying that he was going to Olimpico.

He also said something about, that Lazio would be the last team he plays for when they've got such "supporters".

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Lazio fans (the extreme ones, not all) had a banner of Arkan two years ago. For all of you that dont know, Arkan was war criminal leader of a paramilitary group called Arkan's tigers which was responsible for killings and war crimes against thousands of people in Croatia and Bosnia. Mihajlovic is also a world class bastard that supported criminals like Arkan.

I HATE LAZIO :fero:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++

Yeah I know. I saw a program about the racist Lazio fans. They followed around some leader and also talked to some footballers including Lilian.

He said that some Lazio fans had just walked into Parma's training grounds demanding to talk to Thuram, cuz rumours were saying that he was going to Olimpico.

He also said something about, that Lazio would be the last team he plays for when they've got such "supporters".
    I saw that too. It was called "Hooligans", right?

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by The_G_O_A_T ] ++
    Lazio fans (the extreme ones, not all) had a banner of Arkan two years ago. For all of you that dont know, Arkan was war criminal leader of a paramilitary group called Arkan's tigers which was responsible for killings and war crimes against thousands of people in Croatia and Bosnia. Mihajlovic is also a world class bastard that supported criminals like Arkan.

I HATE LAZIO :fero:
    You hate Lazio or it's fans?

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by The_G_O_A_T ] ++
    OK, I hate the fans, but the fans (and some of the players) have made me hate Lazio too.
    Alrighty then. What players and why may I ask?

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    Aca, I was always wondering how fining the club would actually make the racist fans go away.
    If you are a fan of a team, what hurts your team, hurts you. Thats the logic behind fining. But these PPL are anything but fans.

Throwing bombs at Curva is dealing with symptoms, not with the problem.

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    ++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++

If you are a fan of a team, what hurts your team, hurts you. Thats the logic behind fining. But these PPL are anything but fans.

Throwing bombs at Curva is dealing with symptoms, not with the problem.
    I am a fan and fining Lazio does hurt me but those other bit*hes who call themselves fans doesn't seem to get hurt.

You say if it hurts your team it hurts the fans? Doesn't seem so cause the fans are racist and that hurts the teams.

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002

I am a fan and fining Lazio does hurt me but those other bit*hes who call themselves fans doesn't seem to get hurt.

You say if it hurts your team it hurts the fans? Doesn't seem so cause the fans are racist and that hurts the teams.
    You are missing my point, i think....:confused:

If my behavciour hurts the team, i will do my best not to behave in that manner, because i dont want my team to suffer. These PPL dont care about the team, thats why fining makes no sense.

Racist fans do hurt the team, but there is a difference between genuine football fan and a thug at the Curva.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)