Official Valeri Bojinov Thread (4 Viewers)

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
1. he is clearly not valued by deschamps
2. why would we pay millions for a player that is not wanted by coach?
1. I agree with you, but I disagree with DD :tdown:
2. If we get the full ownership of him, even DD doesnt want him...we can sell him for a decent amount of money!
IMHO, we should keep him at least for one more year (but he should get a time to show what he is capable of !)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Its not that simple.

Del Piero is on fire. Palladino is playing well. And we know how stealthy Trezeguet can suddenly burst to life.

It would be hard to give Bojinov his much needed playing time without sacrificing Juventus' Serie B march.

Best case scenario is that once we opened up a big enough gap, DD will have the chance to let some young ones get some time.

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Bojinov: “Bisogna essere pronti”

Aspettava questo momento e ha sfruttato l’occasione al meglio. Valeri Bojinov ricorderà a lungo la trasferta di Modena. In campo al posto di Del Piero, tocco importante per il gol partita e tre punti riportati a Torino. “Quando entri in campo, devi farti trovare pronto – conferma a Juventus Channel -, bisogna far capire al tecnico che non ha ragione a farti stare fuori. Ad un attaccante si chiede questo. Sono contento per me e per i miei compagni. Dicevano che avevamo il mal di trasferta, oggi l’abbiamo smentito. Siamo contenti, è una vittoria fondamentale”.

From juventus.com

A translation of this interview would be excellent. :)

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
It says something like he waited for his supstitution for a long time and he has made the best out of it. [...] Then he states, that when you get on the pitch, as a striker, you have to prove that you are worth it and that DD is wrong when he's keeping you outside.

IMHO he played a decent match in modena. Even not considering that goal, for it was not really *his* goal. But: in this 20 minutes he played, he seemed ambitious, and that was exactly what i was missing in him.
I think we should keep him! He's a talented young striker, with a great perspective, believe me. And if Trez should go away, he would be a good backup. Even if he's a whole other character than trez and u cannot really compare them, yesterday, i liked bojinov's 20 minutes more than trez's 90. At least Boji showed up, made crosses, held the ball (or tried to :p )

Keep him Juve!! Otherwise, i fear, you'll regret it one day. in my opinion, he clearly is serie a capable, and also "juventus"-worth

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
Boji said after the game that he still a Fiorentina player and he dosen't Fear the competition between him and Toni , Mutu , Pazzini and Lupoli for a place in Fiorentina attack next year
Fiorentina, Bojinov si sente viola e non teme concorrenza

"Io sono ancora giocatore della Fiorentina: io non ho paura di nessuno, ne’ di Toni, ne’ di Mutu, Lupoli o Pazzini. Se la Fiorentina pensa di avere bisogno di me, io sono convinto di poter dare il mio contributo": parola di Valery Bojinov, intervistato ieri al termine della gara vinta dalla Juventus con una fortunosa autorete sul campo del Modena

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Bojinov: “Bisogna essere pronti”

A translation of this interview would be excellent. :)
Serie B Tim - 27 Feb 2007 - 11:18 AM

Bojinov: “You have to be ready”

He had waited for his chance and when it came, Valeri Bojinov made the most of it, coming on for Del Piero against Modena and playing a big hand in the winning goal. "When you come onto the pitch, you have to find yourself ready - he confirmed to Juventus Channel - you have to make the coach understand that he's wrong to leave you out of the side. That's what is required from a striker. I'm pleased, both for myself and for my team mates. They said we had troubles on the road, but today we showed that's not true. We're happy, it was a vital win".

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Bulgaria coach Hristo Stoichkov has recalled Valladolid striker Vladimir Manchev to his squad for their Euro 2008 qualifier against Albania on March 28, the Bulgarian Football Union said on Monday.

The 29-year-old Manchev, who has scored three goals in 19 internationals, was part of Bulgaria's squad at the Euro 2004 finals in Portugal.

Stoichkov, who named 12 foreign-based players to a squad he will top up with players from the domestic championship next week, is deprived of Atletico Madrid winger Martin Petrov, who is recovering a torn left knee ligament.

Bulgaria will also be without former captain Stilian Petrov after the Aston Villa midfielder announced his retirement from international football in October.

Bulgaria are second in Group G with eight points from four matches, two points behind leaders the Netherlands.

Squad (only overseas players):

Goalkeeper: Dimitar Ivankov (Kayserispor)

Midfielders: Radostin Kishishev (Leeds United), Marian Hristov (VfL Wolfsburg), Chavdar Yankov (Hanover 96), Georgi Peev (Amkar Perm), Blagoy Georgiev (Red Star Belgrade), Zdravko Lazarov (Erciyesspor), Zoran Yankovic (Dalian Shide)

Strikers: Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham Hotspur), Valeri Bozhinov (Juventus), Svetoslav Todorov (Portsmouth), Vladimir Manchev (Valladolid).

Reuters

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
So, Bojinov is still recalled to the Bulgarian national team, despite the fact that he doesn't play regularly with Juventus, or to be more accurate he just played few minutes in the last two monthes. I hope Monsieur Deschamps will consider Bojinov more in his future plans.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
So, Bojinov is still recalled to the Bulgarian national team, despite the fact that he doesn't play regularly with Juventus, or to be more accurate he just played few minutes in the last two monthes. I hope Monsieur Deschamps will consider Bojinov more in his future plans.
Well, it would probably be a good idea, considering what Bojinov did this evening. He was the lone scorer for the Bulgarian (Under 21) National Team in a 1-0 victory over Israel. This kid has sat on the bench waiting all season long, patiently I might add. He goes out and scores a goal for his U21 NT, which is not a bad feat considering he's presumably "out of form" (that's my guess considering Deschamps probably doesn't know he's on the squad list). If Deschamps doesn't give Bojinov a chance this weekend, and by a chance I don't mean 8 minutes at the end of the game, then he is un sac de la douche, straight up.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
:agree:
i still believe he can be a top class player if he is given the minutes on the pitch, i didnt get to see his U21 match but from what it sounds is that he impressed once again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)