Official: Tiago to Juve (30 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Juve scatenata: Tiago e Quagliarella!

08:40 del 21 giugno

QuagliarellaColpo della Juventus: preso Tiago. Oggi il centrocampista portoghese del Lione, che firmerà un contratto quadriennale, sarà a Torino per sottoporsi alle visite mediche insieme all'argentino Almiron.
L'Udinese batte alle buste la Sampdoria per Quagliarella. L'attaccante dovrebbe essere girato alla Juve.
(Corriere dello Sport)

Corriere says we have taken Tiago and he'll sign a four year contract.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Juve scatenata: Tiago e Quagliarella!

08:40 del 21 giugno

QuagliarellaColpo della Juventus: preso Tiago. Oggi il centrocampista portoghese del Lione, che firmerà un contratto quadriennale, sarà a Torino per sottoporsi alle visite mediche insieme all'argentino Almiron.
L'Udinese batte alle buste la Sampdoria per Quagliarella. L'attaccante dovrebbe essere girato alla Juve.
(Corriere dello Sport)

Corriere says we have taken Tiago and he'll sign a four year contract.
Hmmmm... don't get me wrong, I'm very fond of Tiago, but this "transfer revolution" can have a bad impact on the team. I especially don't see the need for Quagliarella at this point.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Tiago is a much better Vieira, he's a jack of all trades and a hard worker.
I wouldnt go that far,Vieira is still easily one of the best Midfielders in the world

very true
Tiago is a very underrated player (like Gattuso) while Vieira is easily overrated (my opinion).
Do you think there might be a chance you are biased here??In other words,was that your opinion of him last season??

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Hmmmm... don't get me wrong, I'm very fond of Tiago, but this "transfer revolution" can have a bad impact on the team. I especially don't see the need for Quagliarella at this point.
We don't need Quagliarella whatsoever. He's just another Miccoli at this point.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Juve Sign Tiago And Quagliarella - Report According to the 'Corriere dello Sport',
he Bianconeri have made two important transfers during the night to continue strengthening the team for next season.

Juve Sign Tiago And Quagliarella - Report

It seems that the transfer of Tiago from Lyon to Juventus has been sealed as the Portuguese midfielder is expected in Turin later on today for the medical tests, along with Sergio Almiron, before signing the contract which will tie him to the Old Lady for the next four years.

This was reported this morning by the daily sports newspaper 'Corriere dello Sport', which also stated that the Bianconeri will also obtain Fabio Quagliarella from Udinese, after the latter managed to beat Sampdoria's competition for the young Italian forward thanks to the envelopes.

The Friulani have in fact offered 7 million Euros, whereas Sampdoria offered 'only’ 6.3 million Euros.

If this report is confirmed, then the Bianconeri's forward line would be almost complete, with the only issue being the renewal of David Trezeguet's contract which should be solved within the next few weeks.

GD

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
f**k!!!! NO Quagliarella!!!! bring Huntelaar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I'd rather have the Barbarian monster myself, but how many of you are actually willing to sacrifice Trez for him?

Quag adds yet another different option to the ones we have on the field, another tactical option. I would be satisfied.

fender06

Sep 16, 2006
Yeah, I'd rather have the Barbarian monster myself, but how many of you are actually willing to sacrifice Trez for him?

Quag adds yet another different option to the ones we have on the field, another tactical option. I would be satisfied.
i don't mind sacrifice Trez for Hunter, Trez is 29 or 30 now, even he's a world-class striker, his skills will deteriorate soon.

For a long-term investment, Huntelaar is no doubt the best one should buy.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I am almost certain that we will use a 4-3-3 now. Quagliarella, Del Piero, Iaquinta and Marchionni are all very capable of playing on the wings.

Or, it means that Trez is on his way out.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Del Piero can't be a winger in a 4-3-3. Marchionni can and so can Quagliarella. I'd have my doubts about Iaquinta.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I don't think it'll be a fixed 4-3-3, it might be an offset 4-3-3, meaning Del Pie will play in a support striker position, or we don't use winger rather the spear formation with one targetman and two support strikers.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Del Piero can't be a winger in a 4-3-3.
I'll trust you on that, but then again, 4-3-3 is just a way to describe a formation. He won't necessarily be stuck on a wing, if you understand what I mean.

This is how he played with Parma in the final games of the season:

Castellini, Contini, Couto, Coly
Parravicini, Cigarini, Dessena
Rossi, Budan, Muslimovic

If Trezeguet leaves, it is possible that Iaquinta is brought in as a target man (Budan). He might not score 20+ goals, but I do think he makes a better target man than David. And Rossi does remind me of Del Piero. He's hardly a winger but has still been very succesful in his position.

As Vonam said, rather than having two pure wingers, it's more of a christmas tree formation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)