Official: Tiago to Juve (23 Viewers)

Jul 23, 2006
Tiago isn't a Pirlo; more like a box to box midfielder that can do it all basically.
Tiago will do fine next season if Matrix (if Inter remain in Serie A) doesn't injure him:p

Btw Andy, is Tiago good as a creative midfielder (if he was to be used as a creative midfielder)?? Who from the current Juventus squad can actually partner him? (cause I want to know what type of midfielder he actually is)

On a side note, Mourinho likes Tiago a lot cause Tiago is a "machine". Is Tiago VERY consistent?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Tiago will do fine next season if Matrix (if Inter remain in Serie A) doesn't injure him:p

Btw Andy, is Tiago good as a creative midfielder (if he was to be used as a creative midfielder)?? Who from the current Juventus squad can actually partner him? (cause I want to know what type of midfielder he actually is)

On a side note, Mourinho likes Tiago a lot cause Tiago is a "machine". Is Tiago VERY consistent?
its hard to base a player on consistency for sum1 who plays for the best team in the french league and only a handful for chelsea.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Tiago is a genuine CM who is a very good all round midfielder. Personally I would play him with a Zanetti or a Tacchinardi type of player who will stay back and allow Tiago as much freedom to play and dictate tempo as possible.

Jul 23, 2006
Tiago is a genuine CM who is a very good all round midfielder. Personally I would play him with a Zanetti or a Tacchinardi type of player who will stay back and allow Tiago as much freedom to play and dictate tempo as possible.
Could Tiago play as a DMC if Juventus were forced to defend?

Isn't it better to play with a 3 man midfield (a DMC Behind them) if Tiago is signed??

DMC
Camo Tiago Nedved

Del Piero
Trez

I'm interested to see what Ranieri will do with a good squad esp after screwing up with Valencia back in 04/05.

i dare not watch portugal, bunch of divers. benfica same with lyon cant rate his consistency on playing mickey mouse teams each week
Benfica never win anything in Portugal (1 League title in the last like 10 years {if not more}), so you can't really say the league is easy for them.

How does he perform in the CL games with Lyon?
PS: Portugal players never dive:p

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Tiago is more creative than any central midfielder we have now and the likes of Vieira and perhaps even Gerrard as they have more drive than creativity. He certainly doesn't have as much creativity as a Riquelme or Rosicky, and I'm not sure if he's had any experiance playing in the hole behind the strikers, if that's what you're asking.

Tiago is the sort of player who literally is a jack of all trades. He can tackle, mark players, score goals, make sublime short and long passes, all the while having good technique and positional sense. He sort of reminds me of Deschamps in some facets of his game, however Tiago certainly has a better eye for goal. He does the little things right in midfield and makes passes with a high success rate.

I think we could either play him next to Almiron or Zanetti and there would be positives and negatives of both. Tiago is just great as I think you could place him next to almost anybody and he will perform any task that's needed. Except, of course, running like a chicken with his head cut off. Like Gattuso.

I think he's consistent at making good passes and not making mistakes. Another thing I like about him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He could, but like I said earlier he's not one to make ferocious tackles a la Gattuso. Tiago is a smart player and instead looks for mistakes instead of just diving into a tackle. He has good positional sense so he could play in front of the defense, but I would rather use Zanetti or Nocerino just to be safe... and hence allow Tiago to use his shooting skills and through balls around the box.

Here's what I think could be possible (and successful) in midfield.

1) Tiago - Zanetti - Almiron

2) Camoranesi - Tiago - Zanetti - Nedved

3) Camoranesi - Tiago - Almiron - Salihamidzic

4) Zanetti

Tiago - Almiron

Nedved

Or anything equivilent.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Not bad.
How about:
Zanetti - Tiago - Almiron
Diego
Grygera and Chiellini could be used as Wing backs with this mid.
I don't understand the point of that.

Tiago would be more restricted to move forward when it's really Zanetti who you'd want to be the stay-at-home midfielder. You're wasting Tiago.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Not bad.
How about:
Zanetti - Tiago - Almiron
Diego
Grygera and Chiellini could be used as Wing backs with this mid.
Not a fan of Zanetti out wide on the right, I prefer having him in the center to win the most balls possible.

I havent seen much of Almiron. is he really that good?
He's good, not a superstar. Great long shot, nice pass...sometimes invisible in the game.

Jul 23, 2006
I don't understand the point of that.

Tiago would be more restricted to move forward when it's really Zanetti who you'd want to be the stay-at-home midfielder. You're wasting Tiago.
Zanetti and Almiron would return when needed (unless I'm wrong about Almiron. Can he tackle?)

Tiago will cover up any lost ball from the center of the park and will go forward with Diego when needed. Del Piero will back em up and Trez slots it home. Simple and effective, 1-0 Game over:D.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Zanetti and Almiron would return when needed (unless I'm wrong about Almiron. Can he tackle?)

Tiago will cover up any lost ball from the center of the park and will go forward with Diego when needed. Del Piero will back em up and Trez slots it home. Simple and effective, 1-0 Game over:D.
You must not have seen Almiron very much either. He's the sort of player to pick up the ball from the back and distribute it around the park. Almiron doesn't really tackle that well and he's more of just a deep-lying playmaker.

That's why it makes no sense to have Tiago play that role next to him. You want somebody such as Zanetti or another ball-winner there and use Tiago where we can roam further up the pitch... which is on the right... his usual position.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

Isn't it better to play with a 3 man midfield (a DMC Behind them) if Tiago is signed??

DMC
Camo Tiago Nedved

Del Piero
Trez

I'm interested to see what Ranieri will do with a good squad esp after screwing up with Valencia back in 04/05.

Benfica never win anything in Portugal (1 League title in the last like 10 years {if not more}), so you can't really say the league is easy for them.

How does he perform in the CL games with Lyon?
PS: Portugal players never dive:p
benfica are still at least the 2nd best team in portugal.

tbh i hardly followed the cl this year due to work at uni on a tuesday and wednesday evening, not that i had much interest in the teams involved until david navarro turned up :D
i hope u were being sarcastic abt how portugese players dont dive. god they were the worst in the wc, if they scored as much as they did dive, they wud dominate world football

Jul 23, 2006
You must not have seen Almiron very much either. He's the sort of player to pick up the ball from the back and distribute it around the park. Almiron doesn't really tackle that well and he's more of just a deep-lying playmaker.

That's why it makes no sense to have Tiago play that role next to him. You want somebody such as Zanetti or another ball-winner there and use Tiago where we can roam further up the pitch... which is on the right... his usual position.
ooo
You can't blame me for not seeing Almiron, no one watched Empoli:D .

Why not field a 4-5-1 based team?
Zanetti
Tiago Almiron emm
Del Piero

I don't think Diego is needed IF a 4-5-1 formation will be used.

Unless ofc a different version of the beloved 4-5-1 should be used.
Zanetti
Tiago Almiron
Diego Del Piero
But here the essential problem would be the fact that there will be huge spaces in the middle of a team and teams like Milan (Pirlo) could eat Juve alive. Plus, Del Piero is not very fast, his speed will be disregarded is Juve could somehow sign a player similar to Toni (headers 10/10)

Andy, u got any formation in mind??

I think the defence is somewhat secure (if Milito is signed), Juve just need 2 CB's (Milito + anyone else {Pique maybe??}). 1 CB to be the leader and another to avoid injury troubles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)