Official: Tiago to Juve (3 Viewers)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I know one thing, Tiago was shite at Chelsea. But then again, good at Lyon. I'm confused.

Tiago was only shit @ Chelsea cos they always only gave him 20min every game. But when they won the league he played consistantly and was a very good player. Then got sold to Lyon. They didnt wanna sell him but Chelsea were desperate for Essien and Lyon asked Tiago would be part of the deal. This saga went on for nearly the whole transfer market.

Sep 19, 2006
Tiago was only shit @ Chelsea cos they always only gave him 20min every game. But when they won the league he played consistantly and was a very good player. Then got sold to Lyon. They didnt wanna sell him but Chelsea were desperate for Essien and Lyon asked Tiago would be part of the deal. This saga went on for nearly the whole transfer market.
thats true Morhinho wanted Tiago to stay but Lyon president told them that there is no Esiien deal without Tiago goin the other way so he sacraficed him for Essien which was a smart move givin that Essien is the Dmidfielder in the world!

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
imo we need a destroyer like Davids
Exactly. A top destroyer is required, as Cristiano Zanetti is injury prone.

Tiago can take this role & at the same time he is capable of starting the play! I too think we need a player like gattuso & davids & emerson but all the good ones are not available perhaps sisoko is the only option!
Do you mean that Tiago can play as a lone defensive midfielder?

Sep 19, 2006
Exactly. A top destroyer is required, as Cristiano Zanetti is injury prone.

Do you mean that Tiago can play as a lone defensive midfielder?
I think with Almiron,they can do it!!! He was a lone defensive midfielder in Portugal in the Wc & he did a hell of a job!!They can rotate this role during the match!!! I think having 2 player in the middle who can control the ball very good will be great.It will be smthing new for Juve!

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Tiago is neither here nor there...he is kinda like Pirlo...good passing range but limited defensive ability...so he is neither AMF or DMF...to have a system like that u must have another player like Tiago in the middle...some1 like Sneijder

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I think with Almiron,they can do it!!! He was a lone defensive midfielder in Portugal in the Wc & he did a hell of a job!!They can rotate this role during the match!!! I think having 2 player in the middle who can control the ball very good will be great.It will be smthing new for Juve!
In my opinion, if we play 4-4-2 with Almiron to partner Tiago in the centre midfield, it will be a flop not just in Juventus but in any team. Having two player who have a good ball control is amazing, but you simply ignored their defensive roles. For Tiago to share in the defending the midfield is a thing and him to play as a lone destroyer is another different thing. Would you please tell me about one of the top eight teams of Serie A that doesn't have a pure destroyer?

Tiago is neither here nor there...he is kinda like Pirlo...good passing range but limited defensive ability...so he is neither AMF or DMF...to have a system like that u must have another player like Tiago in the middle...some1 like Sneijder
Agreed. :tup:

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
If you are looking for a destroyer just look at Piacenza,maybe U find someone very promising and Gattuso-like there;).
:agree:

The signing of Tiago and Almirion would be nice, even I'm not a big fan of Tiago and didn't watch Almirion that much. However theese two are gonna give us at least squad depth, but I also agree we need one strong DM and maybe we could sign VDV as a replacement for Neddy, but the problem is VDV is injury prone and he will want to be first team regular. And also one thing that saddens me is if we gonna sign theese two and maybe another midfielder that would mean no chance for Marichiso (not to mention Gio) and he deserved, even Gigi says he was relevation of season and he is a big talent.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
he wasnt their destroyer in the world cup...petit was!!he plays for benfica and hes their destroyer too...
we need a davids,gattuso,essien type of player to anchor our midfield and help fortify our defence..and tiago does not fit that category at all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)