Official: Tiago to Juve (2 Viewers)

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Tiago is nearer and nearer could be a juventus player this week all the big italian newspapers write about it today,

Hope its true then....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I know one thing, Tiago was shite at Chelsea. But then again, good at Lyon. I'm confused.
Tiago wasn't shite at Chelsea. I don't know why people keep saying he was shite... even Chelsea fans said he played well despite it being his first season in England. It's like people didnt watch Tiago at all when he was there and just listened to rumors and the fact that he didn't always start and ended up leaving to judge him.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
No actually, it is my sincere opinion Tiago was not good enough at Chelsea. I watched like 60% of Chelsea games the last 3 seasons (blame it on Canal+) and he was just too slow.
He made me change my mind completely now though, I liked his World Cup a lot and also his performances in CL for Lyon. As for the French league I haven't been able to catch many games.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
I know one thing, Tiago was shite at Chelsea. But then again, good at Lyon. I'm confused.
Perhaps I can help to banish your confusion.

The answer to your problem is Chelsea FC. Even though they have won 2 league titles in the last 3 years and finished runners-up in the 3rd, you really have to be a student as to why certain players, Ballack, Shevchenko, Tiago, Wright-Phillips (and plenty of others) fail to shine at the club.

In a nutshell, the players previously had, at their previous club, a distinct role mapped out for them by the coaching staff as part of overall team strategy.

For example Shevchenko had superb rapport with his midfield, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka and so on. His movement was natural because the Milan tactics were second nature to him.

Compare that to the uncohesiveness at Chelsea where Shevchenko was given third rate service from the likes of Lampard and Mikel.

The same applies to Ballack who had a more clearly defined role in Munich. He has confessed to not understanding the Chelsea style of play and probably deeply regrets his move to the London club.

Tiago leaves Chelsea, miserable because the tactics are second rate, and, arriving at Lyon whose play is similar to the best on the continent. A style he can appreciate.

Remember, Chelsea won their titles in spite of their dreary style, not because they were fluid in midfield and attack. They had a superb defence and relied too much on Robben and, of course, Drogba.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Perhaps I can help to banish your confusion.

The answer to your problem is Chelsea FC. Even though they have won 2 league titles in the last 3 years and finished runners-up in the 3rd, you really have to be a student as to why certain players, Ballack, Shevchenko, Tiago, Wright-Phillips (and plenty of others) fail to shine at the club.

In a nutshell, the players previously had, at their previous club, a distinct role mapped out for them by the coaching staff as part of overall team strategy.

For example Shevchenko had superb rapport with his midfield, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka and so on. His movement was natural because the Milan tactics were second nature to him.

Compare that to the uncohesiveness at Chelsea where Shevchenko was given third rate service from the likes of Lampard and Mikel.

The same applies to Ballack who had a more clearly defined role in Munich. He has confessed to not understanding the Chelsea style of play and probably deeply regrets his move to the London club.

Tiago leaves Chelsea, miserable because the tactics are second rate, and, arriving at Lyon whose play is similar to the best on the continent. A style he can appreciate.

Remember, Chelsea won their titles in spite of their dreary style, not because they were fluid in midfield and attack. They had a superb defence and relied too much on Robben and, of course, Drogba.
Excellent post mate,summed up the whole situation.Although i wouldnt associate Tiago with Ballack,Sheva and co.He might have not played to his full strengths but he had a rather good season with them overall IMO.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Great News guys,

A spokeman for Lyon or something said today that Tiago is very close to become a Juve player :pint:. his name was Blanc something ..

More to come ....

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Great News guys,

A spokeman for Lyon or something said today that Tiago is very close to become a Juve player :pint:. his name was Blanc something ..

More to come ....
Not Juve's Blanc I take it?:D

Tiago would be a very good signing, I'm just a bit concerned we will pay too much for him.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Bah. I see enough Tiago in the Portugal NT as well. Not a bad player, but Lyon is a great fit for him. I don't see him recreating that level of success elsewhere. A bad move for him and for the team he goes to, IMO.

fender06

Sep 16, 2006
Tiago to join Juve, say Lyon
Wednesday 20 June, 2007
French champions Lyon have revealed that Juventus are very close to signing midfield ace Tiago.

The Bianconeri have been paired with the Portuguese star over the past few weeks after the player himself admitted that his time with the Ligue 1 outfit was over.

“We cannot say that a deal has been finalised, but that is only because there are a few details that still need to be clarified,” said Lyon official Marino Faccioli.

“However, we can semi-officially say that Tiago will join Juventus.”

Bianconeri director general Jean-Claude Blanc has also confirmed that negotiations are underway to bring the 26-year-old to the Stadio Olimpico.

“We are working on this operation and Tiago is moving closer to Juventus,” he declared.

The international turned down the offer of a contract extension at Christmas and is valued at £12m by chief Jean-Michel Aulas.

Tiago, a reported target for Milan as well, joined Lyon in 2005 after appearing for Sporting Braga, Benfica and Chelsea.

The midfielder contributed to his club’s record sixth straight League title last term and played an important role in the Portugal side that reached the semi-finals of last summer’s World Cup.

Juventus are also on the verge of signing Empoli star Sergio Almiron, whose capture is expected to be announced shortly.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun20e.html

Mar 28, 2007
Tiago to join Juve, say Lyon Wednesday 20 June, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

French champions Lyon have revealed that Juventus are very close to signing midfield ace Tiago.

The Bianconeri have been paired with the Portuguese star over the past few weeks after the player himself admitted that his time with the Ligue 1 outfit was over.

“We cannot say that a deal has been finalised, but that is only because there are a few details that still need to be clarified,” said Lyon official Marino Faccioli.

“However, we can semi-officially say that Tiago will join Juventus.”

Bianconeri director general Jean-Claude Blanc has also confirmed that negotiations are underway to bring the 26-year-old to the Stadio Olimpico.

“We are working on this operation and Tiago is moving closer to Juventus,” he declared.

The international turned down the offer of a contract extension at Christmas and is valued at £12m by chief Jean-Michel Aulas.

Tiago, a reported target for Milan as well, joined Lyon in 2005 after appearing for Sporting Braga, Benfica and Chelsea.

The midfielder contributed to his club’s record sixth straight League title last term and played an important role in the Portugal side that reached the semi-finals of last summer’s World Cup.

Juventus are also on the verge of signing Empoli star Sergio Almiron, whose capture is expected to be announced shortly.

football_italia

great news.. juve transfer iscoming thick and fast,,

Sep 19, 2006
now I could start sayin we can compete next year!! with the likes of Gigi,Grygera,milito,chiellini,tiago,almiron,neddy,salihami,alex,trzy & iaquinta!! we just need to snatch milito & another good defender & keep camo & trezy & we will have a good startin 11!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)