Official: Tiago to Juve (15 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
incomplex let me ask you a question. It a very simple question. Would you rather have Buffon as a goalkeeper or Lehman? if you said Buffon then you have just answered your own question.

Very simple.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
i thought we should've went for Bodmer as he would've been cheaper, but anyway i wouldn't mind tiago as well
We should have went for Bodmer as he's a good player and as you said would come for cheap. Lyon is just running a monopoly in France and I wouldn't be surprised if they keep winning Ligue 1 for years to come. Hopefully not though.

incomplex

Mar 2, 2004
incomplex let me ask you a question. It a very simple question. Would you rather have Buffon as a goalkeeper or Lehman? if you said Buffon then you have just answered your own question.

Very simple.
cos u were implying that Tiago is a 1st hand prize and Almiron as a second hand prize. Thats why i'm questioning your statement before. :pint:
And yes. Of coz i'm gonna pick Buffon over any one in the world.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
15 June 2007, by Sean Gillen

Sought-after midfielder admits fascination for Turin club

Tiago has confirmed that Juventus would be his preferred destination this summer, as Italian media reports claim the Bianconeri are set to beat a host of clubs to the Portuguese midfielder’s signature.

Currently at French champions Lyon, Tiago recently admitted that he feels ready for a fresh challenge in a new league, having spent two years in France following his 2005 move from Chelsea.

Serie A heavyweights Milan and Juventus are reportedly joined by Spanish champions Barcelona as the clubs leading the chase for the 26-year-old, but Tiago has confessed that the offer from Turin is the most tempting.

“The proposal from Juventus appeals to me more than those of Barcelona and Milan,” he said. “Juventus’ offer is very interesting for me. I am fascinated by the ‘Old Lady’.”

Meanwhile, Italian paper La Nazione says that Fiorentina have held advanced negotiations with Lyon, while club director Pantaleo Corvino has also met with Tiago’s agents to discuss personal terms.

The French side are thought to be demanding in the region of 14m Euros for the Portuguese international.

-Portugoal.net

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
but what if we get the price wrong and end up with the second hand prize: Almiron?
Almiron is a good player and a better passer than Tiago. We haven't had a player who can hit long balls with such precision since Zidane, so Almiron is welcome by me. Perhaps some of you haven't seen much of him which is fine, but if we can secure Almiron for a good price he's certainly welcomed by me. He's more than twice the player of Giannichedda and Zanetti FFS.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
I see the cover of CORRIERE DELLO SPORT has the following players as Bianconeri for next season.

Buffon
Grygera
Milito
Barzagli
Molinaro
Almiron
Tiago
Iaquinta
Del Piero
Nedved
Huntelaar

No Chiellini in starting XI

In a sub-box header is "Barzagli e bianconero, Miccoli al Palermo"

You have to assume that Juventus will need BOTH Almiron and Tiago to mount a successful campaign in Serie A. With Camoranesi and Trezeguet going (the latter possibly to Arsenal or Valencia), we may end up with Gilberto Silva as well in scambio.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I see the cover of CORRIERE DELLO SPORT has the following players as Bianconeri for next season.

Buffon
Grygera
Milito
Barzagli
Molinaro
Almiron
Tiago
Iaquinta
Del Piero
Nedved
Huntelaar

No Chiellini in starting XI

In a sub-box header is "Barzagli e bianconero, Miccoli al Palermo"

You have to assume that Juventus will need BOTH Almiron and Tiago to mount a successful campaign in Serie A. With Camoranesi and Trezeguet going (the latter possibly to Arsenal or Valencia), we may end up with Gilberto Silva as well in scambio.

The Corriere Dello Sport is just as reliable as Tuttosport. Gazzetta comes out with these prognostications every other week and we know how much truth they have behind them from what we've seen. We could end up with only six of those players in that list in all honesty.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Almiron is a good player and a better passer than Tiago. We haven't had a player who can hit long balls with such precision since Zidane, so Almiron is welcome by me. Perhaps some of you haven't seen much of him which is fine, but if we can secure Almiron for a good price he's certainly welcomed by me. He's more than twice the player of Giannichedda and Zanetti FFS.
Tiago has an advantage over Almiron in his penetration and his international experience imo.
But i wouldn't mind Almiron as well, but i dont think you could compare him to zanetti and Gianni as they are two different type of players.
We should have went for Bodmer as he's a good player and as you said would come for cheap. Lyon is just running a monopoly in France and I wouldn't be surprised if they keep winning Ligue 1 for years to come. Hopefully not though.
Yeah i thought we should've went for him as well, and if we acted faster than Lyon we may have had a better chance.

Weren't Lille of one the contenders for Lyon last season? and now they took two of their best players if am not mistaken (Bodmer and Keita)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The Corriere Dello Sport is just as reliable as Tuttosport. Gazzetta comes out with these prognostications every other week and we know how much truth they have behind them from what we've seen. We could end up with only six of those players in that list in all honesty.
Yet you base your "arguments" on what you read from them :lol2:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yet you base your "arguments" on what you read from them :lol2:
No. I base my arguments on direct quotes from the people in the question. Transfer talk is far more ambiguous than direct quotes, and even some of them can be found on the club's website. It's quite different from just blindly supporting the people in charge and acting like everything is alright like an overzealous child.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Tiago has an advantage over Almiron in his penetration and his international experience imo.
But i wouldn't mind Almiron as well, but i dont think you could compare him to zanetti and Gianni as they are two different type of players.
They are different players but the class of Almiron is above those two players. They don't do the same job but Sergio is the better player when things come down to it.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
No. I base my arguments on direct quotes from the people in the question. Transfer talk is far more ambiguous than direct quotes, and even some of them can be found on the club's website. It's quite different from just blindly supporting the people in charge and acting like everything is alright like an overzealous child.
Exactly, and it is even better to be indifferent and just wait for official announcements ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Exactly, and it is even better to be indifferent and just wait for official announcements ;)
We've already had official announcements... what, you think there will be even more official announcements regarding Deschamps and Tardelli in the future? We have already seen the "official" announcements and also the comments by the people in question, and if you want to believe people who were haphazardly chosen instead of Juventus legends then, well, I guess that goes to show your trust in Juventus legends.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We've already had official announcements... what, you think there will be even more official announcements regarding Deschamps and Tardelli in the future? We have already seen the "official" announcements and also the comments by the people in question, and if you want to believe people who were haphazardly chosen instead of Juventus legends then, well, I guess that goes to show your trust in Juventus legends.
Trezeguet said he was treated badly by the management, I am yet to know how was he treated badly. Camoranesi's agent said that the club offered them an extension and a raise but it was not enough.

Concerning Deschamps, I have already said that the situation was one of the ugliest I've seen since our relegation. But still I don't know what actually led to his resignation. The fact that we are with our third manager withing a window of one year is what annoys me most though.

As for Tardelli :mute:

At the same time, I am not taking any side and I am not pointing fingers, unlike the majority around these parts. Hej då!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Camo and Treze asked for a 500 k pay raise and our managers denied that...
two world class players, two players that formed the backbone of our team for more than 5years, two players that stayed with us for one reason or the other even in serie b.
IMO we do owe them a favor and it is politically correct to show to the world that Juve has values. It is very important now, at these days to make the right impression, with such names in our squad we can attract much easier other big names that would guarantee succes. If we treat them like that, some players will not trust their future in our club.
As DP said, we must not lose both of them right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)