*OFFICIAL* The President Barack Obama Thead (5 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Perhaps. I mean, we're about talking the downfall of an empire here. Thanks to some greedy motherfuckers who should be charged with treason.
I think we just have to rebuild. Concentrate on rebuilding infrastructure. This country has loads of potential. We need to remove our focus from Corporate American and Wall Street and begin building productivity in Main Street. The important thing is making sure people have jobs. A job, especially in a time of dire straits, is much more than a money maker for families. It's a source of pride and gives you a feeling like you're doing much more than collect a government check for fake money. It's like building a fire when your lost in the woods, it gives you confidence and a sense that things will be alright.

I understand how economics can predict the fall of an empire and all that. And I do understand the economics behind it. What I don't get is how people can be so damn complacent and accepting about the situation. As if mass poverty and a future of ruin is acceptable standard to look forward to. It's not, especially for Americans.

As far as Obama goes. The guy can do no wrong in my book. This situation is so bad, that he may not be able to get us out of the hole. It isn't his fault that people thought the man who almost bankrupted the Texas Rangers could run an economy. The blame lies squarely on the shoulders of GW Bush and Walter Reagen. Anyone who say different can meet me in the square with a rapier at dawn. :stuckup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think we just have to rebuild. Concentrate on rebuilding infrastructure. This country has loads of potential. We need to remove our focus from Corporate American and Wall Street and begin building productivity in Main Street. The important thing is making sure people have jobs. A job, especially in a time of dire straits, is much more than a money maker for families. It's a source of pride and gives you a feeling like you're doing much more than collect a government check for fake money. It's like building a fire when your lost in the woods, it gives you confidence and a sense that things will be alright.

I understand how economics can predict the fall of an empire and all that. And I do understand the economics behind it. What I don't get is how people can be so damn complacent and accepting about the situation. As if mass poverty and a future of ruin is acceptable standard to look forward to. It's not, especially for Americans.
But being complacent about the situation is what needs to be done. It's just the way the economy works. We can't have the government coming in tossing around money to various firms propping them up, allowing them to conduct their business as usual that got us into this mess. In fact, government coming into rescue some businesses is far worse than doing nothing, because that means the better firms are hindered from growing themselves, thus hindering even more job growth. I mean, this is insanity to give the robbers all this money so the same people can screw up everything even more. What we need is more savings and less government to allow the markets to work properly, stimulating investment from other entrepreneurs. That's the real stimulus the economy needs.

As painful as it may be, we just have to allow the economy to run its course. Unfortunately though, during the last 12 or so years, every negative impact has been delayed to this point, by the work of the Federal Reserve and the government. The answer is less Federal Reserve and government, not the other way around.

It's like an alcoholic fighting off his addiction with more alcohol.

As far as Obama goes. The guy can do no wrong in my book. This situation is so bad, that he may not be able to get us out of the hole. It isn't his fault that people thought the man who almost bankrupted the Texas Rangers could run an economy. The blame lies squarely on the shoulders of GW Bush and Walter Reagen. Anyone who say different can meet me in the square with a rapier at dawn. :stuckup:
Obama can do no wrong? That's pretty scary, Enron. You're starting to sound like the Bush voters.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
a democratic congress thats been in charge the past 4 years couldnt possibly be at all to blame either....:rolleyes:
They are also absolutely to blame.

But you shouldn't be talking about them after you voted for Bush, the administration that signifies the possible death of this country.

Seriously, open your eyes to all this nonsense, and throw away your political affiliations.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I always thought it was fitting that Reagan died from something he refused to fund to counteract.

Dubya is just a hero for all idiots. You have to love his demeanor.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
we elected someone who we know zilch about, and with little experience

he better do some studying about the second amendment, and its nice to know he's already signed a bill that lessens restrictions on abortions :tdown:

Reagan was the best president we've had in a long while....I wonder what Barack is gonna do as the Soviet Union becomes more powerful, and begins to assert itself again. Oh, I know what he will do, he'll just cut the military funding, as he's already planned to do

and lets remember one thing, we were only attacked once on W's watch (with most of the planning done on Billy-boys timex), but how many times were we, or our interests attacked on Billy-boys ??

dont think for a second that the terrorists dont see a weak individual in Barack, and plan on testing him

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
If terrorist attacks are the measure of a president's worth, we're f*cked. Actually, we already are from the last guy in office.

Reagan told us we could live fat and spend, spend, spend -- conservation be damned. And he nearly tripled the national debt in the process. He never even tried to balance the national budget and fattened the federal dole.

We got to spend the money of future generations, so I hope the party was worth it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

he better do some studying about the second amendment, and its nice to know he's already signed a bill that lessens restrictions on abortions :tdown:

Reagan was the best president we've had in a long while....I wonder what Barack is gonna do as the Soviet Union becomes more powerful, and begins to assert itself again. Oh, I know what he will do, he'll just cut the military funding, as he's already planned to do

and lets remember one thing, we were only attacked once on W's watch (with most of the planning done on Billy-boys timex), but how many times were we, or our interests attacked on Billy-boys ??

dont think for a second that the terrorists dont see a weak individual in Barack, and plan on testing him
:howler:

Apr 12, 2004

I read your post until this....

Grow up.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Reagan implemented outsourcing... ie Reagan is responsible for India's success and the US failure. So maybe Reagan was a good president after all... for Indians.

Oh and about his tax cuts... he made one in his entire term. But he cut taxes so much he had to raise taxes three times.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Yeah, but you were also only attacked once in history. So he's got a pretty bad record I'd say.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
If terrorist attacks are the measure of a president's worth, we're f*cked. Actually, we already are from the last guy in office.

Reagan told us we could live fat and spend, spend, spend -- conservation be damned. And he nearly tripled the national debt in the process. He never even tried to balance the national budget and fattened the federal dole.

We got to spend the money of future generations, so I hope the party was worth it.
I guess you forgot about Reaganomics

Vinni, unfortunately, you have no idea what's going on. NO IDEA.
werent you supposed to go blow yourself up in Gaza ??

ßüякε;1892669 said:
I read your post until this....

Grow up.
seriously Burkie, who should be telling who to grow up ??

Yeah, but you were also only attacked once in history. So he's got a pretty bad record I'd say.
WTC 1993, or doesnt that count ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)