*OFFICIAL* The President Barack Obama Thead (1 Viewer)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I'm completelly not into politics, but I'm really glad Obama won. He has incredible charisma and is actually gonna live through his mandate, unlike that other fossil.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I'm completelly not into politics, but I'm really glad Obama won. He has incredible charisma and is actually gonna live through his mandate, unlike that other fossil.
True hopefully things can bloody stabalise so that i can start making money again!

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
i am happy that the republican nightmare of control of the white house finally ended. i wonder what bush and cheeny do now , i think they will be looking for a job or they have enough money from the oil they stole from iraq ??

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This rates as one of the top days of my life without a doubt. Glad to vote for The candidate whom I think is the best suited for the country and the world.

I hope a new era is upon us.
It ranks as one of the top days of my life and I'm not even American. Even if it were just about race, today is an historic day. Because you can say all you want about it, but actions like these are far more important. Not just a black president (Obama's half white to begin with), but a president who's not white. Obama's election is a huge victory in the fight against racism IMO.

But that's not even the most important thing. Obama will change the discourse surrounding the White House, he will be honest to some extent at least. Because that's what has been wrong with American politics for decades: people lie and get away with it. A lot of that has got to do with republicans creating idiots. I honestly believe that there is only one reason why a lot of foreigners who go to the States complain about the general level of intelligence: the American public is being kept dumb for political gains. But today we saw that Americans have had enough. Today we saw America rise once again.

A big day for America and a big day for all the world. Obama's words were spot on: "I have never been more hopeful than tonight, that we will get there".

I want to reach a day where the world doesn't wait for the president of ONE country to do a change.
The USA is by far the most important democratic country in the world. If Europe was one and had a president, it would be just as important. Given the fact that the USA is just about everywhere in the world, this is big, Jack. And whining about it is childish. I mean no offense though, I know what you intend to say.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What's incredible is that the image of the USA has instantly changed all over the planet. I mean, even I admire the USA right now, I actually want to live there for a while. I never hated Americans, but I did hate the American government and so did many Europeans. Even the Belgian media were barely objective during these elections. Obama's victory means that you can go to Italy or Belgium as an American and proudly say you're an American without having to answer for president Bush and a morally bankrupt republican party.

I will continue to look down on fat American tourists in Firenze though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)