Official signing: Mauro Camoranesi (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartacus

Jul 13, 2002
Names don't mean a thing. Camoranesi is a great player. He is also very duttile he plays as a wing and can also play as a second foward. He had an excellent season with Verona and against us he played really good. Just because you don't know the player doesn't mean he sucks. Juventus is doing very well in the market imo. They are buying young prospective players and we reinforcing our bench.

I like Juve's policy so far.

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Juve need to buy a big star to satisfy us fans at least, all these small players we keep buying and then find out in big matches when some players are either injured or underperforming, we look at the bench and see Fresi, camonaresi, baicco and the like, just like last season. How many years do we think that Inter and Roma will hand us the title and at this rate we ought to forget the cl

Spartacus

Jul 13, 2002
Fresi had a great season with Bologna and as a defender he scored 8 goals last season. Baiocco he is all lungs and determination and he also made a great season at Perugia...and so the other players that we aquired.Not to mention the young prospective like Moretti,Brighi ect.

Star players don't mean titles. We had the answer this season. When everybody thought that without Zidane we couldn't have win anything. Is true that Inter lost the scudetto, but is also true that in the decisive match against Lazio, Inter had Ronaldo,Recoba and Vieri and they didn't make the difference.

What I'm trying to say is that a team is compose by stars and players that do the "dirty" jobs.Pplayers like Pessotto that even though he is not Roberto Carlos he always does his job. A winning team is composed by a good mix between the two.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
But my dear spartacus we dont have a good mix, we have too many "non stars". The scudetto whether you like it or not was given to us by both Inter and Roma, and we were woeful in Cl. Yes we need some of these players but we have far too many. Didnt you see the wc, all the lungs of zanetti, gattusso and tomassi what did they achieve, one win in 4 games and 2 defeats.
Inter do not have the winning mentality and if they do, it will be hard to stop them. We have to shape up otherwise we will end up like France

modan

Jul 13, 2002
spartacus, have thought of why these big names became big names? not only because they cost, but because they get their job done, and they contribute even more to the team after getting their jobs done, i just dont understand why must lippi try to sell luliano, thuram, davids, all these great players and buy players like chimenti, baiocco. fresi is good, he scored quite alot of goals for a defender, but chimenti doesn't make sense! carini is already a very good goalkeeper, why should we buy a goalkeeper who tried to clear a ball and mislided, giving ronaldo an open goal?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
all we have done so far is buy a few subs,there hasn't been any change to the core of the team.so WHY do we want to weaken the team by selling davids?

Spartacus

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by modan ] ++
spartacus, have thought of why these big names became big names? not only because they cost, but because they get their job done, and they contribute even more to the team after getting their jobs done, i just dont understand why must lippi try to sell luliano, thuram, davids, all these great players and buy players like chimenti, baiocco. fresi is good, he scored quite alot of goals for a defender, but chimenti doesn't make sense! carini is already a very good goalkeeper, why should we buy a goalkeeper who tried to clear a ball and mislided, giving ronaldo an open goal?
Ok why Inter then with all these big names hasn't won a single scudetto or a champions league all these years. I mean Moratti bought and still buys the best of the best. Why Inter this year hasn't won the scudetto? or even the UEFA cup? having people like Ronaldo,Vieri,Seedorf,Recoba ect, ect.

Names don't mean nothing Modan. Gosh people Juventus should have teach you that...Since Lippi came to guide Juve we always had the team that nobody pointed as the favorite for the run of the scudetto, except maybe last year. Sure that you need champions but that is not what is all about. Look at Real Madrid for instance. Yes they won the champions league, but they also lost the league and got beaten by low teams of the spanish league. Valencia won the title in Spain and has a quarter of the stars that play in Real Madrid.

Also Lippi hasn't sell anyone yet. Right now all are speculations made up by the newspapers to make the sell. How many names have been linked to Juve? Man...hundreds if it was for the newspapers we should have half of the players that play in all european leagues.

If Juve will sell, trust me they will buy too. The situation right now is that Juve has no liquids to spend, so they are trying to sell first to buy after, which is a very wise decison so we won't jeopardize our funds.

What we did so far was fixing our bench and aquire some very interesting young players.

As for Chimenti you are mistaking him for Lupatelli, Chievo's goalkeeper. Chimenti it's an excellent choice for second goalie. To retain Carini it's a crime...The kid needs to play.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
well said sparty.but i still have a few doubts with juve's policy,especially with buying all the old players.(eg thuram,nedved,fresi)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Spartacus what you said is right, but like paranoia is trying to point out and the thing you are missing is that juve like most clubs buy big when they are losing, believe you me if we didnt win the league, we would have been spending big money or how do u explain the forking out £33m on a goalie or over £50m on players very near 30 and on the wane in Thuram and Nedved, its called panic buying. You claim we are strenghtening our bench, well selling Maresca and getting Baiocco is not strenghtening to me. Fresi as a goal scoring defender is not as good or as young as Tudor. Imo out first team is not good enuff for us not to make slight changes to it, as we need definitely more pace and creativity.
You keep mentioning Inter but apart from last season, Inter had never bought wisely and when they got Recoba, Kallon, Ventola, Zanetti (j), Dalmat, these guys were not stars. But once you have no stability at the top as in no manager has stayed more than 2 seasons at inter so how can they win. Dont you ever think that Inter's biggest problem is that they buy too many stars no its not that its they buy too much period and most of them are unnecessary and not in positions where they are weak,
. But if they get the right manager and stability then watch out, it took Man united 25 years to win the league again after so much spending but once they got it right ...............

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I've never seen Camoranesi play but from what I hear he's quite the player. I'm looking forward to seeing him in black and white next season.:thumb:

Spartacus

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
well said sparty.but i still have a few doubts with juve's policy,especially with buying all the old players.(eg thuram,nedved,fresi)
It depends on what you define old... for me old is from 32 on. A player that is on his late 20's is at his peak of his football maurity.

Ferrara even show us that at 33 or 34 you can still give your best. Baresi at 34 was still one of the best sweeper in the world. Mancini the old he was getting the better he was and I could mention more and more.

Young doesn't mean better. Plus I can not understand your doubts if it wasn't for Nedved maybe we wouldn't be celebrating Juve's 26 th scudetto. Thuram had a so so performance but I guarantee you that is not because of his age...

Fresi is only 28 and had one of the best season of his carrer. I could've make sense of your post if you told me that why in the hell we bought Paramatti...that I could understand....

Spartacus

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Spartacus what you said is right, but like paranoia is trying to point out and the thing you are missing is that juve like most clubs buy big when they are losing, believe you me if we didnt win the league, we would have been spending big money or how do u explain the forking out £33m on a goalie or over £50m on players very near 30 and on the wane in Thuram and Nedved, its called panic buying. You claim we are strenghtening our bench, well selling Maresca and getting Baiocco is not strenghtening to me. Fresi as a goal scoring defender is not as good or as young as Tudor. Imo out first team is not good enuff for us not to make slight changes to it, as we need definitely more pace and creativity.
You keep mentioning Inter but apart from last season, Inter had never bought wisely and when they got Recoba, Kallon, Ventola, Zanetti (j), Dalmat, these guys were not stars. But once you have no stability at the top as in no manager has stayed more than 2 seasons at inter so how can they win. Dont you ever think that Inter's biggest problem is that they buy too many stars no its not that its they buy too much period and most of them are unnecessary and not in positions where they are weak,
. But if they get the right manager and stability then watch out, it took Man united 25 years to win the league again after so much spending but once they got it right ...............
Last year Juventus bought because they were selling as well. Is not that they went crazy just because they were losing. Remember when we lost the scudetto at Perugia? We didn't go crazy that summer buying players just because we lost. It might be the case of other clubs, but not Juve. Last season we spent because we could. We made incredible deals selling Zidane and Inzaghi and we needed to reinforce our team to supply the lost of those two great players and so we did. We didn't go over the line we spent the money that we got from our selling.

Regarding the bench what you say is not correct. Maresca was given away, and we got Brighi instead to replace him. Maresca still needs to improve while Brighi had an incredible season at Bologna something that even Maresca didn't achieve when he was on loan there.

Fresi is a great sweeper and it was called to replace Montero when need it, since I believe Lippi will play with 3 defenders in the back. Tudor will probably be a starter next season so no need to worry that Fresi will get his spot. Plus we haven't spent a penny for Fresi.

Inter has always been from ten year or so dominating in the market and never won anything yet. They always bought what was best out there spending massive amounts of money and not just from last season. Even Lazio and they just won a scudetto but look at them now struggling with their balance and obblied to sell because otherwise they would go bankrupt.

Buying great names doesn't mean a thing. I said it before and I will say it again.

I'm very surprised that you mentioned Manchester UTD. As they never spend massive amounts of money till this season (look at the result by the way). They always took particular attention at their farm and invested in young unknown players.

Juventus learned form their mistakes. We also used to be like Moratti spending millions and millions. I still remember when Juve in 1990 bought R.Baggio,Hassler,Di Canio, Julio Cesar,Corini we spent a massive amount of money. We were supposed to win it all. The result? we even failed to qualify for the UEFA cup...

We were also in the verge of bankruptcy, look at us now. We are the healthiest club in Italy and we probalby are the club that has won more titles in the last 8 years.

I understand as a fan that you guys want the big name. Who doesn't, but one thing is what we want and another is what Juve really want that not to offend anyone but they know what they are doing unlike we.

We fans have a tendency to speak sooner than we should. Let's just wait and see. I still remember when everybody was critizing Lippi for his job at Juve and then look, we got the scudetto...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
These are my thoughts : I think that Juve already have a fairly compact team and do not need many more big players. We already have Gigi,Igor,Nedved,Treze and DP. All we need now is some players that can play around these big guns and fit in with them.

I think buying young players is a very good idea. Brighi,Baiocco and Camoranesi will strengthen our bench and give us good choices for a replacement when someone is injured. Getting rid of Maresca was the correct choice. He is a talented young player,but needs to play. He was allowed to do that at Juve often because of the depth our squad has. It's never easy contending for a starting place with the likes of Tacchinardi,Conte,Davids,Nedved and Del Piero. At Piacenza Maresca should get a chance to start and gain experience. This is what he really needs.

I reckon that Juve need to find a replacement for the injured Pessotto. Zambro is also out but I think we have him all covered,with Camoranesi and Baiocco.

If we can purchase a replacement for Pessotto,and maybe strengthen up the midfield a bit,we should have another strong squad for next season. The defence is fairly good,the midfield is full of talented veterans and young starlets,and upfront,we have one of the best partnerships in Europe. Treze and DP should be able to get the job done,and if they can't,then we have Salas and Zalayeta to back them up.

I am eagerly looking forward to the new season. This time I hope we can go a few steps further in the Champions League. With a couple more signings we should be able to do so.

Jul 12, 2002
This is a good acquisition, Camoranesi is quite a good player. It's not as if he is the world's best right winger, but we don't need or want that. he has what it takes to play in Serie A, and he has it at the right price.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I am not sure if Baiocco or Camoranesi are going to be good acquisitions or not, just because juve have bought them doesnt make them good overnight as we have bought loads of duds in the past. None of these players are comfortable on the right so it seems that Conte will start the season on the right. I am not advocating for superstars Spartacus, just creative ones, when we lost the league to perugia, didnt we break our transfer record to bring in Trezeguet, did we actually sell anyone. Thuram and Buffon were bought before Zidane and Inzaghi were sold. And as for Man united its just of recent and i mean post Cantona, that they started producing a lot of players from youth system, they used to buy players and i wont bore you with the players. Roma won the scudetto 2 seasons ago but didnt strenghten their squad properly and they have paid the price. Now look at them pursuing Davids, have bought Guardiola and surely will buy more.
Btw Fresi is here on a salary so he is not strictly free and you seem to forget that we were willing to pay £35 on Vieri, but we did spend millions more on Salas. As for Lippi, i never wanted him sacked, as i do like him but he cant be a miracle worker for too long, to compete with hungry teams like Inter, Milan, Roma and the like, i am afraid you have to spend whether we like it or not.
If we won the league convincingly, then i would have been as confident as you

Spartacus

Jul 13, 2002
Ok I can understand your fears that the other teams are gettin reinforced but it has been like this always and in most of the cases we always did better than those teams.

I also think that Roma is getting reinforced but I guess we will have to wait and see...

Regarding Camoranesi. I say he is very comfortable to play on the right, since he is a right wing. Baiocco on the other hand is left midfielder and can also play as defensive midfield too. Baiocco for those that never seen him play he is kinda like Puyol of Barcelona a player that has tons of stamina and great detrmination. He will do good, you will see. Like I said before just because you guys don't know the player doesn't mean the guy sucks. You are just not aware of their capabilities that's all.

I'm sure when Juve bought Conte there were a lot of skeptical people...but guess what...he ended up with the captaincy of Juve and became on of the symbols of the squad.

Regarding the selling Denco. Juventus when it buys, is to correct their mistakes. For instance you mentioned after Perugia we bought Trezeguet. Yes we bought him because Inzaghi failed to impress that season and Del Piero wasn't scoring enough so Trezeguet was for sell at a good price and they went for him as a player that could bring some verve in the attack.

With the Zidane and Inzaghi deal we first sold them and then we bought the other players it wasn't viceversa.

The point is that Juve is not a team that will go crazy in the market just because they need to buy an important player. They buy with logic. Try to spend little and buy great players. They try to correct their mistakes. Juve's biggest problem last year was the bench. We didn't have a good one. Juventus saw it and they bought good replacements for next season.

In my opinion Juve needs very little to be competitive for next year.
We need to fix the midfield which they already are and find a substitute for Pessotto.

Our defense it's still the best of the league and our Attack was the most prolific one last season, so no need of changes there either.

Bottom line teams that don't win always tend to reinforce themselves. The teams that do win they don't need to, except maybe just for little fixes here and there.

I really can't believe how you guys are dissapointed in Juve's aquisition strategy so far...I think they are doing a great job.

Anyway I guess that right now we can talk all we want ...but we will have to wait till next season to see who was right and who wasn't.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Spartacus ] ++
Ok I can understand your fears that the other teams are gettin reinforced but it has been like this always and in most of the cases we always did better than those teams.

I also think that Roma is getting reinforced but I guess we will have to wait and see...

Regarding Camoranesi. I say he is very comfortable to play on the right, since he is a right wing. Baiocco on the other hand is left midfielder and can also play as defensive midfield too. Baiocco for those that never seen him play he is kinda like Puyol of Barcelona a player that has tons of stamina and great detrmination. He will do good, you will see. Like I said before just because you guys don't know the player doesn't mean the guy sucks. You are just not aware of their capabilities that's all.

I'm sure when Juve bought Conte there were a lot of skeptical people...but guess what...he ended up with the captaincy of Juve and became on of the symbols of the squad.

Regarding the selling Denco. Juventus when it buys, is to correct their mistakes. For instance you mentioned after Perugia we bought Trezeguet. Yes we bought him because Inzaghi failed to impress that season and Del Piero wasn't scoring enough so Trezeguet was for sell at a good price and they went for him as a player that could bring some verve in the attack.

With the Zidane and Inzaghi deal we first sold them and then we bought the other players it wasn't viceversa.

The point is that Juve is not a team that will go crazy in the market just because they need to buy an important player. They buy with logic. Try to spend little and buy great players. They try to correct their mistakes. Juve's biggest problem last year was the bench. We didn't have a good one. Juventus saw it and they bought good replacements for next season.

In my opinion Juve needs very little to be competitive for next year.
We need to fix the midfield which they already are and find a substitute for Pessotto.

Our defense it's still the best of the league and our Attack was the most prolific one last season, so no need of changes there either.

Bottom line teams that don't win always tend to reinforce themselves. The teams that do win they don't need to, except maybe just for little fixes here and there.

I really can't believe how you guys are dissapointed in Juve's aquisition strategy so far...I think they are doing a great job.

Anyway I guess that right now we can talk all we want ...but we will have to wait till next season to see who was right and who wasn't.
To my continuing dismay (;)), I find myself agreeing with Spartacus. The transfers that we have made are good ones. As long as we don't sell anyone, we should be good for next season.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Actually i quite like Camoneresi, as i feel he is tricky and not too predictable, but its funny how most of the ppl on here last season all wanted Mutu but nobody seems to be mentioning him. To be honest, i am very surprised that we haven't gone for Asta as i like him. Sparatcus i actually prefer Blasi as he is a classier player and a better long term prospect than Baiocco will be. Anyway only time will tell if Baicco turns out to be a conte or a Bachini

Spartacus

Jul 13, 2002
Yes definitely Blasi it has much more technique than Baiocco. That is for sure. Maybe Juventus felt that he wasn't ready to assume an important role in Juve for next season.
Although he is supposed to join Juve in january in case things go wrong in the midfield.
I hope that Baiocco turns to be the next Conte. He definitely has the determination.
We could probably start analyze him in pre season games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)