Official - Rooney signs for Manchester united (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
www.evertonfc.com

ROONEY AT CARRINGTON
By: Mark Rowan

Wayne Rooney is poised to end his Everton career in the next few hours after arriving at Manchester United's Carrington training ground.

Rooney has been the subject of a bid believed to £25 million by the Old Trafford club though there is yet to be confirmation by the two clubs that a deal has been agreed..

Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright and United Chief Executive David Gill are continuing negotiations over a potential deal but time is running out for both clubs.

Transfers involving money or fees must be completed by 3.30pm this afternoon though clubs can sign players on-loan until the European deadline at midnight tonight.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
"Rooney will sign for Man U" and "Rooney signs for Man U" are very different things, Zlatan.

Anyway, this is no big surprise. The only question that remains is who will become a fringe player, Smith or Saha? Poor Bellion :down:

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    TBH, I rate Smith higher than Rooney. Now they have Smithyboy, Roonaldo, Saha and Ruud.

P.S. It's on evertons official website FFS, and it's on BBC ;)

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    How's this for official?

United Reach Outline Agreement For Rooney

Manchester United plc has reached an outline agreement with Everton FC for the transfer of the registration of Wayne Rooney, subject to his successful completion of a medical.

Details of the agreement will be announced when all terms are complete.

Manchester United Communications Department.

http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=100212&itype=466&icategoryid=123

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
    Soccernet.com

United finally complete Rooney deal

Manchester United have completed the signing of England striker Wayne Rooney from Everton.

Rooney: Sir Alex closing in (MatthewLewis/GettyImages)

The 18-year-old is now registered as a United player after he passed a medical with the club earlier today and all the details were finally agreed.

The clubs reached 'outline agreement' earlier today and the deal was completed with four and a half hours to go before the closure of the transfer window.

United released a statement to announce they had finalised an agreement with Everton for Rooney.

It read: 'Wayne has signed a six-year contract until June 30 2010.

'The fee payable to Everton is £20million. Half is due now, with half due on August 1 2005.

'In addition there are contingent payments to Everton over the next five years up to a maximum of £7million, dependent on club success, the player renewing his contract and his appearances at international level.

'Of this sum, £3million will be due to Everton provided Rooney remains registered to MU until June 30 2007.'

United also revealed that Rooney's representatives would receive £1.5million.

'Agents' fees payable to Proactive Sports Management Limited in relation to both the acquisition of the player and negotiation of his personal terms totalled £1.5million.

'Of this sum, £1million is guaranteed, of which £0.5million is payable immediately and the balance over the following five years in equal instalments.

'The remaining £0.5million will be paid in five equal instalments over the duration of Rooney's contract provided he remains registered to MU at the due dates for payment.'

Rooney will be unveiled at a 1pm press conference tomorrow.

He said: 'It was a tough decision to leave Everton, the club I've supported and played for all my life, but I'm excited to be joining a club as big as Manchester United.

'I feel this can only improve my career, playing with top players in top competitions like the Champions League and I can't wait to meet up with the team.'

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson is thrilled to have Rooney on board after competition for his signature from Newcastle.

'I am very excited, I think we have got the best young player this country has seen in the past 30 years. Everyone is delighted by this signing,' he said.

Chief executive David Gill added: 'We are delighted to have reached an agreement for Wayne.

'He will be a tremendous asset to Manchester United and undoubtedly has a bright future ahead of him.'

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    United welcome prodigy Rooney
    Tuesday, 31 August 2004

Wayne Rooney has completed his departure from Everton FC by signing for Manchester United FC in a €29.6m transfer. Rooney has signed a six-year contract until 30 June 2010.

Breakdown of fee
    Besides the initial €29.6m outlay - half of which will be paid immediately - United could also pay as much as €10.4m extra depending on Rooney's appearances and achievements at Old Trafford. Everton will definitely get €4.4m if Rooney is still a United player in three years' time and the Merseyside club are entitled to 25 per cent of any future transfer fee.

Fearless performances
    The 18-year-old England striker, who lit up UEFA EURO 2004™ with his four goals and fearless performances, passed a medical at Old Trafford today and finalised the details of the transfer ahead of tomorrow's midday deadline for registering players for the UEFA Champions League.

Unconvincing start
    Rooney's arrival will bring a fresh spark to a United side who, despite overcoming FC Dinamo Bucuresti in the Champions League third qualifying round, have made an unconvincing start in the Premiership. Their goalless draw with Everton yesterday left them with one win from four matches.

Intense speculation
    Rooney's future at Everton had been the subject of intense media speculation in England since his performances in Portugal. He had two years remaining on his contract at Everton and had stalled on replying to the club's offer of a new five-year deal worth €75,000 a week.

Transfer request
    United finally moved for Rooney after Newcastle United FC made a bid for the player, and on Friday the teenager submitted a transfer request in which he cited his desire to play European football. "The Euros were a fantastic experience for me, it made me realise I could play at the highest level," he said. "To do that, I need to be with a club that is playing in Europe every year."

Remarkable talent
    Rooney was just 16 when he struck an unforgettable first goal in English league football, a wonderful last-minute winner against Arsenal FC which ended the champions' then 30-match unbeaten run. The son of Everton season-ticket holders, he became an instant hero at the Merseyside club. Now he leaves his boyhood favourites at 18, having scored just 17 goals in an Everton shirt. It is Old Trafford, not Goodison Park, which will see the best of this remarkable talent.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/news/Kind=1/newsId=221107.html

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Looks like ManU made some teams a lot richer and got some depth for their injury-plagued attack. But overall, I don't think this deal is going to bear fruit the way their front office is hoping.

It's going to be interesting...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)