OFFICIAL: Real Madrid sign 60% of Robinho (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
COMUNICADO OFICIAL: El Real Madrid paga el 60% de la cláusula de rescisión propiedad del Santos para fichar a Robinho

El Real Madrid ha hecho entrega, en Río de Janeiro, a la Confederación Brasileña de Fútbol, para su remisión a Santos Futebol Clube, de los instrumentos de pago adecuados para hacer efectivo el importe en que está valorada la participación del club brasileño (un 60%) en la transferencia a un club extranjero de los derecho deportivos del jugador de fútbol Robson de Souza, Robinho, según el contrato de trabajo vigente entre el Santos y Robinho.

www.realmadrid.es

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 6, 2005
and for those of you who can't read Spanish ;):

Real Get Robinho
7/21/2005 10:52:00 PM
Real Madrid have finally signed Santos striker Robinho in a £16.6 million deal.
The Spanish giants have been chasing Brazil’s highly-rated 21-year-old all summer, and with Robinho recently refusing to play any more games for Santos, a transfer looked more and more likely.

Reports in Spain this morning that Robinho had undergone a ‘secret’ medical for Real suggested that the transfer was not only inevitable but imminent.

And tonight, Real’s media chief Antonio Garcia Ferreras confirmed: "We’ll pay 24 million Euros, that’s 60 per cent of the buy-out clause," referring to the fee of £28.4 million (41 million Euros) that Santos had demanded.

"The other 40 per cent should be paid to the player and his agent, but they will forego their share."

Garcia Ferreras added that the fee will initially be paid to the Brazilian Football Confederation rather than Santos.

"It’s settled," added Robinho’s agent Wagner Riberio.

"I’ve just deposited US$30 million with the Brazilian Football Confederation to be passed on to Santos.

"Robinho is just waiting for a transfer certificate to travel. He waived the 40 per cent to which he was entitled to be able to fulfil his dream of playing for Real Madrid."

The striker was determined to continue his career in the Spanish capital and made it clear after helping Brazil win the Confederations Cup that he saw his future in Europe.

"It’ll be good for the safety of my family," said Robinho, whose mother was kidnapped and held captive for 40 days last year before being released.

"Spain is an ideal country for Brazilian players and I know Real coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo very well. My mind is at Real Madrid."

One of those fellow-Brazilians, Ronaldo, said of the prospect of linking up with Robinho: “With him playing we are going to have fun.”

Robinho also claimed that Santos president Marcelo Teixeira had reneged on a promise to let him leave the club for £6.76 million by upping the price to £28.4 million.

"In October last year, when PSV Eindhoven and Benfica were interested in me, the president told me that he would let me go after the [Copa] Libertadores for 10 million Euros (£6.76 million)," Robinho said.

"Real Madrid are offering $25 million (£14.2 million) and he doesn’t want to let me go. I hope he keeps his promise."

Teixeira insisted that, with Robinho under contract until 2008, any club wanting to sign him would have to meet a £28.4 million penalty clause for the player.

But his tough stance cut no ice with Robinho, who promptly refused to play any more games for Santos after returning from the Confederations Cup.

Robinho, who missed three Brazilian Championship matches, has been fined an undisclosed amount by Santos for every day he has failed to report for duty.

He has reportedly instructed his lawyers to take the case to a local labour court.

His arrival at the Bernabeu will inevitably heighten speculation about fellow-striker Michael Owen’s future with the club.
Goal.com
24 million euros.. hmm..

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
he'll be good, but waiving what, 10 million bucks to join Real? i would've waited thank you.

btw, the 40% is owned by agent+player which he said has agreed to just let go.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Oh, he'll be good alright. But given what's at Real's disposal in attack, I don't see the logic to that acquisition in any practical useful sense. He may as well be a coat rack... making ex-Tyco CEO Dennis Kozlowski's umbrella stand seem like a bargain.

Maybe he'll get bored and ultimately will be traded. Because the Brazil NT might be his only gig where he gets to walk on the green for some time.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Even with the arrival of Robinho, I don't think Barca are just going to be sitting on their haunches. I think the boy made a mistake.

Sep 28, 2002
the mistake was to waive his 40% share of the transfer to join real. thats a huge mistake really.

and i think this transfer also means that andy's favourite michael owen is going back home to england.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Robinho move blocked

Santos striker Robinho's move to Real Madrid has been blocked after the CBF, the Brazilian Football Federation, refused to sanction the proposed deal.

The Brazilian club have so far turned down Real's approaches for their most prized asset; insisting that a deal would be dependant on the Spaniards paying the buy-out clause of €41 million (£28.5 mllion) in full.

Last week, however, Real offered to pay Santos €25 million (£17 million) for the 21-year-old, equating to approximately 60 percent of the buy-out clause, with Robinho waiving his right to the other 40 percent.

The CBF have now put the kibosh on that proposal, insisting that such an arrangement would contravene Brazilian law.

In a fax received by the Spanish Football Federation, CBF general secretary Marco Teixeira declared:

"We are informing you that it is impossible for us to send the International Transfer Certificate for the player.

He added: "Santos will not accept the transfer without full payment of the buy-out clause in the contract, which is legally binding and fixed at €41 million."

Despite this latest setback Real are still confident of landing their number one transfer target, a player once courted by Arsenal.

Speaking from Thailand where Real are on a pre-season tour, Real's head of media, Antonio Ferreras, explained: "It's what we were expecting.

"However I'm convinced that the deal will go through and Robinho will definitely be included in the squad when we go for pre-season training in Austria," he concluded.

planetfootball.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He's still going to Real anyway. He want its too bad. There's no way it's going to do Santos any good to keep him now.

Anyway, remember what happened to Diego? He looked even better than Robinho IMO.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Real seal Robinho deal

Real Madrid have announced that they have finally reached an agreement with Santos to sign long-standing target Robinho.

The Brazil international is set to sign a five-year deal with the Spanish giants and will be unveiled on August 25.

"Real Madrid and Santos have arrived at an agreement for the transfer of Robinho," read a statement on Real Madrid's official website.

The news brings an end to a long and drawn-out transfer deal for the 21-year-old, with Santos having insisted Real had to pay their buy-out clause of €41 million (£28.5 million) in full.

The Brazilian Football Federation, CBF, intervened by announcing on Friday that they could not sanction the move but both sides have since reached a deal to allow Robinho to join Los Merengues.

The youngster will become the third Brazilian striker to join Real's attacking ranks for the coming campaign, with the club having also won the chase to land Robinho's fellow countryman Julio Baptista from La Liga rivals Sevilla.

Real agreed a fee of €20 million with their Andalucian counterparts to take the former Sao Paulo player to El Santiago Bernabeu on Friday - much to the disappointment of Premiership side Arsenal.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger admitted that Baptista had been a main target for him this summer, but Real have convinced the 23-year-old to move to the Spanish capital instead.

The news of the pair's arrivals at Real is sure to spark fresh doubts over the future of Michael Owen and it remains to be seen if the England hit-man may yet make a return to The Premiership before the end of the summer transfer market.

planetfootball.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)