Official: Owen to Newcastle for 25Euro (6 Viewers)

venom

Oct 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Nawaf ] ++
That team is good enough to guarantee a UEFA cup spot.. nothing more, nothing less..
Much more less if they don't get rid of their manager early enough though. :D

OP
djleli

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #25
    yeah they should make it to uefa altough there are other teams to compete with

Turdhead

Chickenegro no funny
    Jan 14, 2005
    Yeah he'll score loads of goals for them and probably single handedly double the teams chances of doing anything.

What a rubbish signing :rolleyes:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++

I'm not.

I think you were being facetious anyway, but I think the Turk, Emre, out on the left is their best player/signing.
    I have always thought Emre was a decent player when I saw him....we probably should have bought him as a good back up for the midfield.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    What about Lampard and Ferdinand? I'm not that big of a fan of English players either, but there is no denying those two along with Gerrard are worth the price in today's market.

Not sure about 25 million for Owen though.

Mar 6, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    What about Lampard and Ferdinand? I'm not that big of a fan of English players either, but there is no denying those two along with Gerrard are worth the price in today's market.

Not sure about 25 million for Owen though.
    Ferdinand? No. Lampard, however, deserves it if just for the hard work that he puts in every week..(and that's coming from a semi-arsenal fan..)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    :LOL: This is hilarious! Liverpool sell their star striker to Real for 8m and Newcastle purchase him a year later for 17m even though he didn't play regular first team football last season :rofl:

Liverpool selling him for as little as they did was funny but this takes the cake.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

What the hell did they buy Luque for??? To sit on the bench? :wallbang:

Real Madrid got out of this the best by far.
    They'll probably play him on the left. Benching him wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, but then again neither does buying Michael Owen for 17 million pounds.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

good luck to owen. i hope he and shearer click and bring succes to newcastlle, so shearer can retire in good fashion.. he's a true legend!

OP
    djleli

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #39
    the25 million euros by real:
    UFFICIALE: Sergio Ramos è del Real Madrid
    L'ex giocatore firmerà oggi il contratto. 25 milioni più un giovane il costo della trattativa
    31.08.2005 11.04 di Cristiano Cinacchio
    Finalmente il Real Madrid ha il suo difensore centrale. E' durato tutta l'estate l'inseguimento al giocatore del Siviglia ma oggi la trattativa si concretizzerà con la firma del giocatore.
    Sergio Ramos, 19 anni, è un difensore centrale considerato il futuro del calcio spagnolo per tecnica, forza fisica e grazie alla tranquillità da veterano con cui affronta le partite nonostante la giovane età.
    La trattativa costa a Perez 24 milioni di euro in contanti più il prestito di uno dei giovani del vivaio da scegliere tra Mejia, Arbeloa e Palencia; il Siviglia pare orientato a scegliere il primo. Svolta decisiva nella trattativa è stato l'inserimento del Barcellona nella corsa al giocatore, che ha portato Perez ad alzare l'offerta a 25 milioni di euro che, forte dell'accordo con il giocatore, ha avuta la meglio sull'offerta, seppure leggermente più alta, di Laporta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)