Official: Mellberg to Juve (June) p.22 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
probably we won't buy a defender in summer but we will off load one of them.

Jorge Andrade,Mellberg,Chiellini,Criscito,Legrottaglie,Grygera,Stendardo
apart from chiellini and maybe jorge (we will see when he returns), we have a collection of average and below-average defenders that teams like palermo and lazio would be proud of.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Good signing, one of the players that I like in the Swedish team. 30 years old is not an old age for a defender. I hope he does well and I wish we could have got him now, but anyway the price was really good to reject.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Good signing, one of the players that I like in the Swedish team. 30 years old is not an old age for a defender. I hope he does well and I wish we could have got him now, but anyway the price was really good to reject.
Well, we'll see how good he is in Italy I suppose. I like the way Mellberg plays but I don't see what's so special about him. In reality we're purchasing the same two players in Mellberg and Stendardo. :undecide:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Well, we'll see how good he is in Italy I suppose. I like the way Mellberg plays but I don't see what's so special about him. In reality we're purchasing the same two players in Mellberg and Stendardo. :undecide:
but they are coming at different times. IMO Stendardo is a stop-gap as our number 1 backup defender (to Legro and Chiellini) until the season is up. Unless he impresses he will go back to Lazio.

Mellberg is a great signing an experianced centre-back for nothing who will be useful if we get in the CL. Hopefully he is coming to replace Stendardo as the 1st backup and we bring in a quality centre back eg Zapata.

CBs: Chiellini, Legro, Mellberg, Andrade (Zapata)

that doesnt look too bad provided we can get Andrade up to speed again

Iaquinta09

Apr 20, 2005
but they are coming at different times. IMO Stendardo is a stop-gap as our number 1 backup defender (to Legro and Chiellini) until the season is up. Unless he impresses he will go back to Lazio.

Mellberg is a great signing an experianced centre-back for nothing who will be useful if we get in the CL. Hopefully he is coming to replace Stendardo as the 1st backup and we bring in a quality centre back eg Zapata.

CBs: Chiellini, Legro, Mellberg, Andrade (Zapata)

that doesnt look too bad provided we can get Andrade up to speed again
If Stendardo impress sold Andrade!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I didn't day he's special, I just like how he plays. In a way or another I see him adding something to the squad. But as for Stendardo, he came on loan now where Mellberg is bought for peanuts to arrive in June, the deals are different.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
this is a good couple of buys. even if we get sissoko it wont be to bad for January. i just hope it doesnt mean no WC in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)