Official: Glenn aka Zizou thinks that Vieri will be a Juventino again (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #242
    ++ [ originally posted by cirof ] ++
    Just...something is strange Zizou.

You told in one reply, that you knew about Capello a day before others. I read an article yesterday that said:

Moggi and Capello arranged all things in 10 hours since they first hear each other.

So I'd say like that ... at 8:00 Moggi calls Capello and tells him what he wants. At 18:00 it's all set up for transfer - but you knew all that a day before!!!

Give me a break ... it was a guess and you guessed it . . . you were born under a lucky star!!! :)

and don't be mad, I respect you, couse anyway, you do write for Soccerage.
    Err the deal was struck days before not on that day, but it got leaked out on Thursday and Friday morning came the official announcement. What's so hard to understand?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    Vieri is awesome!!!!! this is great news once official. but guys....dunno abt yall but i see a trend developing here, super but old coach. super but old striker.......what happened to JUVE'S classic we build stars strategy....are we shedding that tag this season and walking on dangerous ground!?!?
    Vieri was awesome. IMO, now he's just very good -- and with his best seasons behind him, not ahead of him.

I don't think Juve are particularly on an older player kick. For one, team finances won't even allow that -- given the costs of transfers and salaries of players in their prime versus developing youth players (bench or not). The exception being when they're really at the end of their careers, and we're talking more like Perugia.

Jul 28, 2002
    if we sign bobo, then a young future striker must be brought in soon, possible cavenaghi or torres (not likely), becuase we need the other blooded in like adriano was.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Look at this , i found it at channel 4 :

Di Vaio opens Inter door Thursday 3 June, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marco Di Vaio is willing to join Inter in a move which could see Christian Vieri sign for Juventus.

"If I was to leave Juve then I would only join a top class team and that right now means Milan or Inter," said the striker.

Di Vaio had previously said that he expected to sign a new deal with Juve after Euro 2004 but he admits that may no longer be the case.

"Two days before I had to meet up with the national team, I received a call from Luciano Moggi and he told me that I was a part of Juventus’ plans," he continued.

"And now? It all seems to depend on what Vieri wants. If he agrees then I feel that the deal will happen."

The Lazio youth team product has struggled to settle in Turin but he’s confident he could make a real impact at Inter.

"I would be able to play alongside Adriano again after our time together at Parma," he added.

"Taking into account our characteristics, I really do think that he is my ideal striking partner. I was only with him for three months but that was enough to realise his potential."

Whispers suggest that the transfer could be concluded in a matter of days and Di Vaio is hoping for a quick conclusion.

"I don’t want these rumours of Vieri going to Juventus and me joining Inter to persist during Euro 2004," he noted.

"I want to be informed of what will happen in the next few days. Until then I still feel like an important part of the Juventus side."

Meanwhile, Inter chief Massimo Moratti has said that Vieri could be heading out of the San Siro.

"It all depends on what he wants," Moratti is quoted as saying. "We’re evaluating the situation but nothing has changed for now."

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    New Juve convinces Alex Thursday 3 June, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex Del Piero is looking forward to working with Fabio Capello – and possibly Christian Vieri – at Juventus next season.

"If I had to bet on who would have been the next Coach then I wouldn’t have said Capello," stated the captain.

"It was a surprise to me as I thought Roma would base their future on him and Francesco Totti.

"Capello’s arrival is an important signal to the Juventus players. He is a winner and I’m sure he will leave his mark."

Del Piero was also asked to comment on rumours that his club are close to signing Vieri from Inter.
    "I will be very happy if Vieri also joined us even if we already have a good group of players at the club," explained the Italian international.
    "Yet it isn’t as if this is the first time that the newspapers have said that Juventus are holding talks about Vieri. A similar thing happened last year."

But still we need something OFFICAL, damn itttt !

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Nothing concrete yet? Well, it seems like its just about concrete, except for the "Official" part. I wonder who will replace Di Vaio.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)