Official: Giorgio Chiellini to Juve (13 Viewers)

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #50
    Signed, sealed and delivered. :D

I never saw him play so I can't judge him. They say he was the best young player of Serie B last season. He was owned by Livorno and Roma(hahaha, Fvck You Sensi) and we helped Livorno get the other half and make a deal to bring him here. He plays LB and can play LCB in a 3-man D and LM.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    Juve capture U-21 star Chiellini
    Friday 25 June, 2004

Juventus have officially signed Azzurrini defender Giorgio Chiellini from under Roma’s noses.

The Under-21 international played a crucial part in May’s European Championship triumph and was co-owned by Roma and Livorno.

He spent this season in Serie B with the Tuscans, who earned promotion into the top flight, and was expected to return to the Capital.

However, Livorno bought out the rest of his contract for £2m with help from Juventus and have now sold him to the Bianconeri outright in exchange for cash and half of fellow Azzurrini man Giuseppe Sculli.

20-year-old Chiellini has penned a five-year contract with the Turin side and is their second defensive reinforcement after Roma’s Jonathan Zebina.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    As I understand we provided them with some cash to help them buy what Roma owned of him and they promptly sold him to us :D As much as I detest Moggi for ignoring players such as Mexes, I've got to give it to him, he's one sneaky operator.

Well done, Luciano :thumb:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I actually thought that Moretti was ok, but I'm banking on this Chiellini guy to be alot better, afterall, one of the main reasons behind our purchasing Moretti was to help Fiorentina get out of debt. Hopefully Georgey boy doesn't turn out to be like Legrottaglie. Remember what happened the last time we pipped Roma to a player? ;) :D

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #56
    Look at this title in an article I found on the web. ;)

Il nuovo Maldini è della Juve

The new Maldini to Juve. ;)

It's a bit exgerated IMO but it shows that this kid as some potential.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    yeah, he'll go on loan straight away:D

maybe he can play the left side and zambro the right side. even though i think janks will do that job at left back. but at least we have cover now if he does stay.

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
    Chiellini is new to the U21s, having played just 5 games, scoring 1 goal against Portugal in March.

In all, he has made 49 appearances for Italy from U15 to U21, scoring 5 goals.

This past season for Livorno, he played 41 games, scoring 4 goals. He played one Coppa Italia game. It was his first full season for Livorno, having played just 14 games total over the previous 3 seasons, all for Livorno in C1 and B.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)