Official Euro 2008 Qualifier Thread (48 Viewers)

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
2 goals officially credited to Henry. But I agree, it seems the ball touched Ribery
Yes.

Noted.
I don´t like the sound of that.
:D
I agree. Let´s swear on him in Croatian. I´ll teach you a few words. ;)
Please no.

...and beat Platini's record to become France NT's All Time Best Scorer (which is kinda shitty). Forza Michel :stuckup:

fuckin' Henry top scorer of Arsenal and now France... daaamn. Legendary status guaranteed.
There is this quote by Zidane where he says Henry is probably the best footballer ever to have entered a pitch. I have tried to google it but couldn't find the exact words. Even so, I tend to agree. Even though he may not have lead his country to a World Cup triumph like Pelé or Maradona and Zidane himself, in terms of pure skill and pace on the ball he's just ridiculous. Watching Henry in his prime during his Arsenal days, ripping the Premiership apart, was like watching a grown man come out to play with a bunch of kids on the backyard.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 25, 2006
Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has been fined 35,000 euros (US$49,990) for lashing out at Serbia player Ivica Dragutinovic at the end of last month’s Euro 2008 qualifier, the Portuguese Soccer Federation said on Friday.

The decision came after the appeals body at UEFA effectively reduced the Brazilian coach’s ban from four matches to three after he apologised for his “assault” on the Serb.

After missing the away wins over Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan this month, Scolari will also be sidelined for the home game against Armenia in November.

Scolari had also been fined 20,000 Swiss francs (US$17,080) by UEFA.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
New FIFA Rankings put Argentina in 1st place, Brasil 2nd, then Italy, followed by Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Prtugal, Czech, Croatia to round out the top ten. England have fallen to 11th place, with Scotland only 13th. I know its a rubbish system, just thought people might be interested.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
Top 9 European?

So that means us, France, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Portugal, Czech, Croatia, & England. At least we'll get an easier group than for the Euros!

Although Scots & Ukraine still miss out!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah, European.

At least Scotland will move from 4th to 2nd seeds which will give a better chance of qualifying.

Just need to overtake the English now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)