Official Euro 2008 Qualifier Thread (47 Viewers)

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #247
    That game sounded totally messed up. I thought it was still under review rather than a 3-0 victory for Sweden.

Boy, ManU has to be licking their chops. Nani was MOM against Belgium today.

Adzke

May 19, 2007
    Men vi skulle nog ha vunnit ändå, vi skulle ha fått straff i slutet hade matchen fortsatt.
    Ja, det havde I nok. Ikke desto mindre er det en skandale, og jeg håber et eller andet sted, det får konsekvenser for Danmark i form af karantæne eller andet.

Det må ikke kunne ske til en landskamp!

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
    Ja, det havde I nok. Ikke desto mindre er det en skandale, og jeg håber et eller andet sted, det får konsekvenser for Danmark i form af karantæne eller andet.

Det må ikke kunne ske til en landskamp!

Yeah well, y'all will probably have to play some of your home games with no audience, I find it unlikely there will be any point deduction though. It's sad that one drunken fool can ruin it all. Security was a joke though.

As for the game it's amazing how much our defence sucks nowdays. When you're 3-0 up, you're not supposed to almost lose the game (Tomasson shot)...
    A solid defence was always our signum and the sole reason we got through the qualifying stages every time. Luckily our great offence makes up for it.
    Forza Elmander, next big Swedish star. :excited: :party:

OP
    swag

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #253
    Armenia schooling Portugal, what the hell is going on :D
    Not the right thread, but yeah -- you got to hand it to Armenia. Three minutes into the match, you could tell that Armenia's strategy was to press until they scored the first goal, and Portugal's strategy was, "Wha?!?"

A deserved draw, though Armenia technically scored both goals in my book. If someone had to win, it should have been Armenia.

OP
    swag

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #255
    how did tiago and andrade go ? andrade got subbed ffs , was he that bad ?
    IMO, Andrade was that bad. Not that Armenia is known for their blazing speed in attack, but for the first real time since I've been watching Andrade for years, he was looking real slow yesterday. He was still using his skills to be clever and deflect balls and maneuver around players, but he was definitely getting beat in the speed factor. He didn't do anything that was going to result in a goal, but Armenia was clearly testing his abilities well.

Although Andrade was the last, late sub for Scolari, it was a good choice, IMO. I just hope Andrade was under the weather or something, because we cannot afford Andrade to be that slow against Serie A competition.

As for Tiago, I thought he had an OK game. He wasn't involved a ton, but that was due to Armenia's pressing defense and Portugal's inability to put more than 2-3 quality passes together. But he had a few really good touches where he did classic "Washing Machine" stuff: bad balls spun his way that he dug out of the ground and quickly redirected into something useful. Then his teammates would flub by passing it straight to an Armenian midfielder, but that wasn't his fault. :D

But in short, Tiago looked better than his usual play for the NT yesterday -- despite limited touches.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    IMO, Andrade was that bad. Not that Armenia is known for their blazing speed in attack, but for the first real time since I've been watching Andrade for years, he was looking real slow yesterday. He was still using his skills to be clever and deflect balls and maneuver around players, but he was definitely getting beat in the speed factor. He didn't do anything that was going to result in a goal, but Armenia was clearly testing his abilities well.

Although Andrade was the last, late sub for Scolari, it was a good choice, IMO. I just hope Andrade was under the weather or something, because we cannot afford Andrade to be that slow against Serie A competition.

As for Tiago, I thought he had an OK game. He wasn't involved a ton, but that was due to Armenia's pressing defense and Portugal's inability to put more than 2-3 quality passes together. But he had a few really good touches where he did classic "Washing Machine" stuff: bad balls spun his way that he dug out of the ground and quickly redirected into something useful. Then his teammates would flub by passing it straight to an Armenian midfielder, but that wasn't his fault. :D

But in short, Tiago looked better than his usual play for the NT yesterday -- despite limited touches.
    thanks for that mate, i really hope jorge just had an off day

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Belgium beats Serbia 3-2, and displayed some good football (that was long ago).

The youngsters proved they could rise the level of the team: Kompany of course, but remember the names of Mirallas, Defour and Dembélé. The latter is wanted by big clubs (including Chelsea) and would be worth 20 M €. Believe me, he isn't just hyped up!

Geof

May 14, 2004
    yeah I think Dembele could be an excellent replacement for Zalayeta but we should act fast cuz his price is rising rapidly
    He's already waaay to expensive to be a fifith striker and it would be a terrible move for him. I prefer him to develop slowly in a healthy atmosphere like AZ before joining a top club

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)