Official : Di Vaio sold to Valencia (8 Viewers)

Jul 28, 2002
zlatan, ferrari, mexes.....arent roma meant to be broke....what a nice mercato to do with no money..baldini must be smarter than moggi.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
But now we have room for a new striker........hopefully like Zlatan or Gila......keep our fingers crossed.......

Jan 30, 2004
It is icredibile, that we pay 20 Mio. € when Di Vaio comes from Parma. Juventus lost money on the Di vaio transfer to Valencia, but I´m happy that Marco is not in our team so far. He has some highlights during his Juventus time, but cannot play constant over a longer time.
Whatever, good luck in Valencia, Marco.

azizhen

Aug 18, 2003
Hi guys. Im making one of my rare posts again. Its another one of those issues that i cant keep to myself anymore.

I was reading an article about Gilardino making a shock anouncement that he was gonna sign an extension with Parma. The shock is apparently because everyone thought that Parma had to sell him in order to ease their financial woes. And this just baffles me. Ok, firstly, im not naive or anything and I know that clubs have heavy wages to pay and all these other expenses. But here goes: HOW DO PARMA MANAGE TO BE IN FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES AFTER THE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MONEY THEY RECIEVE FROM TRANSFER FEES EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

I mean they make these big money sales all the time. Think about it. Juve are the biggest culprits for giving them money. Lets start with Crespo's sale. World record sale. Then there was Thuram. Then there was Buffon - world record for goalkeeper and cost even more than crespo. Then there's Mutu. Then they sell DiViao for like 20 mil and im sure they didnt buy another player for twenty mill. Then Cannavaro. And there are more that i cant remember. PARMA IS AN ENIGMA.

They produce great players all the time and make LOADS of money off them and at the same time ease up their wage structure by letting go of big names that earn big wages. And i never hear of Parma spending big on other players. But somehow they manage to stay in financial difficulty. This cant go on forever. They must have some plan in place. They even finished high up the tabel this time and im sure there is some cash incentive for that.

Here is how i sum up Parma: Produce great players, sell great players for major money even though transfer market has collapsed, play good football and do well in seria a, stay in financial difficulty somehow.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azizhen ] ++
Hi guys. Im making one of my rare posts again. Its another one of those issues that i cant keep to myself anymore.

I was reading an article about Gilardino making a shock anouncement that he was gonna sign an extension with Parma. The shock is apparently because everyone thought that Parma had to sell him in order to ease their financial woes. And this just baffles me. Ok, firstly, im not naive or anything and I know that clubs have heavy wages to pay and all these other expenses. But here goes: HOW DO PARMA MANAGE TO BE IN FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES AFTER THE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MONEY THEY RECIEVE FROM TRANSFER FEES EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

I mean they make these big money sales all the time. Think about it. Juve are the biggest culprits for giving them money. Lets start with Crespo's sale. World record sale. Then there was Thuram. Then there was Buffon - world record for goalkeeper and cost even more than crespo. Then there's Mutu. Then they sell DiViao for like 20 mil and im sure they didnt buy another player for twenty mill. Then Cannavaro. And there are more that i cant remember. PARMA IS AN ENIGMA.

They produce great players all the time and make LOADS of money off them and at the same time ease up their wage structure by letting go of big names that earn big wages. And i never hear of Parma spending big on other players. But somehow they manage to stay in financial difficulty. This cant go on forever. They must have some plan in place. They even finished high up the tabel this time and im sure there is some cash incentive for that.

Here is how i sum up Parma: Produce great players, sell great players for major money even though transfer market has collapsed, play good football and do well in seria a, stay in financial difficulty somehow.
LOL they are in financial difficulty because their mayor shareholders and owners Parmalat we fiddling their books, Millions and millions of pounds went missing. Basically the heads of Parmalat were taking money out of their company without declaring it meaning that they were stealing money out of the clubs hands forcing the club into debt, there was a massive court case about this a while ago and because parma relied so heavilly on Parmalat they went into administration because of this. Hope that answers ur question about how they r in debt, if u wanna know more make another post :D

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by azizhen ] ++

I think your question has been answered but just to reinforce a belief I've had for a while. Why don't we just buy the Parma scouts? I mean they unearth talent after talent year in year out ....

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++

I think your question has been answered but just to reinforce a belief I've had for a while. Why don't we just buy the Parma scouts? I mean they unearth talent after talent year in year out ....
I dont know how parma always seem to manage to get the best young players, its just not fair

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
Di Vaio replacement wanted Thursday 22 July, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus boss Fabio Capello has asked the club to sign a new striker after the sale of Marco Di Vaio.

The Italian has joined Spanish champions Valencia which has left the Bianconeri a man short in attack.

"He had a good offer which he considered and then accepted," said the tactician. "Valencia are an excellent side. Now I hope that we get somebody in to replace him."

Capello made the plea after the Bianconeri won their latest pre-season friendly, 3-1 against Serie B side Genoa.

"I really liked our first half performance," he added. "We are improving and there is a great desire to do well from everybody.

"I made a few changes to the starting side as a couple of players are having a few physical problems."

The Old Lady finished the first half 2-0 up after goals from Olivier Kapo and a splendid free-kick by Fabrizio Miccoli.

Matteo Brighi, rumoured to be on his way to Brescia, added a third in the 76th minute before Tosto got one back ten minutes from time.

Meanwhile, transfer guru Luciano Moggi has commented on any developments in their bid to sign Emerson from Roma.

"We can even wait until after the Champions’ League preliminaries to sign him," he said. "But expect some surprises…"

----

I love the last sentence....

May 28, 2004
Gilardino is Juve objective

Juventus have decided to fill the void left by the sale of Marco Di Vaio with Parma sensation Alberto Gilardino.

The Italian has joined Valencia this week which has conveniently freed up an attacking spot at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

Reports in Italy suggest that the Old Lady of Italian football have wasted little time in making contact with the Gialloblu.

A call is believed to have been made on Wednesday, as now seems to be the perfect time to strike for the Under-21 international.

Although Parma would like to extend Gilardino’s contract that runs out in 2006, the player is set to reject the chance of renewing his deal until 2009.

Gilardino is hoping to move onto a bigger club with the likes of Roma and Real Madrid also keen on him.

The former Piacenza youngster is set to hold talks with Parma today where he is expected to make his feelings known.

There could be some important developments regarding the striker’s future in the very near future.

Meanwhile, Matteo Ferrari seems to have played his last game for Parma. He was training with Roma this morning even if he’s still to officially be signed by the Giallorossi.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Mike Da Don ] ++

LOL they are in financial difficulty because their mayor shareholders and owners Parmalat we fiddling their books. Millions and millions of pounds went missing. Basically the heads of Parmalat were taking money out of their company without declaring it meaning that they were stealing money out of the clubs hands forcing the club into debt there was a massive court case about this a while ago and because parma relied so heavilly on Parmalat they went into administration because of this. Hope that answers ur question about how they r in debt
if u wanna know more make another post :D
So Parma actually got robbed? I knew there was a scandal, but I never realised Parma got robbed..

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
yea it was something like tht where the heads of parmalat were taking money wich basically effected parma because they were relying on the money tht wasnt there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)