Official Cricket thread (2 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
We need to get them out QUICK. Time is against us. Hopefully we'll go into bat with a 150-200 run lead.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck I love test cricket.

- - - Updated - - -

I can see Englands tail doing really well here and ruining the party.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Big test of Clarke's leadership coming up. He needs to know when to declare or England will definitely play for the draw. Need to give them a realistic target to chase.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Aye, nice to see Australia get enough runs to make a Test interesting.

Shame that the weather and England's slow over rate is likely to ensure there isn't enough time to get a result.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Just realised that the Ashes in Australia is only a few months away. Awkward.
Yeah, what's with that? I thought the ashes took place every couple of years and we shared hosting.. @Red ?
Aye, nice to see Australia get enough runs to make a Test interesting.

Shame that the weather and England's slow over rate is likely to ensure there isn't enough time to get a result.
It will take some incredible bowling for us to win this test match. Stopping play for 'poor light' just another thing going the brits way. No point in trying to make any more runs I think anyway though. We need the whole day. I expect to see plenty of obvious time wasting, with two tests in their pocket its going to be a shame to see englands unsportsmanlike behavior result in a draw. Australia 10 years ago would have played to win.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Crappy circumstances, but it was most probable anyway.

Australia have made it interesting in this test, at least for the last two and then off Down Under.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
We should have a much better chance on home soil. Our wickets are generally a lot more similar to this old trafford pitch. Hopefully this test gives us a good idea going forward. We need to pick a consistent 11 to start growing and I think Darren Lehmann as coach is the right move for us.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah, what's with that? I thought the ashes took place every couple of years and we shared hosting.. @Red ?
I'm sure I will have seen an explanation for the odd scheduling at some point, but I can't remember what it was.

Edit: Apparently the back-to-back Ashes series have come about because of Australia hosting the 2015 World Cup in February of March that year and the authorities wanting to spread the big events out a little rather than having an Ashes series in Australia running straight into a World Cup in Australia.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2011/jan/28/england-australia-ashes-2013-cricket

I expect to see plenty of obvious time wasting, with two tests in their pocket its going to be a shame to see englands unsportsmanlike behavior result in a draw. Australia 10 years ago would have played to win.
Yeah, England, for all they are one of the best sides around and clearly better than Australia, still don't have anything like the mentality of a truly great side.

Cook hasn't been this out of form in quite some time.
Same goes for Trott.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)