Official Cannavaro's gone Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
Juve 100%...I'm struggling with the same dark side thoughts about Canna. I adore this player and feel so let down by his leaving :cry: :cry: Leaving both Juve and Italy. To me he is the quintessential Italian and I can't imagine him being so happy in Spain.

The rational side of me knows it's the best for him...he is a champion and needs to have the opportunity to win in the last few years of his playing days. I also feel that Juve "could not" keep him, afford him, whatever and he was also betrayed by Moggi & Co. Personally I think he was out of choices. After all do we know that Juve begged him to stay, offered him the same money etc. Right now Juve needs money and they are selling the only assets they have to sell...their best players.

The other side of me dies at seeing him in a Real jersey (a friend of mine sent me a picture of him wearing it) and although I want Canna to do well and be happy I don't want Real to do well...and hence the conflict I'm trying to resolve in my head and heart.

And...after all he is still the Capitano of the Azzurri which is the team of my heart and I will be forever grateful that he led so well and that they won the World Cup and I look forward to seeing them play and win Euro 2008!

@Andy....

I checked with my cable co and woo hoo I have added both Gol TV and Fox Soccer Channel for only an additional $5 a month!!! Thanks for the heads-up. Between RAI and these new channels I should have plenty of soccer to keep me happy...now only if Juve goes back to Serie A....

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
That's just crazy, we are seeing Cannavaro in a real madrid kit while Gigli is saying that the Cannavaro and Emersondeal isn't fully completed yet...

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
AzzurriGirl said:
@Andy....

I checked with my cable co and woo hoo I have added both Gol TV and Fox Soccer Channel for only an additional $5 a month!!! Thanks for the heads-up. Between RAI and these new channels I should have plenty of soccer to keep me happy...now only if Juve goes back to Serie A....
It may be different next year due to us being in serie B, but last year gol tv showed basically every single Juve game live, and replayed later in the day (excluding champions league).

FSC will never show juve, but you'll get plenty of premiership action, and news shows that will cover calcio as well.

(either way, it would be crazy not to pay only 60$ a year if you're a football fan)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Sir Sebastian said:
I really can't understand the anti-Canna feelings :confused:

What would you do in his position?
Although I dont hate him and neither dislike him, I have more of a neutral feeling regarding him. But what I do believe is that his comments regarding of how he will stay with us in serie B e.t.c were totally not right to say, to lift some of the team and fans up only to bring them down doesnt help.. and of course his signed for..

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Sure Real doesn't get favoritism from the referees.

The irony!

Personally, I appreciate all the services he provided us for past 2 years. He has been a true Juventini in the short time as many other legends.
And I wish Canna best of luck on the personal level, he has always been my favorite defender, and I kind of feel bad writing him off couple of years ago.
However, I just cannot support Canna at the playing field. Capello & Real combination is just too strong to resist.:pint: :pint:

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
Let me be clear...I' not anti-Canna. I'm only anti-Canna with Real :cry:

I'm trying to support his decision and look at it objectively...that I'm failing miserably to do so is another story.

I don't think of him now as white or black and white.

For me he will always be blue ... as in Azzurri.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
AzzurriGirl said:
Let me be clear...I' not anti-Canna. I'm only anti-Canna with Real :cry:

I'm trying to support his decision and look at it objectively...that I'm failing miserably to do so is another story.

I don't think of him now as white or black and white.

For me he will always be blue ... as in Azzurri.
Well,AzzurriGirl,many of us feel the same,but we must go on.The worst thing is that Buffon may leave too.:sad:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think we needed to replace Canna eventually anyway, given his age. And if we can get good money for him, great.

But if this is what it sounds like, Real Madrid should be under some serious UEFA dung right now if they are signing players before they are allowed to. Teams can be banned from trading and pay heavy fines if this turns out to be the case.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Sir Sebastian said:
I really can't understand the anti-Canna feelings :confused:

What would you do in his position?

since when are fans rational, if we were we wouldnt be fans in the first place. Face it, the guy leaves Juve at its worst moment in its 100 some year history we aint throwing petals thats for sure...

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Altair said:
since when are fans rational, if we were we wouldnt be fans in the first place. Face it, the guy leaves Juve at its worst moment in its 100 some year history we aint throwing petals thats for sure...

Then why am I able to remain semi-rational? Don't try and tell me I'm not a fan either.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
swag said:
I think we needed to replace Canna eventually anyway, given his age. And if we can get good money for him, great.

But if this is what it sounds like, Real Madrid should be under some serious UEFA dung right now if they are signing players before they are allowed to. Teams can be banned from trading and pay heavy fines if this turns out to be the case.
For me Canna is unvalueable. Priceless. Even at this age, he is still the best defender in the world.
I have not enough word to describe when he leaved us.

I hope rm get banned, pay heavy fines, and they should return Canna back to us. :smoke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)