OFFICIAL: Bundesliga better than Serie A (2 Viewers)

Apr 12, 2004
Italy loses Champions League Place

The number of Champions League places allocated to clubs in Serie A will be reduced to just three from the start of the 2012-13 season.

Despite Inter's victory in the competition last year poor performances in general from Italian clubs over the last decade has seen their co-efficient ranking plummet.

Inter, Roma and Milan all lost the home legs of their Champions League knock out ties this month, making the prospect of any Italian team reaching the Quarter-Finals slim to none.

The distance between Italy and Germany in the co-efficient rankings is now too big to recover and in two years' time the team that finishes third in Serie A will have to go through the preliminary stages to reach the Champions League outright.

There are also ramifications for participation in the Europa League, as from 2012-13 the team that finishes sixth in Serie A will stay at home.

http://www.football-italia.net/feb25k.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Garganese :thumbs: and i don't understand why did they take one CL place from Italy if they are playing much better than Germany in this competition? Europa league? Yes, i agree Bunde teams doing better there, but why Italian top teams should suffer because of Serie A mediocres teams? If i were one of UEFA guys who are carying about it, i'd would take one EL place from Italy and give it to Bunde.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Italy deserves to lose the spots, but Serie A is obviously the better league from top to bottom.

I will say this, though. The Italians have quite a lot of learn from the Germans. If they keep heading down this same path, with FIGC implementing idiotic restrictions like the one non-EU rule and do not revamp the stadia, then the Bundesliga will be head and shoulders above Serie A in everything.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Italy deserves to lose the spots, but Serie A is obviously the better league from top to bottom.

I will say this, though. The Italians have quite a lot of learn from the Germans. If they keep heading down this same path, with FIGC implementing idiotic restrictions like the one non-EU rule and do not revamp the stadia, then the Bundesliga will be head and shoulders above Serie A in everything.
But the Azzurri will prosper. :weee:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Good post. They also need to improve their overall mentality.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But the Azzurri will prosper. :weee:
I'll take the opposite view on that one. These silly restrictions, like many regulations, only harm competition in the long run. Sure, more Italians will play on the larger clubs, but this will do little for player development at an early age. If the FIGC was serious about the talent issue for the Azzurri, they'd create a reserves league where the younger players could get playing time at their own clubs instead of being loaned like whores across the peninsula. 19 year-olds would play against the Brocchis of the land in a semi-competitive match and all will be wonderful.

Really, the FIGC is one of the most moronic bodies in world football.

May 22, 2007
Are most of the stadiums in Germany privately owned?

This has nothing to do with the question but the atmosphere in most of those stadiums seems a lot better than in Italy, I'm also curious at how they managed to create this? I know the ticket prices are stupidly low and fans threaten to boycott games due to rises.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'll take the opposite view on that one. These silly restrictions, like many regulations, only harm competition in the long run. Sure, more Italians will play on the larger clubs, but this will do little for player development at an early age. If the FIGC was serious about the talent issue for the Azzurri, they'd create a reserves league where the younger players could get playing time at their own clubs instead of being loaned like whores across the peninsula. 19 year-olds would play against the Brocchis of the land in a semi-competitive match and all will be wonderful.

Really, the FIGC is one of the most moronic bodies in world football.
Hasn't exactly worked that way for England.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006

This has nothing to do with the question but the atmosphere in most of those stadiums seems a lot better than in Italy, I'm also curious at how they managed to create this? I know the ticket prices are stupidly low and fans threaten to boycott games due to rises.
yes

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #19

Well, also, all, repeat ALL of their games are either sellouts or they are at a minimum of 90% capacity or some shit.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    It might be worth it to analyze the macroeconomic situation in the Eurozone as well. Italy is in very bad shape economically, about in the same league as Spain, while Germany is really the only bright spot economy in the EU. As these nations continue to slide off the sovereign credit crisis cliff, football revenue will obviously be on the wane as more individuals feel the pain on the streets.

Italy credit default swaps still holding its uptrend. Not a good sign for them.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=CITLY1U5:IND

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)