OFFICIAL: Barca Snatch Thuram And Zambrotta (1 Viewer)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Geof said:
you don't have a clue do you?
Juve is clearly the weaker side in the negociations. It was clear that both players wanted to leave, and would accept Barca.
In this condition, we could not afford to have them stay. Their huge salaries and their broken moral would have hurt us a lot more.

u do know there are such things as negotiation skills? or rejecting offers hoping that someone will come up with a bigger. its not like zambo and thuram is short of suiters, i.e from chelsea, as gigli said - we will not be forced to sell. gianni agnelli must be turning in his grave over this ridiculous robbery

Buy on AliExpress.com

MagicAardvark

Jul 20, 2006
I agree to an extent the prices we got for our players were rediculous. If we had rejected those offers and held out for a set price how long would it take chelsea to pounce and flassh all the big cash and snap them up.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
Badass Devil said:
u do know there are such things as negotiation skills? or rejecting offers hoping that someone will come up with a bigger. its not like zambo and thuram is short of suiters, i.e from chelsea, as gigli said - we will not be forced to sell. gianni agnelli must be turning in his grave over this ridiculous robbery
why r u getting so angry we will suffer about 200 million euros losses because we will not play in ucl for two SeaSons and sponSporship contracts which might be terminated

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Badass Devil said:
you telling me that we sold zambo for around 11.5 mill, when we got him for 10 mill, sorry secco market value? this is the true footballing world, not fm zambo was worth easily 18 mill sterling, secco ur starting to p*ss me off, i feel betrayed by u alredi.
i thought we bought zambro for 7m? And Geof is right, juve is the weaker side when it came to the 4 transfers that were made.

I think that secco will only have the upper hand when it comes to the transfer of Trezi, as there was already a statement that he is staying.

And i didnt know that Gianni Angelli(god rest his soul), was involved much in the transfers.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
serfaraaz said:
why r u getting so angry we will suffer about 200 million euros losses because we will not play in ucl for two SeaSons and sponSporship contracts which might be terminated

our mega sponsorship deal with tamoil still stands, and our tv deal is being renegotiated, though we wont lose it.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
sateeh said:
i thought we bought zambro for 7m? And Geof is right, juve is the weaker side when it came to the 4 transfers that were made.

I think that secco will only have the upper hand when it comes to the transfer of Trezi, as there was already a statement that he is staying.

And i didnt know that Gianni Angelli(god rest his soul), was involved much in the transfers.
unfortunatly his everlasting soul is not bringing much luck to the club right now, though more to ferrari :(

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Badass Devil said:
unfortunatly his everlasting soul is not bringing much luck to the club right now, though more to ferrari :(
well at least ferrari r doing well :D

anyway given the circumstances the young secco has done well.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
Badass Devil said:
our mega sponsorship deal with tamoil still stands, and our tv deal is being renegotiated, though we wont lose it.
our tv deal is the main problems from earning 100 million euros we would earn only 12 millin euros

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
my favourite Juve player is gone (Zambro that is), altho i am a bit surprised by his lack of loyalty. oh well, there isnt such thing anymore is there...

wish them all the best....

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
kaizer said:
my favourite Juve player is gone (Zambro that is), altho i am a bit surprised by his lack of loyalty. oh well, there isnt such thing anymore is there...

wish them all the best....
I kinda get what u sayin. It's not like I'm not thankful for the marvellous service Zambro has given us since 99 - it has been brilliant BUT, I cant say I was pleased with the way he clearly and quickly indicated he wouldnt stay. Him, Emerson and Thuram were probabaly the first people to talk about jumping ship.

I know this whole business about respecting their decision but I somewhat didnt expect him to do that in the way he did, though I expected it from Emo especially and to a lesser extent, Thuram. On the other hand, one may argue that they were at least honest with the fans about their intentions unlike Canna.......Any way, arrivaderci 19 and 21

beto'92

Jul 20, 2006
they stabbed us in the back and were gonna get some more of that in the next few days. we can only hope that our other players decide to stick by us.

My Way

Jul 22, 2006
Juve duo delight Rijkaard Saturday 22 July, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona boss Frank Rijkaard says he’s delighted with the captures of Gianluca Zambrotta and Lilian Thuram from Juventus.

The pair joined the club on Friday after a £13m fee was accepted by the demoted Italian club and the Dutchman is content with his latest reinforcements.

"In theory, we were quite happy with the side as it was, but we could not ignore the opportunities that came up,” he told the club’s website.

“Barca have signed two players who will have something to contribute and that's good because the season is long.

"There are lots of games and with these two players we now have enough for our new adventure.

"Zambrotta is a great player. He has played at the highest level for many years. He can play on either side, works hard and will have a lot to offer.

“There is not much to say about Thuram, as a player he has won everything and that's important for a team like ours that plays at a high level with people who know exactly what they want the squad to do out on the pitch to guarantee those successes.”

Rijkaard, a former Milan legend, was also quick to dismiss claims that the 34-year-old Thuram is past his best.

"That's not the case for me,” he stated. “Sports stars look after themselves and do all they can to stay at peak fitness.

“People like that are very important to have in the dressing room and out there on the pitch. And Thuram is a person like that.”

Jul 12, 2002
My Way said:
Juve duo delight Rijkaard Saturday 22 July, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona boss Frank Rijkaard says he’s delighted with the captures of Gianluca Zambrotta and Lilian Thuram from Juventus.
I'm delighted too. Zambro at Barca, dream come true. :agree:

timeover

Nov 6, 2004
Ian said:
I'm delighted too. Zambro at Barca, dream come true. :agree:

IF It it Dream, I had a night mare...:sick:

I understand Zambo and Thuram:It's hard decision for them, and football career is too short....
but It's sad..:cry:
they did not wrong , and some players not leaving is great and sacrifice themselves to team and fans..

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Remember the Spanish saying Italian football sucked....I guess it wasen't that bad hey?(Maresca, Tacchinardi, Thuram, Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Emerson...).

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
mark77 said:
Remember the Spanish saying Italian football sucked....I guess it wasen't that bad hey?(Maresca, Tacchinardi, Thuram, Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Emerson...).
Maybe Italian football sucked...but not Juventus football. :eyebrows:

SingJuveSing

juvuntuzdotcum iz awsum
Jan 14, 2006
i tell what to d necro, i have freind america neer san fran and he like not the red necro when he say that word whitey run like chink around rice to go crazyman we we we go run run like track, south korea want be us, but nooooooo, they too greet america when tey agree teell him not go but new YORK i say he went south to atlanta miami sout carolina and he come home Xiangang he went to tell his leftovers he cant play cause he work dojo in china city near pakistan they go HELL when i say and i tell bruce lee soul come dump dump numchuck on there little legs and they CRY CRY about how to not do it but YES i tell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)