OFFICIAL: Barca Snatch Thuram And Zambrotta (2 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
EDIT:

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/eng/noticias/noticias/n06072018.shtml

affanculo

Thuram and Zambrotta sign for Barca

FC Barcelona has reached an agreement with Juventus for the transfer of Lilian Thuram and Gianluca Zambrotta. Thuram has signed a two-year contract while Zambrotta has committed himself for the next four years.

This Thursday, Thuram and Zambrotta became the latest additions to the Barca squad for the 2006-07 season following on from Eidur Gudjohnsen's move from Chelsea earlier in the summer. The former Juventus stars were two of the outstanding players in the recently finished World Cup and were included in the tournament's best eleven.

Thuram and Zambrotta, together with the rest of the Barca squad who took part in the World Cup, will join up with the team for the tour of Mexico and the United States.

Barcelona took the lead in the race to land Zambrotta and other Juventus players yesterday, as a high-level team landed in Turin and held a summit with Juve, even as Chelsea and Real Madrid continued to use intermediaries and the telephone.

There were discussions over Thuram and Zambrotta, and a casual enquiry about Trezeguet, as Technical Director Txiki Begiristain and Vice-President (Finance) Ferran Soriano met the Juve bosses.

Juventus are reportedly happy with Barca's direct and open approach, and keen to strike a deal.

They also seem to have indicated that all other things being equal, they would prefer Barcelona's offer over letting their players move to rivals Milan, or allowing Capello to "come back to fish in Turin," in the words of president Gigli.

Juve bosses also named their price for the players, asking for 20 million Euros for Thuram and Zambrotta, and the same amount for Trezeguet.

However, Barcelona are keen to land Thuram, 34, on a free transfer, and reportedly put down 15 for the two defenders. They also offered loan deals for Zambrotta and Trezeguet, should Juve want to keep the players on their rolls.

The two sides are set for another meeting today, and Barca have also been allowed to speak with the players' agents, to help facilitate the process.

Real Madrid and Chelsea seem to have been caught off guard by this move, as most of their contact had been through intermediaries so far. Expect some serious acticity on their part over the next couple of days, particularly given their interest in Zambrotta. Real, in particular, are set to send Sporting Director Pedja Mijatovic to Turin today.

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoId=96103

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Thuram can move to Chinbok Dragons for all I care, but it would be nice if we could work out some lucrative deal with Barca instead of Capello's Madrid hogging all the players and stealing them away from us. I think our transfer policy should be to not relinquish any of our players to that rat bastard unless Calderon offers a ridiculous amount of money for them. Screw Real and Capello over to high hell.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Zambro on a 1 year deal to Barca works for me. And I love how, Juve despite being down are still powerful enough to screw over Capello after his unethical tactics. Best way to get Capello sacked from his job: offer Barca your best players to whip Madrid. I like. I like. :D

OP
Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4
    baggio said:
    Zambro on a 1 year deal to Barca works for me. And I love how, Juve despite being down are still powerful enough to screw over Capello after his unethical tactics. Best way to get Capello sacked from his job: offer Barca your best players to whip Madrid. I like. I like. :D
    We all do Baggio:D

Jul 28, 2002
    I like the idea of this....sell cann rambo and co to barca...give them even more firepower agaisnt the evil that is Real.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    I love the Juve management, how they handle things...

and barca bieng another favored club by me, its great to see how much respect Barca has for Juventus despite the current difficulties.

I mean comming over, and offering options such as a loan deal? Man that is a big help for us.

Barca can have their Dream team for a year and I pray they kick everyone's Asses!! Go Barca....

I hope, with whatever hope is left, they also beat Real to the punch with Cannavaro!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    It would be nice if we can negotiate in getting some of barcas youth stars in return, atleast on a loan. Barca has shown a great character and to be honest if theres any other club I would like to see zambro at is Barca. Thuram can rot in EPL as far as I care.

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #9
    Barcelona have reportedly sneaked ahead of Chelsea and Real Madrid in the race to snap up Juve’s want-away stars.

Two representatives from the Spanish giants arrived in Turin yesterday and discussed a possible move for Lilian Thuram and Gianluca Zambrotta.

It has been suggested that Juve would rather sell to the Catalan club than allow Fabio Capello to lure the Bianconeri’s key players to the Bernabeu.

Juve are said to be demanding around £13.5m for the defensive pair of Thuram and Zambrotta and a similar fee for the services of David Trezeguet.

All eyes will now be on Chelsea and Real Madrid who have also expressed an interest in Zambrotta. Real director Predrag Mijatovic is due to fly to Turin on Thursday.

Channel4

This story seems to be cropping up everywhere,personally i hope Chelsea up the ante & offer Juve a ridiculous amonut of money for Zambrotta.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Byrone said:
    This story seems to be cropping up everywhere,personally i hope Chelsea up the ante & offer Juve a ridiculous amonut of money for Zambrotta.
    But Zambrotta has already said he won't go to Chelsea...

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
    Del Piero: Nedved will stay to help Juve

Alessandro del Piero claims Pavel Nedved, a reported target for Tottenham, is ready to stay with Juventus despite the club's relegation to Serie B following a match-fixing scandal.

Del Piero has already indicated his intention to stay with the Turin club, who will also start next season with a 30-point deduction, and Juve sporting director Alessio Secco revealed: 'Del Piero has told me that he and Nedved will definitely remain at the club.'

Secco also claimed Real Madrid will have to increase their offer if they wish to sign Fabio Cannavaro, Emerson and Gianluca Zambrotta. Juve have turned down a reported £20.5million bid for the trio.

Secco added: 'We will meet with them again in the next few days to continue to negotiate.

'We are willing to sell players as long as we receive adequate offers.'

Juve are hoping to see their punishment reduced having appealed against Friday's verdict to the Federal Court in order to have a chance to return to Serie A in the 2007-08 season.

linkhere

this is great news.. hope more of them stay.
    FORZA JUVE!!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    It's a good choice. Del Piero and Nedved are supreme examples for our younger players. It's a shame Thuram doesn't want to stick around, we'd have a champion in every position.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    great news, let them go to barca so they scew madrid over.

hope we get Dos Santos on loan from barca and the captain of their youth team looks promising mybe we could get him too.

unless ofcourse calderon offers double the barca offer :D, then we could throw zebina or free

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    nedved and del piero were the first on my list to stay,and im glad that they are staying.i was also expecting thuram to stay because of his age,but i guess that wont happen.

but hey,two of the juve's crowd favourites are reportedly staying.thats brilliant news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)