Official: Balzaretti é juventino (1 Viewer)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
So mark who do you think will be leaving next? Chiellini or Balzaretti? Does this mean we are getting Cassano? You don't favour that move do you?

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
lol, another one of my look out for him posts

great palyer, can play LB or RB.

:thumb:

My guess is that Chiellini could possibly leave now.
And Miguel probably wouldn't be here as well.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Bianconeri bag Balzaretti Wednesday 17 August, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus have signed their second player of the day, as out of contract Torino defender Federico Balzaretti crosses the city divide.

23-year-old left-back Balzaretti was a free agent following the financial collapse of the Granata and has joined their arch rivals in order to stay in Serie A. He was also tracked by Lazio, Roma and Sampdoria and spent the last three seasons at Torino.

“I am happy that Christian Abbiati has arrived and I must say that Milan patron Silvio Berlusconi was very generous,” said Coach Fabio Capello of today’s loan deal for the goalkeeper. “We must thank him for allowing us to find a great shot-stopper free of charge. I am also satisfied with Balzaretti’s signature, as he was one of our transfer objectives.”

Abbiati was loaned to Juventus after Gianluigi Buffon suffered a serious shoulder injury during an accidental clash with Milan star Kaka in Sunday’s Trofeo Berlusconi encounter.

“We players know these things can happen, but I am very upset that it has injured Buffon, someone I admire a great deal,” said Kaka. “I am close to him and hope he’ll be back on the field soon. I didn’t want to hurt him and I think he knows that.”

It was the latest in a long line of setbacks that have hit the reigning Champions of Italy this summer, as Alessandro Birindelli is out for six months with a knee injury.

“Our real regret is the number of injuries we’ve suffered pre-season,” added Capello. “Mauro Camoranesi has barely played at all, while Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Pavel Nedved are resting after picking up knocks. I only hope we’ve already had our share of bad luck.”

In other transfer news, Napoli have signed Venezia defender Ruben Maldonado. The player was at the centre of controversy this summer as Genoa claimed the £170,000 cash in a suitcase given to Venezia director Giuseppe Pagliara was an advance on Maldonado’s signature – a deal the Paraguayan said he was totally unaware of. The Rossoblu were convicted of fixing their match with Venezia and demoted to Serie C1.

Genoa have captured Messina striker Igor Zaniolo – who spent last season on loan at Salernitana – and taken the Sicilian club’s director of sport Mariano Fabiani.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Balzaretti will be nothing more than a backup obviously, but I'm concerned about the level of quality Moggi is going for.

In any case I'm perfectly happy with Birindelli and Pessotto.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
dont count out zambrotta moving to left wing as nedved is always injured these days. capello may be worried and has opted for chiellini and balzaretti as the left backs for the season.

OR

Could zambrotta be moving to right back?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
dont count out zambrotta moving to left wing as nedved is always injured these days. capello may be worried and has opted for chiellini and balzaretti as the left backs for the season.

OR

Could zambrotta be moving to right back?
Balzaretti can play on the right and left.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
He's just Birindelli's replacement while he is injured, just like Abbiati replaces Buffon. He was free and available, that's why we signed him.

Mindcandy

Aug 4, 2005
Press conference details anyone?

I think Balzaretti is either going to be used in a transfer swop or more likely be used as understudy to Chiellini. I think Zambrotta will either switch to right back or take a more attacking role.

Miguel will either be announced as a Juventus player today or, more likely, will be a closed file.

If Miguel is signed then young Balzaretti will be moved on somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)