Official Azzurri WC2014 Thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Gazzetta is predicting that Italy will see a lot of new faces come September for the Euro '16 Qualifiers.

Mattia Destro, El Shaarawy, Florenzi, Simone Zaza, Domenico Berardi, Manolo Gabbiadini, Angelo Ogbonna, Giacomo Bonaventura, Davide Astori, Romulo, Daniele Rugani, Davide Zappacosta, Federico Bernardeschi and Daniele Baselli.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
SES won't be anywhere near the squad unless he starts the season with about 8 goals. Also, it's too early for some of those latter kids.

Romulo would have gone to the WC but for injury, so he'll be there.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Gazzetta is predicting that Italy will see a lot of new faces come September for the Euro '16 Qualifiers.

Mattia Destro, El Shaarawy, Florenzi, Simone Zaza, Domenico Berardi, Manolo Gabbiadini, Angelo Ogbonna, Giacomo Bonaventura, Davide Astori, Romulo, Daniele Rugani, Davide Zappacosta, Federico Bernardeschi and Daniele Baselli.
I think that's their wishful thinking. I can't see a new coach coming in and willing to use so many young players. He'll maybe try out half of those and that would be it.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
IMO Prandelli is a total disaster, mate, and he has massive faults on this Italy poor showing. One of the spinelessest coaches at high levels in the history of the NT, even Donadoni had more guts than him. He's been working here for 4 years, and was not able to give sureness in any aspect; not a proven module, not proven starters, not a proven mentality, not a proven idea of how to play. He's been here for 4 years, had the approval of everyone, and wasn't able to put a single $#@! together. His subs are mindless, he can't motivate the players properly. I mean, he's just a nice personality but that's not enough for that. He never won nothing in his career, despite of having an high-quality Fiorentina, he reach the CL only twice with them in 5 years in a period where italian football was even worse than the actual one, and I strongly think he never will, except for some Coppa Italia or meaningless cup maybe. Yeah, he got great results at the Euros, but there's really few of him in that, really few; prove of that is the fact that, after being able to hold Spain very well in the group stage with the 3-5-2 and being able to beat them, finding them again in the final he chose to play with the back 4 and conceded... 4. That's one of the worst decisions in the recent history of football, given the history in the group stage. That's what Prandelli is. A nice guy that deserves respect for the passion in his work, but that's it.
you are right, plus I don't think he's coming back. So who next Mancini? As for his great results in the Euro, if you think about it, we only played one good game in that tournament, the game vs Germany where Balotelli had the game of his life. Every other game was not very convincing. It really killed me at our approach vs Costa Rica, the one man attack, playing scared against them and then the Uruguay mess where he took out all our attacking ability (not that we were attacking) and then was stuck when they scored. Really killed me inside to go out like this again after 2010, I really had high hopes that we could make a nice showing. I hope the next president and coach are forward thinking ppl and bring us back to the elite level of the international game by the Euros.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
so basically FIFA is showing their incompetence again! He should have been red carded. All the ref had to do is look at Chiellini's shoulder for proof to red card him . As much as we screwed ourselves by losing to Costa Rica and totally sucking the Mejikan ref screwed us just as bad.
This is worse than a red card.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011

No Rossi again? shoot me! lol but hey, I hope they don't call Pirlo. As much as I love him I don't think he should be on the team going forward. If the project is to be good again and contend for the next Euro or WC he shouldn't play at his age. Stick to Juve and let's win a CL before you retire Andrea, leave the NT for the new generation!

- - - Updated - - -

This is worse than a red card.
not for the Azzurri. A red card changes the whole complexion of that game, makes it 10vs10 and that goal may not have happened because Uruguay were going to be demoralized. I could give a rat's ass about his suspension now, I guess I will only care if we end up playing Liverpool in the group stages of the CL. But knowing FIFA they will probably reduce the ban to a few games, they're pathetic like that!

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
No Rossi again? shoot me! lol but hey, I hope they don't call Pirlo. As much as I love him I don't think he should be on the team going forward. If the project is to be good again and contend for the next Euro or WC he shouldn't play at his age. Stick to Juve and let's win a CL before you retire Andrea, leave the NT for
Actually they mention Rossi will lead the attack from now on.

Apr 12, 2004

All dem niggaz sound like they came out a Chef Boyardee can.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Now that the group stages are all but over, anyone against closing this thread and reopening the general Azzurri discussion thread under Internationals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)