Official Azzurri WC2014 Thread (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2014
Brutal :D

Just hope De Sciglio and Barzagli recover ASAP.
yes, de sciglio needs to be here in order to push chiellini back to CB. It was a rather surprisingly underpar performance by paletta.
But think about it, maybe it would be good if Bonucci and barzagli played in CB. then Chiellini stays in LB. Because this would allow us to easily change to 3-5-2, which chiellini barza bonbon have become so familiar and successful with.

The most important thing is that buffon must recover now. If you look at PostIronic post, you will realise that he is spot on. Italy has NOT been terrible for decades. He only sucked at WC2010 due to the ABSENT of BUFFON AND PIRLO.

what the squad MAY be lacking is a decent LB. I am rather disappointed when Peluso isn't called up. At least he knows most of the squad as we are made up of mostly juve players.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Why would Peluso ever be called up to the Azzurri. First off: he's not very good, second: he barely got any minutes this season, Third: I rather see Chiellini as an emergency LB than Peluso.

Pasqual would be called up way before Peluso.

reallegends

Jan 12, 2013
Hope prandelli doesn't change much apart from de sciglio and buffon(not as important as sciglio).His comments about winning wc with 7 different formations and utilising all 23 players scare me to death.Achieve r16 first and rest key players against uruguay.

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
Why everyone talking about Bonucci... He is medicore... The only way he made the team is because he plays for Juve... Paletta is way better than him. He was a bit uncomfortable but he did well. He doesnt cause the goal or was not part of the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, de sciglio needs to be here in order to push chiellini back to CB. It was a rather surprisingly underpar performance by paletta.
But think about it, maybe it would be good if Bonucci and barzagli played in CB. then Chiellini stays in LB. Because this would allow us to easily change to 3-5-2, which chiellini barza bonbon have become so familiar and successful with.

The most important thing is that buffon must recover now. If you look at PostIronic post, you will realise that he is spot on. Italy has NOT been terrible for decades. He only sucked at WC2010 due to the ABSENT of BUFFON AND PIRLO.

what the squad MAY be lacking is a decent LB. I am rather disappointed when Peluso isn't called up. At least he knows most of the squad as we are made up of mostly juve players.
Please dont let Bonucci embarrass himself.

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
Whatever, I lost count the amount of times he lost track of Sturridge and was beaten for pace. He was woeful.
Everyone got beaten by there pace including killini... They also walked pass pirlo... So what Bonucci could do any better? He would have receive a red card.

- - - Updated - - -

Peluso can't play at this level, he would be a disaster.
LOLOL Pel who? Joke!

- - - Updated - - -

Peluso can't play at this level, he would be a disaster.
LOLOL Pel who? Joke!

- - - Updated - - -

Hope prandelli doesn't change much apart from de sciglio and buffon(not as important as sciglio).His comments about winning wc with 7 different formations and utilising all 23 players scare me to death.Achieve r16 first and rest key players against uruguay.
I agree. Keep the same formation with the same players... let Killini adapt to that left back role. I believe he can do well but... If Barzalgi is hurt... Do not! I repeat do not! play Bonucci... Move Killini to the center with Paletta.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you laughing at?

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Paletta did not have a good match against England, but I think his nerves got to him. He doesn't have that many caps.

If De Sciglio is still unavailable for Costa Rica I'd keep the same defensive line that was used against England. I think we'd see a better Paletta this time around.

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
Paletta did not have a good match against England, but I think his nerves got to him. He doesn't have that many caps.

If De Sciglio is still unavailable for Costa Rica I'd keep the same defensive line that was used against England. I think we'd see a better Paletta this time around.
I totally agree.

Jul 1, 2010

Nah, Abate on the right, Darmian on the left and Chiellini in the center.

Abate is not that bad, I prefer having him out wide than Chiellini on the left and Paletta in the center.

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
Nah, Abate on the right, Darmian on the left and Chiellini in the center.

Abate is not that bad, I prefer having him out wide than Chiellini on the left and Paletta in the center.
Dont try to change what is not broken. Our left back is hurt so Paletta had to come in the squad. Leave Abate on the bench. Darmian did a fantastic job. Paletta showed great maturity with his lack of International experience. Soon he be Solid as a rock. If Killini starts to rip up the Left position everyone will be happy. It gives us better defense against set pieces with big defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)