Official Azzurri WC2014 Thread (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He's at least regular Serie A FB, not fan of him either, but in my books he's better player. Decent at defending and can provide that spark when going forward. Criscito plainly sucks in both areas.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
I rumored formation to counter englands man marking is

---------------Buffon
Darmian-barzagli-chiellini-de sciglio
--------------De rossi
Veratti--------pirlo-------marchisio
---------------Candreva
--------------Balotelli

Its really a 4-5-1
rather have Insigne, Cassano or Immobile instead of Candreva up top with Balotelli.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
My thoughts are that Italy are either gonna miserably fail this WC, like Juventus did on an international level cause Italy is Juventus, or they are gonna fucking reach the very end of this shit.....

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
My thoughts are that Italy are either gonna miserably fail this WC, like Juventus did on an international level cause Italy is Juventus, or they are gonna $#@!ing reach the very end of this $#@!.....
I feel the same and I think we'll know which it will be by the end of the England game Saturday

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
@DelPiero84 how do u rate your chances against Brazil? I went to do some bets today and Brazil were 1.3 to win..... I put 5 Euro on Croatia to draw because i think u guys are very dangerous against any team. I remember in the Euro's u lost out in the groups to the 2 finalists in a very tight group.

People give Brazil to much credit and i think Croatia can more than hold their own against Brazil.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
@DelPiero84 how do u rate your chances against Brazil? I went to do some bets today and Brazil were 1.3 to win..... I put 5 Euro on Croatia to draw because i think u guys are very dangerous against any team. I remember in the Euro's u lost out in the groups to the 2 finalists in a very tight group.

People give Brazil to much credit and i think Croatia can more than hold their own against Brazil.
Croatia is dangerous, they have a lot of quality and is the type of big physical team that bothers Brazil. They could surprise them tomorrow...

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

It will be a close match, more than some would expect. Brazil naturally are strong favourites, as hosts of the tournament with the whole stadium franticaly giving them support, they'll will be extremely motivated to start the competition with victory, and they have quality to beat anyone. Pressure is certainly on them. I wouldn't exclude slight bias from the refs, something we've seen on previous tournaments when nations with less footballing traditions hosted competition, let alone Brazil. But like DIECI said, our physicality is something that SA teams find it difficult to cope with and we have few technically gifted players as well, currently among better ones in Europe. Hoping for a draw. :xfinger:

Our lastest training line-up and I really hope that Jelavić won't start.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think Croatia has a strong chance. It's just that their "physicality" may come back to bite them in the ass. If they start too intense, the fact that they're bigger means the heat will probably affect them more and the second half will be all Brazil.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wo...nst-Italy-ahead-World-Cup-Group-D-opener.html

Nothing really surprising from England. They'll try to keep the tempo high and wear Italy out, pressing, fast counter attacks. Tried and trusted with Liverpool, Southampton and the like this season, but England have always tried to out-tempo other teams and it has never worked at tournaments. In the odd game, sure.

Much will probably depend on how the game starts. If England can come flying out and score early it sets them up nicely. If Italy get a hold of the ball then Hodgson isn't quite as brave nor England as sharp as they like to pretend they are when this happens, they'll revert to mostly counter attacks.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
My thoughts are that Italy are either gonna miserably fail this WC, like Juventus did on an international level cause Italy is Juventus, or they are gonna fucking reach the very end of this shit.....
Yep, been saying that a few times already, though my reasoning for them crashing out early would be slightly different. While Juventus has indeed failed quite miserably at a comprable format this year and Italy is Juventus, I think it would have more to do with complacentness and historical precedence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)