Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Well as of right now, he's being stupid. The past is sort of irrelevant. It's like when people say Italy are the best because they won 4 world cups.
Sure Christina, but the guy has more experience than almost any other coach and certainly knows the things better than us.
I disagree with him when it comes to his players choice , I disagree with the position of certain players in the team , and I disagree with experiments in a group phase but he is far from being lost or stupid.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Sure Christina, but the guy has more experience than almost any other coach and certainly knows the things better than us.
I disagree with him when it comes to his players choice , I disagree with the position of certain players in the team , and I disagree with experiments in a group phase but he is far from being lost or stupid.
No doubt, I love Lippi. I just don't really understand what he is doing with this team. I guess I should have faith, but it's hard. Oh well, I hope he proves us all wrong.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Gila and Marchisio face axe
Tuesday 22 June, 2010

Italy boss Marcello Lippi will drop Alberto Gilardino and Claudio Marchisio for Thursday's final group match against Slovakia, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The 62-year-old tactician is planning a number of big changes in the hope of giving his side a shock that will help them get the win they need to qualify.

La Gazzetta understands Gilardino has lost his place to Sampdoria striker Giampaolo Pazzini after failing to score in Italy's opening two matches.

Marchisio is also set to miss out, although it remains to be seen who replaces him in midfield, as it's dependant on the formation.

If Lippi persists with a 4-4-2, Mauro Camoranesi will step into Marchisio's shoes on the left-hand side. However, if Lippi decides to go with a 4-3-3 instead, La Gazzetta hears that Rino Gattuso will be given a starting berth.

There could also be another two changes at full-back with Gianluca Zambrotta swapping from the right to the left where he would replace Domenico Criscito.

Napoli's Christian Maggio would then start as Italy's right-back.

Football Italia

Dec 31, 2008
:tup:
-------------------------Gigi/Marchetti
Maggio----------Bonucci---------------Chiellini--------Zambrotta
---------------------Montolivo-------De Rossi
----Camo---------------------Pirlo----------------Pepe
-----------------------------Pazzini

juventus1897

Sep 19, 2006
I would like to see Quagliarella given a chance. Also Gattuso could add some real grit to the midfield, but not really the offensive edge we've been missing. Too bad Pirlo won't be able to start against Slovakia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)