Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (65 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Since Rab is now an official Italian citizen and Azzurri fan I say we give him a proper Italian name.

My nomination:

Rabio Grosso
I don't like the family name there. Rabio doesn't sound bad though.

I thought it was Rablessandro Del Piero
Fits me more. It really feels like it's my real name.

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO

Could we have this on the first page please? In fact, we should put it as a title on every page. Can everyone edit their posts please?
Check the first page;)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
This all becoming rather petty, not to say pathetic.

And this Seven bating also.

Football isn't about logic, it's about passion: As is football.

There's no telling who one will fall in love with.
:delpiero:

Best & most sensible post in the entire thread.

Fact is that most of us Juventus fans on this forum, myself included, didn't have a single reason to fall in love with the team, yet we did. Which is actually pretty silly, undeniably so.
In fact, it would have been a hell of a lot easier & cheaper if that hadn't happened to me and if I would have fallen in love with a team near where I live. But hey, I guess I'm stuck with my "choice".

So tell me, why can't a person fall in love with an International team rather than a club team? Because it doesn't make sense?

Well honestly, me supporting, better yet absolutely loving Juve doesn't make any sense either.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Like an hour ago i watched the 2006 highlights of Italy with Caressa's commentary, i really hope we can feel such strong emotions again this year!

Dai ragazzi, Ci Crediamo!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
"Va dentro Grosso.. c'è Cannavaro, Cannavaro anche"

"Lo mette fuori Cànnavaro, poi insiste ancora Cànnavaro.. CÀNNAVARO!" It was a pretty great steal.

By the way, what a moment of sheer genius from Gilardino. Everyone looked at Del Piero, because he did score a stunner, but what intelligence from the violin player.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Gattuso announces Italy retirement
Saturday 12 June, 2010
Gennaro Gattuso has announced he will retire from international duty after the World Cup. “I dream of being the Italy Coach, though.”

The Milan midfielder has decided to hang up his Azzurri boots following this experience in South Africa, joining Fabio Cannavaro.

“It is only right, for the way I see football, that at the age of 33 I step aside and give more space for players who have better physical stamina,” he explained in a Press conference.

“As a player it will be my last World Cup, but then I have a dream of one day leading the Nazionale to this tournament as a Coach.”

It has not been a vintage season for Gattuso, who suffered from a series of injury problems.

“I wake up without pain now and can train regularly. Undoubtedly I had a very tough campaign, but Marcello Lippi gave me this chance and I must be ready.

“For 11 years I was accustomed to playing every game. I played the Confederations Cup with half a leg working and after the knee injury often played despite not being 100 per cent. Now I am fine and feel good.

“I know that I am still important for this squad, otherwise I would’ve asked Lippi to leave me behind. I need to have enthusiasm in my work, otherwise I don’t feel happy with myself and would rather be at home fishing.”

Many say Gattuso is already an assistant manager, as from the touchline he never stops shouting or giving directions.

“If I don’t start, then I’ll cheer on my teammates. It is an honour for me to wear the Azzurri jersey and there’s nothing better. I would’ve come to South Africa just as a water boy.

“I don’t feel that I am a touchline captain. I gladly give advice to the younger players, but we already have Cannavaro as the captain.”

However, Rino is concerned at Monday’s opener with Paraguay and questions the lessons learned from their 2-1 friendly defeat to Mexico.

“We mustn’t fall into the trap of provocation. It was said that Mexico beat us because of their superior fitness training schedule at the time, but the truth is that we also suffer against that type of team.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)