Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

delpiero4life

Mar 23, 2010
Lippi is a great coach, but he clearly has not picked the best 23 players available to him. it is obvious he has his favourites.

firstly, cassano is the best italian player right now and has cleaned up his attitude alot. miccoli was the second best italian striker of the league after di natali for me and was also left behind. ok fair enough, you want to go for experience and versatility- well how about totti? totti can play in the middle or up front and has creativity and worl class experience. also please tell what quadgrigella (sorry for spelling) has to offer different? please some one anyone?? he sat on the bench for most of this season. And dont get me started on gattuso please.... he is invisible on the pitch for milan. but at least we have g. rossi, he is one of the only players with speed, flair and creativity- oh hold on, no lippi dropped him.

obviously lippi is building a defensive team which is fair enough, but what happens if we go down 2-0? who comes on to save the day?

el Manco

May 25, 2010
Lippi is a great coach, but he clearly has not picked the best 23 players available to him. it is obvious he has his favourites.

firstly, cassano is the best italian player right now and has cleaned up his attitude alot. miccoli was the second best italian striker of the league after di natali for me and was also left behind. ok fair enough, you want to go for experience and versatility- well how about totti? totti can play in the middle or up front and has creativity and worl class experience. also please tell what quadgrigella (sorry for spelling) has to offer different? please some one anyone?? he sat on the bench for most of this season. And dont get me started on gattuso please.... he is invisible on the pitch for milan. but at least we have g. rossi, he is one of the only players with speed, flair and creativity- oh hold on, no lippi dropped him.

obviously lippi is building a defensive team which is fair enough, but what happens if we go down 2-0? who comes on to save the day?
Totti sat on his ass for 4 years and did nothing for Italy and now when the WC is here he says OK pick me. No thx. He is great but Italy can do without him.

Dec 31, 2008
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]Iaquinta-Gila-Di Natale for Mexico[/FONT]
Wednesday 2 June, 2010
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Marcello Lippi tested Vincenzo Iaquinta, Antonio Di Natale and Alberto Gilardino together in training ahead of tomorrow’s Mexico friendly.
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“The game with Mexico will be crucial when it comes to clearing up our ideas,” explained the Italy Coach.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“We will use the same tactic that has been experimented quite a few times over the last few days, with a few variations in the personnel.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Giorgio Chiellini and Mauro Camoranesi would’ve started when the Azzurri face Mexico in Brussels on Thursday evening, kick-off at 18.15 UK time, but they are out injured.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]In today’s final training session Italy lined up with Christian Maggio, Leonardo Bonucci, Fabio Cannavaro and Gianluca Zambrotta in defence.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Andrea Pirlo and Daniele De Rossi provide the midfield 'dam’ behind trequartisti Di Natale, Iaquinta and Claudio Marchisio.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Fiorentina centre-forward Gilardino is the lone genuine striker.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]There are also some alternatives for Lippi to test out against Mexico, such as Simone Pepe replacing Di Natale or Iaquinta, plus Giampaolo Pazzini challenging Gilardino.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The squad won’t fly out to Belgium until tomorrow morning and fly back to Italy straight after the friendly match.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The final pre-World Cup match will be on Saturday in Geneva against Switzerland, kick-off 19.45 UK time.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The team flies out to South Africa on Tuesday June 8 and will make its debut against Paraguay on Monday June 14.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Marchi as CAM?
[/FONT]

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Q-u-a-g-l-i-a-r-e-l-l-a.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)