Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (75 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
That's the main thing, because there have been very strong England squads before but these players need their hands holding or they look ordinary.
I think most need to have their ego's checked back in time to time. That squad on paper is up there with the best in the World Cup.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Gattuso's called :lol:
Fucking Gattuso :lol:

Seriously, Gattuso was useful back in the days. He didn't know how to play football but he was fighting and running.
Now he doesn't run, doesn't fight and all that is left is his lack of talent to play football.

He missed the entire season last year and this year he's been either terrible or he was a bench warmer.
If he's taken, I think it will be the Perruzzi at 2006 case, he's got the spirit and experience. I really can't see him starting. One of my 2006 favorites. It the depends on Camoranesi and Pirlo really, if these two are on top form, I'd say Italy are as good as any team.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers: Buffon, Marchetti, De Sanctis, Sirigu.

Defenders: Bocchetti, Bonucci, F. Cannavaro, Cassani, Chiellini, Criscito,
Grosso, Maggio, Zambrotta.

Midfielders: Camoranesi, Candreva, Cossu, De Rossi, Gattuso, Marchisio, Montolivo, Palombo, Pepe, Pirlo.

Forwards: Borriello, Di Natale, Gilardino, Iaquinta, Pazzini, G. Rossi, Fabio Quagliarella.

This is how much they played in the qualifiers:
Goalkeepers:
- Buffon 630 minutes
- Marchetti 90
- De Sanctis 0
- Sirigu 0

Defenders:
Cannavaro 810
Zambrotta 810
Chiellini 620
Grosso 364
Bocchetti 104
Criscito 90
Bonucci 0
Cassani 0
Maggio 0

Midfielders:
De Rossi 744
Pirlo 531
Camoranesi 476
Pepe 379
Palombo 359
Gattuso 315
Marchisio 73
Montolivo 68
Candreva 0
Cossu 0

Attackers:
Iaquinta 431
Di Natale 419
Gilardino 414
Quagliarella 229
Rossi 157
Pazzini 34
Borriello 0
-----------------------

These are the players (and the minutes they played) who played in the qualifiers but didn't make it to the provisional squad:
- Dossena 274
- Legrottaglie 180
- Amelia 180
- Aquilani 155
- Toni 132
- Santon 109
- D'Agostino 104
- Gamberini 94
- Brighi 90
- Barzagli 86
- Cassetti 72
- Marchionni 57
- Perrotta 47
- Del Piero 34
- Bonera 31
---------------------------------------
17 of these 30 players in the provisional squad, played at the confederations cup. 6 of those who were at the confederations cup, didn't make it in the provisional list (Amelia, Santon, Gamberini, Legrottaglie, Dossena, Toni)

Sirigu, Bonucci, Cassani, Maggio, Cossu, Candreva and Borriello didn't play a single minute both in the qualifiers nor in the confederations cup.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
England are still vulnerable at right back, and I'm not convinced their midfield really works. I haven't seen much of them under Capello though, so maybe he's found a kludge which works.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yup not enough balance in it. Gerrard and Lampard are two very similar players.

Oh and you can laugh all you want about Italy's squad but England called up Walcott :lol: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)