Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,903
    Why are you so confident of that?

Italy wont win it, but neither will England. And I reckon if Italy met England in this tournament, Italy would win. England are a bunch of chokers at this level. No foreign superstars to save your average international team.

And to add to that, if Rooney is out of this tournament...LOL.
    The only thing about no Rooney that pisses me off is now after they flop all of the English pundits are going to claim they would have won it if only Rooney was fit. The stupid excuse that they usually have after their failures is already written for them.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I think that Azzurri fans are forgetting that Capello is the manager. They don't have a second rate choker at the helm. It won't necessarily be the same England they're used to.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    I can see why Lippi doesnt pick players like Cassano, Miccoli and Balotelli. According to his "united team" philosophy having one of them, let alone all three of them would be considered madness. I don't necessarily agree with his stance on this, but I can see why he does it. He's the coach and he's gonna have to live and die by his selections. If it was up to me Id have at least two of those (Balo and Cassano) in the squad.

Italy will probably make the QF's MAX (where they will most likely be eliminated by Spain) Anything more then that will be considered a bonus and a success given the players Lippi will have at his disposal.

TBH the thing I'm looking forward to the most is the pathetic and hilarious English media and their incessant hyping and over-rating of their NT. Then once their bundled out on pennos in the QF, jump on their backs and criticise the fuck out of them.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I can see why Lippi doesnt pick players like Cassano, Miccoli and Balotelli. According to his "united team" philosophy having one of them, let alone all three of them would be considered madness. I don't necessarily agree with his stance on this, but I can see why he does it. He's the coach and he's gonna have to live and die by his selections. If it was up to me Id have at least two of those (Balo and Cassano) in the squad.

Italy will probably make the QF's MAX (where they will most likely be eliminated by Spain) Anything more then that will be considered a bonus and a success given the players Lippi will have at his disposal.

TBH the thing I'm looking forward to the most is the pathetic and hilarious English media and their incessant hyping and over-rating of their NT. Then once their bundled out on pennos in the QF, jump on their backs and criticise the fuck out of them.
    :tup:

What about Luca Toni? Is he going to the WC?
    Unclear.

I would guess he will go if he plays okay and stays injury free until the end of the season.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Miccoli, Nesta, Totti, and Cassano would all add class to a team that sorely needs it
    What about Luca Toni? Is he going to the WC?
    Wouldnt shock me.

Italy for once have quite a few strikers - not necesarrily any world beats though.

Pazzini, Gilardino, Di Natale, Rossi (andys boy), Toni, Quagliarella and maybe Iaquinta will be the obvious choices Lippi will make. I think he'll take 5 of those 7 I mentioned.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    No idea.

I expect Totti, Toni, Di Natale, Iaquinta and Gilardino or Pazzini to be the ones chosen.
    Shit, when you look at it Italy really do have an abundance of pretty good options upfront. And this isnt even taking into account players like Balotelli, Miccoli and Cassano who will be nowhere near selection.

If only they had these selection headaches in defence.

Grosso, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Criscito, Zambrotta, Legrottaglie and who else will he pick? Santon? Bocchetti? Bonucci?

May 22, 2007
    I think that Azzurri fans are forgetting that Capello is the manager. They don't have a second rate choker at the helm. It won't necessarily be the same England they're used to.
    Just rewind back to when he got that incredible Juventus team knocked out way too early in the CL, when he should have made the semi finals at the very minimum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)