Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Actually Bendtner is out injured too. We only have one fit striker now and that is Eduardo. I do not trust the Croat's fitness, plus he hasn't exactly been setting the world alight with his performances this season either. I am very pessimistic now, especially that our next two games are extremely tough games.
just saw this:

Just saw the friendly match between Italy and Holland. Robin got injured by Chiellini. Niclas is already out for some time. The only fit striker I have is Eduardo. FML.

Arsene Wenger, London, England

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
In all seriousness though, I'm not an Arsenal fan, but obviously enjoy watching Van Persie grow into the most influential and important player for team and country, so I'm cracking jokes about it, but I'm not happy.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
nothing wrong with the tackle at all.. Chiellini is an old school defender who will never back out of a tackle. Sometimes it gets him into grief but most times it results in him intercepting the ball. Van Persie swung at the ball and from what it looks like, connected with Chiellini's foot and twisted his ankle, which results in him supposedly tearing his ligaments. Friendly or no friendly, these players are fighting for their positions in the world cup and are always eager to impress their coaches, should Chiellini have let Van Persie take a shot, or should he just do his duty as a defender and attempt to clear the ball from danger? I think it is ridiculous that Arsenal fans are instantly blaming Chiellini for injuring Van Persie. What a joke!

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
just saw this:

Just saw the friendly match between Italy and Holland. Robin got injured by Chiellini. Niclas is already out for some time. The only fit striker I have is Eduardo. FML.

Arsene Wenger, London, England
:D

In all seriousness though, I'm not an Arsenal fan, but obviously enjoy watching Van Persie grow into the most influential and important player for team and country, so I'm cracking jokes about it, but I'm not happy.
Fantastic player. :tup:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Some journalist in Italy saying Wenger should of listened to Mourinho and told Van Persie to watch for those Juventini tacklers. :rolleyes:

1st it's sad to see him down for 3 months but it was a great tackle. Now they're making Chiello look like the new Materazzi. :sergio:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Some journalist in Italy saying Wenger should of listened to Mourinho and told Van Persie to watch for those Juventini tacklers. :rolleyes:

1st it's sad to see him down for 3 months but it was a great tackle. Now they're making Chiello look like the new Materazzi. :sergio:
As long as it doesn't affect Giorgio (and it shouldn't. It's not like he broke Van Persie's leg or ruined his career), I don't give a damn what the journalists or Arsenal fans say.

It was a great tackle and i'm proud of Giorgio.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Speaking about Amauri playing for the Azzurri, Pazzini said: “I have to confess that it bothers me a little.
“I understand if someone is half Italian, but on his account he isn't Italian at all,” Pazzini concluded.

Football-Italia

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008

Someone need to post the video that showed Chiellini clean tackle on Van Persie, or even the photo close up when Chiellini tackle's get the ball first on Arsenal forum, journalist, Mourinho and Wenger

They also need to see the video about how Vieira injured De Rossi in Inter - Roma match..

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
There was nothing wrong at all with the tackle in all fairness. No way can anybody blame Giorgio for that.
The media do, but it's good to see Van Persie himself said he doesn't blame Killini for anything, that it was completely unintentional. Maybe the bullshit like calling Giorgio a 'butcher' and what not in the media will stop.

:tup:

Also, for those interested (Fred?), Robin's going to try a certain new method of treating the injury somewhere in former Yugoslavia. A few players recommended it to him and it might help him recover faster. Arsenal gave him the freedom to choose whichever way he wanted to treat the injury. It's hard to say how long it will take, but estimates are still close to 2 months.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yes i read about that. Its some kind of massage, according to RVP a player from PSV tried it and it helped speed his recovery. Our medics gave him the green light because even if it didn't help him, it certainly won't do him any harm.

This was probably going to be his best season for us, its a real big blow to Robin and to Arsenal.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Mancini reveals his Italy XI
Tuesday 17 November, 2009

Former Inter, Lazio and Fiorentina Coach Roberto Mancini has revealed the XI players he would select if he were in charge of Italy.

The 44-year-old recently decided to rescind his contract with Inter just over a year after being sacked by Massimo Moratti.

Mancini is still without a job and would be one of the frontrunners to take over from Marcello Lippi, if the World Cup winner steps down next summer.

Interviewed on Italian TV show Le Iene, Mancini named his XI as Buffon; Zambrotta, Nesta, Barzagli, Grosso; Pirlo, De Rossi, Gattuso, Cassano; Totti, Toni.

Interestingly, Mancini differs with Lippi in that he would prefer Barzagli to Cannavaro.

There is also no room for Cannavaro's Juventus team-mate Giorgio Chiellini.

But perhaps most important of all is Mancini's decision to include Antonio Cassano, the Sampdoria fantasista, who has so far been ignored by Lippi during his second stint in charge of La Nazionale.

Cassano has become something of a cause célèbre among the Italian people.

A fan got on the pitch during Italy's friendly with Holland on Saturday and showed off his T-Shirt on which was printed: “Cassano in the national team.”

:howler: That team flat out sucks. Barzagli over Chiellini? Come on.

And some folks want this douche to coach Juve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)