Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I've been watching Australia ever since they've become a part of the Asian Federation. I'm sorry man, but your team isn't that good. Evidence of that is the last Asian Cup. I do not think you'd do much in the next WC.
They have a couple decent players, but I don't think they'll do as well as they did last time. Then again I don't really follow the Aussie league (not at all:D) so there could be the surprises.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
The All Whites are the New Zealand national team. Nothing to do with us Aussies!

And, we still have a good team thats capable of doing great things, we just have a shit coach. Pim Verbeek, always makes us play this shitty 4-2-3-1 and is very defensive oriented. Josh Kennedy is our starting striker, and Scott McDonald (Celtic) is the back up, unfortunately neither are us good as Mark Viduka in that lone striker role. If only the big man would come out of international retirement :(

We're still getting used to the Asian Confederation, and once we figure out all the teams aren't easy beats and pushovers, and start to play against them with respect, you will see us get better results. We are still the number 1 ranked team in Asia. Did you see us against Japan last June? We were all over them.

Emerton (Blackburn), Kewell (Galatasaray), Cahill (Everton), Schwarzer (Fulham), Bresciano (Palermo), Grella (Blackburn), Neill (Everton), Wilkshire (Dinamo Moscow). All players who play at a very high level week in week out. There isnt many players in our team from our domestic league. Only Craig Moore and Jason Culina who were both formerly of Rangers and PSV respectively :)

I think if we get a decent group at the WC, I would fancy us to go alright. We are very very hard to break down. Like I said, bring on the US of A.

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,286
    No offense but this whole ongoing Andy and JCK versus the Azzurri fans is the most retarded argument I have seen on this forum, it goes on and on, taking up half of this thread. The continual slipping in of snide remarks and using any opportunity to insult fans and the team itself never brings reasonable debate or interesting civil conversation just a bunch of name calling and bitching. @ Andy and the Azzurri haters, if you hate Italy that is fine but your notion that every Azzurri fan is this gay fanboy stereotype that poses like he is Italian and masturbates to Pasta sauce is just ignorant. This isn't even a discussion it's just a bitching session
    There are many ongoing debates on this forum which are very intriguing and actually move forward but this one NEVER does...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    The All Whites are the New Zealand national team. Nothing to do with us Aussies!

And, we still have a good team thats capable of doing great things, we just have a shit coach. Pim Verbeek, always makes us play this shitty 4-2-3-1 and is very defensive oriented. Josh Kennedy is our starting striker, and Scott McDonald (Celtic) is the back up, unfortunately neither are us good as Mark Viduka in that lone striker role. If only the big man would come out of international retirement :(

We're still getting used to the Asian Confederation, and once we figure out all the teams aren't easy beats and pushovers, and start to play against them with respect, you will see us get better results. We are still the number 1 ranked team in Asia. Did you see us against Japan last June? We were all over them.

Emerton (Blackburn), Kewell (Galatasaray), Cahill (Everton), Schwarzer (Fulham), Bresciano (Palermo), Grella (Blackburn), Neill (Everton), Wilkshire (Dinamo Moscow). All players who play at a very high level week in week out. There isnt many players in our team from our domestic league. Only Craig Moore and Jason Culina who were both formerly of Rangers and PSV respectively :)

I think if we get a decent group at the WC, I would fancy us to go alright. We are very very hard to break down. Like I said, bring on the US of A.
    You did extremely well in the second round of the qualifiers, which actually surprised me. Because you were rather poor in the first round and barely got through.

Out of those players you mentioned, there is obviously no flair there, the Aussies play long ball one route football, its enough to get past the Asian teams but in the WC you're going to need more than that.

And i think the US would beat you guys anyday.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    So we have 10 years on the Roos?
    Hey, we both barely beat South Africa. :p

And here I thought Toowoomba City was in Queensland. My mistake. :shifty:

I thought Australia got shafted in the last WC against Italy, even if the red card against Italy was bogus to begin with.

It's a good NT. I'm hoping to see a repeat performance.

No offense but this whole ongoing Andy and JCK versus the Azzurri fans is the most retarded argument I have seen on this forum, it goes on and on, taking up half of this thread.
    That's true. But even so, the hypocrisy of non-Italian Italy NT fans -- i.e., those who don't have an ounce of pizza-sauced Italian blood in them -- rejecting certain potential players on the basis of their worthy "Italianness" is a complete joke. It would be like me protesting a Navajo tribe's new chief on the basis that he isn't 100% Navajo in my eyes.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    No offense but this whole ongoing Andy and JCK versus the Azzurri fans is the most retarded argument I have seen on this forum, it goes on and on, taking up half of this thread. The continual slipping in of snide remarks and using any opportunity to insult fans and the team itself never brings reasonable debate or interesting civil conversation just a bunch of name calling and bitching. @ Andy and the Azzurri haters, if you hate Italy that is fine but your notion that every Azzurri fan is this gay fanboy stereotype that poses like he is Italian and masturbates to Pasta sauce is just ignorant. This isn't even a discussion it's just a bitching session
    There are many ongoing debates on this forum which are very intriguing and actually move forward but this one NEVER does...
    Well said :tup:

But get used to it, the same childish shitwill be repeated ad infinitum.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,290
    That's true. But even so, the hypocrisy of non-Italian Italy NT fans -- i.e., those who don't have an ounce of pizza-sauced Italian blood in them -- rejecting certain potential players on the basis of their worthy "Italianness" is a complete joke. It would be like me protesting a Navajo tribe's new chief on the basis that he isn't 100% Navajo in my eyes.
    I understand how it is hypocritical but I think it is stupid that you really care what national team somebody who you don't even know supports. Your argument is logical but not worth continually bringing up and insulting anybody who likes the Azzurri over just because you assume they fit this stereotypical wanna be Italian. And btw everybody does hypocritical things and holds hypocritical beliefs in some way so to attack others for being hypocrites in this instance is hypocritical in itself.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    No, I don't hate Italy, for the 5000th time. What I do hate are the parasites who support foreign nations, act like they're a part of it, and don't support their own country. There are more Azzurri fans in the United States than true supporters of the US despite living here, and what I think we should do is round them up and put them in camps because they're a bunch of retards.

If you're a fan of the US, don't support other nations because you look like a clown. All the morons who support the US AND Italy keep having to choose between the two, with most supporting the Azzurri. At a time when we need all the support we can get, this crap is unacceptable.

Those fans can go to HELL.

Exactly. Bunch of morons.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    You did extremely well in the second round of the qualifiers, which actually surprised me. Because you were rather poor in the first round and barely got through.

Out of those players you mentioned, there is obviously no flair there, the Aussies play long ball one route football, its enough to get past the Asian teams but in the WC you're going to need more than that.

And i think the US would beat you guys anyday.
    You havent been watching us a lot lately if you think we play route one football. Since Guus took over in 2005 (and now with Verbeek) we've basically eradicated that "British Style" route one long ball style of football. Australia now tend to hold on to the ball a lot more and try to maintain possesion for as long as possible these days. A lot of our head coaches in the youth systems/set up in our country are Dutch and they are trying to impose this style of football on us. (for example, EVERY youth team from the U/16s until the Olympic team must play with a 4-3-3 formation...they do this is in the Netherlands as well)

Against Oman a couple of days ago, yes, we were a bit guilty of playing route one football (with a shitload of hopeful crosses for Kennedy to get on the end on) but every country/club team in the world employs that sort of tactic when they're in need of a goal.

And don't under estimate Aus. I'd say player for player we're just as good if not better then the Yanks, and we play with just as much heart and desire as them. It would be a close game nonetheless.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,293
    No, I don't hate Italy, for the 5000th time. What I do hate are the parasites who support foreign nations, act like they're a part of it, and don't support their own country. There are more Azzurri fans in the United States than true supporters of the US despite living here, and what I think we should do is round them up and put them in camps because they're a bunch of retards.

If you're a fan of the US, don't support other nations because you look like a clown. All the morons who support the US AND Italy keep having to choose between the two, with most supporting the Azzurri. At a time when we need all the support we can get, this crap is unacceptable.

Those fans can go to HELL.
    You don't hate Italy? and for the 5000th time I don't believe you on that, but I don't give a damn how you feel about Italy, what pisses me off is that you do give a damn about how I feel about it. I watch all of the U.S. games and support our boys ahead of any other team, I like the Azzurri but that doesn't even come close to my passion for my home country. You, a person who actually believes that our government is evil and Bush was behind 9/11, trying to say that I am unpatriotic for liking another country's football team(Even though I support the U.S. any day over Italy) is just stupid and makes you even more hypocritical than Australians who don't want Amauri to play for Italy

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    You don't hate Italy? and for the 5000th time I don't believe you on that, but I don't give a damn how you feel about Italy, what pisses me off is that you do give a damn about how I feel about it. I watch all of the U.S. games and support our boys ahead of any other team, I like the Azzurri but that doesn't even come close to my passion for my home country. You, a person who actually believes that our government is evil and Bush was behind 9/11, trying to say that I am unpatriotic for liking another country's football team(Even though I support the U.S. any day over Italy) is just stupid and makes you even more hypocritical than Australians who don't want Amauri to play for Italy
    This has nothing to do about 9/11.

I wouldn't support an Italian team if I hated Italy, moron.

No move along and watch your back because the Russians are invading Georgia.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005

Well Beckham plays in our national league so BOOOO!:D

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    What does that have to with patriotism? Do you always believe that the people in power always want what's best for you and will never do anything to hurt you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)