Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Amazing two goals by Kaladze looooool.. I did not see the match. i returned home with the final whistle, then I saw the goals.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I think he has a great potential of being Trezeguet's replacement :D

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
“I will only talk about Amauri when he has a passport,” noted Lippi. “I want to point out that the issue of Oriundi will be a limited affair.

“Germany won the last European Under-21 championship with 10 nationalised players, which seems too much to me. I am a bit hesitant in that sense.”

Stupid man that Lippi. Most of those German players where either born in Germany or raised in that country, its not like Amauri who ended up in Italy after 21 years of his life.

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #889
    Ireland played shit but won once again. :D

I think we're going to win the group. Watch out, Azzurri!
    Ireland win the group? lolololololol Italy are the masters of playing like shit and getting results. D'agostino, Quagliarella and Santon should start against bulgaria. If I had to choose from Lippi's call ups I'd play;

---------------Buffon

Santon--Chiellini--Canna--Criscito

---D'agostino--Pirlo--Marchisio

-------------Camoranesi

--------Rossi--------Quagliarella

or switch to a 4-4-2 with Marchisio on the left and Camoranesi on the right. Pirlo is not the player he was in 2006, he can still pass excellently but his defensive play is weak and he gets caught in possession and leaves a hole in front of the defense when playing to far back. With either formation D'agostino should take up pirlo's position as a deep lying play maker and Pirlo should be pushed further forward as it seemed promising in the second half against Georgia.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #891
    But we have an Italian in charge. ;)
    I agree that Ireland will be a tough away game for the Azzurri but it won't be enough for Ireland to top the group. Italy will beat Bulgaria in another workmanlike but unimpressive 2-0 or 2-1 then travel to Ireland for a likely 1-1 draw but in the end it won't matter after Italy barely manage to beat Cyprus and finish top. Ireland will finish a close second after a last minute Robbie Keane winner over Montenegro to finish on 20 points, 4 behind Italy's 24. Ireland's hopes of reaching the world cup will depend upon who they draw in the playoff. There is a slight possibility of Irish victory over the Azzurri in which Italy will still qualify(by 1 point) as group leaders following wins against Bulgaria and Cyprus. And if Italy win in Ireland, which despite their poor form they are still very much capable of, it gets even simpler...

Ireland have real hope of making the 2010 world cup but only through the playoffs

Dec 31, 2008
    IMO this is the team italy should field
    ----------------------------Buffon
    Motta/Santon-----Canna------Chiellini-------Criscito/Grosso
    ----------------Camo----De Rossi----Dago
    ---------------Cassano--Pazzini/IQ---Rossi
    Cassano's entry seems highly impossible so i think Camo may be pushed up there and Marchisio can play in the 3 man midfield. Pirlo should be benched and Zambrotta thrown out

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
    Apparently Italy will play like this against Bulgaria.

Buffon
    Zambrotta - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Grosso
    Camoranesi - De Rossi - Pirlo - Marchisio
    Iaquinta - Rossi​

ItalJuve:cool:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    “I will only talk about Amauri when he has a passport,” noted Lippi. “I want to point out that the issue of Oriundi will be a limited affair.

“Germany won the last European Under-21 championship with 10 nationalised players, which seems too much to me. I am a bit hesitant in that sense.”

Stupid man that Lippi. Most of those German players where either born in Germany or raised in that country, its not like Amauri who ended up in Italy after 21 years of his life.
    Like Podolski, Klose ... :shifty:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)