Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #843
    I don't think Mourinho will be in Italy after this season.
    True, thats very much a possibility

Eℓvin;2129190 said:
    What makes you think that Ciro doesn't have a huge ego?
    All champions have it, all champions must have it... it's just some have the class and intelligence to make it work for them.
    I'm sure he has an ego, hell everybody does but compared to Mourinho?

We won't buy Cassano while Del Piero is still in Juve.
    Most likely not but who knows what will change at Juve between now and next season. I'm pretty sure the board won't sell Amauri but I could see them replacing either Iaquinta or Trezeguet. As for Del Piero he will be 35 this November and he doesn't seem to be a starter here anymore, after the injury problems he's had throughout his career how long can he keep playing at this level? It's impossible to imagine not seeing his name in Juve's roster but he could retire or leave for the MLS next summer. He claims he wants to play in America and he's already in his mid thirties...

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Eℓvin;2129190 said:
    What makes you think that Ciro doesn't have a huge ego?
    All champions have it, all champions must have it... it's just some have the class and intelligence to make it work for them.
    Ciro definitely has to have an ego. He has to, for the many championships he's won to demanding the head coaching job when Spalletti et al were on the short list after Ranieri's axing.

Some degree of that is good.

Mourinho has an ego, big time. But I also think some people mistake his disdain for the sports media business as ego sometimes.

We won't buy Cassano while Del Piero is still in Juve.
    I'm not sure regardless of that. One Zlatan on this squad was enough for a decade.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Most likely not but who knows what will change at Juve between now and next season. I'm pretty sure the board won't sell Amauri but I could see them replacing either Iaquinta or Trezeguet. As for Del Piero he will be 35 this November and he doesn't seem to be a starter here anymore, after the injury problems he's had throughout his career how long can he keep playing at this level? It's impossible to imagine not seeing his name in Juve's roster but he could retire or leave for the MLS next summer. He claims he wants to play in America and he's already in his mid thirties...
    But he won't. As long as he's here he'll require playing time. Not as a starter always, but he'll want to start at least 50% of the matches.
    If we have Cassano, who is now a better player than Del Piero and will be in the future too, there will be absolutely no place for Del Piero. He can get only those matches when Cassano will be rested, or some meaningless coppa matches.

Del Piero won't accept that, many fans won't accept it and frankly, the board will not accept such situation neither. Del Piero will not keep quiet, Cassano is crazy, you have problems in the team.

Plus, i'm not too sure if Cassano can work in the same team with Diego.
    Both of them are the center of everything in their respective teams and i don't know how well will they play if they don't get a free role. Both of them can not get a free role though.
    Then again, Cassano-Totti used to work fine, so i might be wrong.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #846
    But he won't. As long as he's here he'll require playing time. Not as a starter always, but he'll want to start at least 50% of the matches.
    If we have Cassano, who is now a better player than Del Piero and will be in the future too, there will be absolutely no place for Del Piero. He can get only those matches when Cassano will be rested, or some meaningless coppa matches.

Del Piero won't accept that, many fans won't accept it and frankly, the board will not accept such situation neither. Del Piero will not keep quiet, Cassano is crazy, you have problems in the team.

Plus, i'm not too sure if Cassano can work in the same team with Diego.
    Both of them are the center of everything in their respective teams and i don't know how well will they play if they don't get a free role. Both of them can not get a free role though.
    Then again, Cassano-Totti used to work fine, so i might be wrong.
    Yes I totally agree that Cassano will not join unless one of the strikers leaves, I might not have mentioned that in my post but I intended to imply when I said that one of forwards might leave. You never know what can happen in football after an entire season passes. I'm sure Cassano won't arrive with our four strikers here, what I'm not sure about is whether they will all remain next summer

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Yes I totally agree that Cassano will not join unless one of the strikers leaves, I might not have mentioned that in my post but I intended to imply when I said that one of forwards might leave. You never know what can happen in football after an entire season passes. I'm sure Cassano won't arrive with our four strikers here, what I'm not sure about is whether they will all remain next summer
    Not any of the 4 forwards. It will have to be Del Piero and only Del Piero.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #848
    Not any of the 4 forwards. It will have to be Del Piero and only Del Piero.
    Why would Alex care whether it's Iaquinta or Cassano who starts ahead of him? Our board seems to sign players when we don't always need them and Cassano is totally a player they would sign. Right now I think the main thing standing in the way would be whether or not we could convince Antonio to leave Samp, he seems very happy there

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    i think the thing that no one sees with having giovinco over cassano is the fact that gio at least for now said he is happy to start on the bench for diego, cassano wont be the same

Dec 31, 2008
    I dont see Cassano coming to Juve or Inter, Meelan may sign him. We can go for Rossi
    ---Gio-------Diego-----Rossi
    --------------Amauri

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    Juventino[RUS];2132225 said:
    Italy 4-4-2: Buffon; Zambrotta, Cannavaro Chiellini; Criscito; Marchionni, Pirlo, Palombo; Camoranesi; Iaquinta, Rossi.

Ummm Marchionni on LM isn't good i think.......
    Hopin for an Italy loss :tup:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Juventino[RUS];2132225 said:
    Italy 4-4-2: Buffon; Zambrotta, Cannavaro Chiellini; Criscito; Marchionni, Pirlo, Palombo; Camoranesi; Iaquinta, Rossi.

Ummm Marchionni on LM isn't good i think.......
    Marchionni's the RM in this formation. Camoranesi will play LM.

This starting XI screams JUVEEEEEE. The entire defense, the keeper included, plays or played for Juve. Both wingers played/play for Juve and one of the strikers is in Juve.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)