Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (73 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #781
    Marchionni :sergio:

Note that every player in this squad minus Marchetti, Santon, Pirlo and Di Natale, have all either played for us, play for us, or have been linked with us :lol:
    Have been linked with us? Thats poor criteria to use we get linked with everybody.. in fact we were linked with Pirlo and Di Natale last summer and the beginning of this one

Buy on AliExpress.com
    Jul 10, 2006
    Who would you play on the left?
    That's just what I was thinking, lol. There isn't one there. Rossi could probably do it decently if needed, but he's just not a winger.

Here is what I think:

Buffon
    Santon-Cannavaro-Chiellini-Grosso
    Pirlo-DeRossi-D'Agostino
    Rossi-Gilardino-Iaquinta​

He did the trident in the Confederations cup and looking at his new roster that what it appears he's got planned this time around. I'd rather see Marchisio, but he'll probably go with Camo or D'Ago. IDK.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #784
    Who would you play on the left?
    I think giovinco, Rosina, foggia, or Di Natale could all be tried on the left flank, or maybe play one of the LB's there who isn't starting at LB. I know it isn't perfect but Italy sucks right now and they for sure need a change. I think a 4-4-2 is worth a shot. Marchisio played pretty well on the left center side maybe he could try LW, and Rossi is also a possibility

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
    i would love to see this lineup in the wc although i know it's not hapenning

buffon
    zambrotta chiellini cannavaro crisito

de rossi pirlo marchisio

rossi cassano
    amauri

what do you guys think ???

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    What is really wrong with Lippi why is he not picking Cassano? Did he do something specific to Lippi, or it's just because of Cassano's character?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    What is really wrong with Lippi why is he not picking Cassano? Did he do something specific to Lippi, or it's just because of Cassano's character?
    I think Lippi just hates how everyone tells him to pick Cassano, and all this action italian football society and journalists take to get Antonio in la Nazionale just pushes him back. If they'd shut up for once, i think there would be a lot bigger possibility that Lippi actually calls Cassano up.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #796
    If I were Lippi I would call up:

GK: Buffon, Amelia, Marchetti

DF: Chiellini, Cannavaro, Criscito, Bocchetti, Grosso, Zambrotta, Motta

MF: Foggia, Maggio, Camoranesi, Giovinco, Marchisio, De rossi, Pirlo, Aquilani

FW: Di Natale, Quagliarella, Pazzini, Cassano, Rossi

I would use a 4-4-2:

--------------Buffon

Motta--Chiellini--Canna--Grosso

---------De Rossi--Pirlo--

Camo---------------------LM?

--------Pazzini---Cassano

I think this lineup is extremely formidable but I still don't know who would be the best option for left mid. Foggia, Giovinco, Rossi, Di Natale or if none of them can play well maybe either Grosso or Criscito could be pushed forward to play as a LW. And despite all the criticism Pirlo gets I think he is phenomenal player and just needs a change in tactics What do ya'll think?

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
    @Elgerino: They haven't got someone to play on the left of midfield!

@delpiero06: they're going to qualify, it's doing its job. Look at the formation I posted a page or so back for what I think they should do. Also, Cassano will not be in Lippi's squad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)