Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Pazzini is overrated a little bit. It was Cassano who made him look good.
:tup:

Didn't Italy remind you of Sissoko-less Juve?
The defense was left exposed way too many times. I don't think the Spanish or the Brazilian defense would have done much better in the place of Italian defense.

The ITA defense was awful for sure, but the role of the midfielders in making the backline look so awful was huge.

Just like Juve, the Italian defense needs help from the midfield.
And with your formation the Italian defense will be killed. What Lippi desperately needs is Gattuso to be in top form.
:tup:

Speed is overrated. Italy has never relied on speed anyway.
But pace can mask technical deficiencies, which is what Juve need to do in defence at the moment.

Buy on AliExpress.com

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Didn't Italy remind you of Sissoko-less Juve?
The defense was left exposed way too many times. I don't think the Spanish or the Brazilian defense would have done much better in the place of Italian defense.

The ITA defense was awful for sure, but the role of the midfielders in making the backline look so awful was huge.

Just like Juve, the Italian defense needs help from the midfield.
And with your formation the Italian defense will be killed. What Lippi desperately needs is Gattuso to be in top form.
In which case, playing 2 holding midfielders would not leave the defence as exposed. The problem with the confederations cup was DDR was left to cover for both Pirlo and Montolivo as well the fullbacks. That left gaping holes in a midfield that was never compact to begin with.

2 holding/defensive mids, with little to no offensive responsibilities beyond passing it to the 3 attacking mids infront of them, would not leave Italy as stretched, imo.

I could understand your criticism if you think Pirlo is too soft for that role infront of the defence, in which case I agree. Playing some1 who is more physical and with a better workrate would be a safer bet. The 4231 being tactically flawed in terms of exposing the defence, I dont agree. Granted the roles of those 2 mids infront of the defence are not similar to what we see at Roma, I think it would be fine.

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
4-1-3-2?

Buffon
Motta/Grosso- Chilleni-Cannavaro(surely he will be there)- Santon
Gattuso/any gd DM
Camoranesi-Pirlo-Giovinco
Iaquinta-Del Piero/Cassano(supporting striker)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
4-1-3-2?

Buffon
Motta/Grosso- Chilleni-Cannavaro(surely he will be there)- Santon
Gattuso/any gd DM
Camoranesi-Pirlo-Giovinco
Iaquinta-Del Piero/Cassano(supporting striker)

Buffon

Motta - PieceOfShit (c) - Chiellini - Grosso

Gattuso - De Rossi - Pirlo

Cassano

Iaquinta - Rossi

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Buffon

Motta - PieceOfShit (c) - Chiellini - Grosso

Gattuso - De Rossi - Pirlo

Cassano

Iaquinta - Rossi
Gatuso is only defensively and Pirlo is too soft defensively so I think both of them should be dropped, So I'd prefer De Rossi and Marchisio. Marchisios passing is just so great and he runs like hell and he can tackle. I think Lippi should really consider Marchisio in his team. And cassano should be there.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
here's another one.

Buffon
Motta-Legrottaglie-Chiellini-Santon
Marchisio-D'Agostino-De Rossi
Foggia-Amauri-Cassano

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
and another

Buffon
Motta-Santacroce-Chiellini-Santon
Palombo-D'Agostino-De Rossi
Rossi-Amauri-Cassano
See, that's a decent team.

In 2006, this was world class:

Buffon
Zambrotta Materazzi Cannavaro Grosso
Camoranesi Perrotta Gattuso Pirlo
Totti
Toni

With a decent Del Piero to come off the bench and De Rossi who, had he not been suspended, could have played a lot too.

The 2006 team would eat them TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)